Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you master several different martial arts in a very short time?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Nothing I have said here is false in any way.
    How many instructors have you trained?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That question has nothing to do with the quote.

I have not trained any, however I am a good teacher and i know what it takes to actually teach, and how to do it. When i do teach, my students learn the lessons very quickly.

The reason is that I have a goal in mind, and then break it all down into a step by step progressive plan to achieve that goal. One thing leads to the next and builds up incrementally.

In the past, I have seen people who teach a curriculum, in a certain order, but what thye teach, and the order they teach it does not seem to have a rhyme or reason, nor does it have any specific goal outside of teaching the curriculum itself, rather than using that curriculum as a tool to teach the skills and achieve the end goal.

For example, a teacher may just start teaching the curriculem as he was taught thinking that makes a good martial artists. His goals may be to build fighters, but somewhere down the line the curriculem he is passing was ACTUALLY designed to DEMILITARIZE his system, and he is unaware of that fact. So due to a lack of examination, he is actually teaching a curriculem that is on opposition to his current goals.

It takes 8 years before his students are able to actually fight. just as it took him 8 years. Instead of recognizing that his curriculem is developed to achieve the wrong goal, he thinks Kung Fu is a long and challenging road and never knows the same material can produce powerful fighters if only it was taught differently.

It takes 8 years before his students are able to actually fight. just as it took him 8 years. Instead of recognizing that his curriculem is developed to achieve the wrong goal, he thinks Kung Fu is a long and challenging road and never knows the same material can produce powerful fighters if only it was taught differently.
    Where did he say it tales 8 years to be able to FIGHT with his kung fu?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

To add to my last post, what I am looking for are the Chinese teacher who know that Kung Fu is a fighting art, and teach the system with a curriculum built on that goal, and not a more modern demilitarized curriculum.

To add to my last post, what I am looking for are the Chinese teacher who know that Kung Fu is a fighting art, and teach the system with a curriculum built on that goal, and not a more modern demilitarized curriculum.
    And IF those teachers exist, why would they teach it to YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Where did he say it tales 8 years to be able to FIGHT with his kung fu?
    Reply]
    That was somewhere in the other thread, but still I have heard this many times before as well. It was in a quote from the Hungar Master. I believe he used the word "Proficient" though. which to me means being able to use his skills successfully in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    And IF those teachers exist, why would they teach it to YOU?
    Reply]
    For the same reasons they have always taught me.

To add to my last post, what I am looking for are the Chinese teacher who know that Kung Fu is a fighting art, and teach the system with a curriculum built on that goal, and not a more modern demilitarized curriculum. OF COURSE, IT HAS TO BE ON VIDEO TAPE SO I CAN LEARN IT THAT WAY
    fixed that for him
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Reply]
    For the same reasons they have always taught me.
    If you have been taught...what are you looking for?

Sadly the best teachers, who really know how to fight don’t teach publicly.

I have not trained any, however I am a good teacher and i know what it takes to actually teach, and how to do it. When i do teach, my students learn the lessons very quickly.
    OK. Then how many fighters have you trained?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    Bullsh1t sychophantic myth.

Reply]
    That was somewhere in the other thread, but still I have heard this many times before as well. It was in a quote from the Hungar Master. I believe he used the word "Proficient" though. which to me means being able to use his skills successfully in a fight.
    No, it has very little to do with fighting, you need to understand the generation you are talking about.
    Fighting with a MA is the easy part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    Reply]
    I tend to agree with that. It seems the really good Kung Fu teachers are generally underground, and difficult to find.

[EDIT] Although Both Johnny Tsai and his Father ran/run public schools, so it it not necessarily that way all the time.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 07-03-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    OK. Then how many fighters have you trained?
    Reply]
    That is a project I will be working on next year.