Thread: Shaolin Warriors of Chinatown

Shaolin Warriors of Chinatown

Did anyone see the small "shaolin" group in the TV show America's got Talent last night? I just caught the tail end of it. I have no idea if they made it through

Dallas?

Last edited by Songshan; 07-02-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: broken link

I think that's the L.A. based group. Here's their website and their myspace page. The Shaolin Project reminds me of Shaolin Ulysses. I'm bummed that the Princess Warriors link isn't active yet.

Good find, Songshan. There's a lot of martial arts on America's Got Talent. I guess they count as American now...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Maybe I should retitle this thread. We don't want to confuse L.A.'s Shaolin Warriors of Chinatown with the Shaolin Temple Los Angeles.
    04.10.2010 - 09:13
    studio9 to host photographers Jeromy Robert and Ben Hoffman during Fall Brewery Artwalk to be held in Los Angeles on October 9th & 10th

Press release from: space loft six
    (openPR) - Two photographers will be highlighted during a show hosted by studio9 during the Brewery Artwalk to be held on October 9th and 10th. Curating the show is resident photographer Jeromy Robert, a fine art and commercial photographer, whose client list ranges from celebrities Jackie Collins and Alan Cumming to corporate clients such as Small Luxury Hotels of the World and HGTV.
    Mr. Robert will be exhibiting 10 pieces from a series he shot featuring the Shaolin Warriors of Chinatown, who are a group of Shaolin martial artists from the Henan Province of Chinatown who now live and perform in Southern California. The imagery Robert captured shows the grace, fluidity and strength of the Shaolin Warriors with the majesty of the Thien Hau Temple in Chinatown, Los Angeles, serving as the backdrop. The exhibition prints are 20”x30” and are printed on metallic paper that illuminates the essense of the subject matter in their finest detail.

Mr. Hoffman will be showing 18 pieces from his “project1” series in which he has committed himself to one photo shoot every day, for the entire year 2010. The images displayed will be a selection from his daily inspiration as captured during his photographic journey, most of which has occured in Los Angeles.

About the Brewery Artwalk:
    The Brewery ArtWalk is a semi-annual open studio weekend at the world’s largest art complex with over 100 participating resident artists. Admission and parking are free and offer the opportunity to see new works, meet the artists and purchase artwork at studio prices.

The Fall Artwalk will be held on Saturday, October 9, 2010 and Sunday October 10, 2010 from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm. For more information on the semi-annual Brewery Artwalk, please visit: breweryartwalk.com

About studio9
    studio9 is located within the Brewery Art Lofts at 692 Moulton Ave., Unit A, Los Angeles, CA 90031 and functions as a photography studio and gallery space.

For more information on the artists:
    For more information regarding Jeromy Robert and his work, please visit his website at: jeromyrobert.com/

For more information regarding Ben Hoffman and project1, please visit: project1site.com/

information designers creating luxury brands

space loft six
    692a Moulton Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA 90031
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

There are Shaolin WARRIORS in Chinatown?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Indeed

It looks like their official site is defunct, but the MySpace site above is still live at this posting, and now there's a facebook site.

What's more, there's a sister facebook site: the Princess Warriors.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

the one on the left can touch my qi mei gun any day

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Interesting

Actress Shaoling marries in husband's native village
    By Wayne Harada
    POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Oct 31, 2010

Sherry Shaoling, the island model-actress-fashionista now based in Los Angeles, is back home following what she dubs an "unbelievable excellent adventure" - her marriage to Xiaojun Wang in his native village, Dengfeng, in Henan province, home of the legendary Shaolin temple in remote central China.

"We had a traditional village wedding feast reception there amidst a poor coal-mining town," said Shaoling, who found the raw and rural environs initially stunning but incomprehensible for one accustomed to the glam and glitz of Hollywood, where she has been ensconced the past four years. "The community there received me with love and acceptance despite their spare lives and surroundings - truly something I will not forget."

The newlyweds just opened a Shaolin training center in L.A.'s Chinatown, where Wang, a Shaolin-trained warrior, will conduct classes in kung fu, qi gong and strength and stamina training. Wang is a martial arts notable, thanks to his demo and training work with a group called "The Shaolin Warriors of Chinatown" and his TV and film work in Spike's "The Deadliest Warrior," National Geographic's "Fight Science" and the History Channel's "The Art of War," as well as stunts for "Heroes" and "Kung Fu Panda."
    This needs a pic of Sherry to be complete...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What!!? A wuseng getting married!!?? No way!! Someone call the Shaolin Police!!!
    HaHa..just kidding guys...seriously. Best wishes to the newly weds...although I totally lost count on how many shaolin schools or shaolin masters are there now in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the one on the left can touch my qi mei gun any day
    Why choose just one? I'd go with all four!