Thread: To my Sifu Mark Houghton

To my Sifu Mark Houghton

To Sifu,

I want to say a few words to my Sifu and the reason why I do this in public is I want everybody to know
    who he is...of course many already know but in my opinion not enough.
    I have a long history of martial arts but I never found the right teacher...by accident I found the email addy of Mark Houghton,
    by then I didnt know he is teaching Hung Gar.I only knew he lived in Hongkong and has been in plenty of HK movies.
    Anyway,I mailed him asking for advice where to learn Hung Gar.He replied and said " if u ready to suffer you can come here to HK".
    At that time i was jobless and to be honest not a great future in the pipeline..my goal was to learn Hung Gar and open a school
    in Germany.
    So theres a person in HK who doesnt know me at all and he still offers me to learn from him and he didnt care about money cos I was broke.
    He then went to England for a seminar and 2 days before the seminar Sifu mailed me and invited me come there.
    he said all i need to do is get there about accomodation I dont need to worry..so i bought a bus ticket and drove to England.
    There I met Sifu for the first time,he and Lau Kar Yung gave a seminar at Jim Uglows school..when i ARRIVED THERE ALL THE STUDENTS
    OF jIM SMILED AT ME AND WISHED ME GOOD LUCK..they knew Sifu and how hard his training is..I didnt.
    The week was very hard but I got through it and learned the 8 diagram pole form.
    Now a few months later I went to HK, it was planned that I stay for one year.I lived in Sifus house and trained there almost daily
    for 6-7 hours.I dont wanna go into details but after a few months I left HK and disappointed Sifu.Also I disappointed my Sihings.
    Life is full of secrets and sometimes a person follows his heart..but life is like a circle and you keep walking till the end meet the start.
    A year and some months passed and I kept practising what I learned from Sifu.In the meanwhile Sifu built a new school,this school he built
    with his own hands and I think only my Sihing Wayne Husbands helped him.The school turned out the most uniq school on this planet.
    This school opens its gates for anyone interested to improve his kung fu.As hard Sifu is as big is his heart, he took me back and Im now in my 5th week
    and I learned so much. And I did bai si to him.An he accepted me as a closed door student,I know I can never pay this back.
    But i will make him proud and never make him regret that he accepted me again.
    I grew up without learning what a family is and means..but now for the first time in my life I know how it feels to be part of a family.

I wanna thank my Sifu Mark Houghton publicly !

my words can not express how thankful I am !

Thank you Sifu!

www.laufamilyhunggar.com

that's pretty cool. good luck with everything. Hope you make your sifu proud.
    dazed and confused

Awesome. ^_^

Greetings,

Enjoy the road.

mickey

First meme for this issue

THREADS
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Shaolin sub-forum.
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine & KungFuMagazine.com sub-forum
    To my Sifu Mark Houghton
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Monday meme

THREADS
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Shaolin sub-forum.
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine & KungFuMagazine.com sub-forum
    To my Sifu Mark Houghton
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our SPRING 2019 issue

SPRING 2019

Southern Shaolin Tales
    Master Mark Houghton Is Back Where He Belongs
    By Emilio Alpanseque

Gene Ching