Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man with the Iron Fists

actually no. it's in print

I'm rather shaken that I made that error. I'm not even sure how that happened. I seldom make errors like that.

Catching Up with Cung Le By Gene Ching
    March/April 2011
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

gene gene gene... what are we gonna do now... ya done fukced up the whole program... tsk tsk tsk...

no big deal, man, sh1t gets missed in editting all the time... the world will continue to move foreward... im sure...

so do you gotta do the whole retraction "we regret to inform" thang next time out???

yea, we'll do a correction

Not the first time, for sure. It's one of the pitfalls of print.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

in more news

dont think this story was posted.

Russell Crowe talks about his Iron Fists
    13Share22Email16
    by "Caffeinated" Clint (Sunday, February 6th, 2011 at 10:42 am)

Russell Crowe left for Shanghai last week to commence filming “The Man with the Iron Fists”, a martial-arts actioner directed by and co-starring musician RZA.

Out stumping “The Next Three Days” down under, Crowe told The Herald-Sun that RZA aka Bobby Diggs didn’t have to beg the studio or himself to do his chop-suey flick.

“Bobby’s been a martial arts enthusiast his whole life and Universal has given him a $20 million budget to live out his martial arts fantasy,” Crowe says.

Crowe says the rapper has come to Australia to do various favours, including some for his rugby league team, South Sydney.

“Imagine that the team walks into the studio and RZA from Wu-Tang Clan is there to teach them how to rap,” he says.

“You have to repay the favours in life, you know.

“So when The Man With the Iron Fists came up, I accepted it. It’s an opportunity for me to have fun.”

Over at The Courier Mail, Crowe talks a little about the character he’ll be playing in the film (written by RZA and Eli Roth).

Does he have to get very fit for it?

“No, not at all,” Crowe replies. “I’m not doing the martial arts.”

That may be news to RZA. Interviewed last year about Crowe’s role, he said “Russell’s gonna be the baddest man alive…That man is in fighting shape. That man will knock you out.”

The film, which stars RZA as the title character, a blacksmith who forges weapons for the inhabitants of a village in feudal China when they are forced to defend themselves, has also attracted the likes of ‘Charlies Angel’ Lucy Liu, Daniel Wu and Byron Mann (“Red Corner”).

overdue ttt

I swapped a few emails w/RZA. He mentioned he might have some announcement about this project dropping in the next few weeks - perhaps the release date.
    Roth: Crowe went wild in Iron Fist
    Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Russell Crowe "went wild" in The Man With The Iron Fist, producer Eli Roth has revealed.

The Robin Hood star plays a character called Jacknife in the martial arts film, directed, co-produced and co-written by Wu-Tang Clan's RZA.

"The whole movie wasn't on Crowe's shoulders, so he was free just to step in and go completely insane... he just went wild with it," the Hostel director told The Guardian.

"Basically, it's a kung fu Star Wars movie. You think he is just a stranger passing through town, but in the opening scene, Crowe makes a very big statement with his knife."

Eli previously revealed how contrary to his fiery reputation, Russell is actually a "sweetie pie".

"Nobody believes this but I say Russell Crowe is an absolute sweetie pie," he said.

"He was fantastic, he was great and really funny and really cool. It's like I am outing him as a really sweet and easy-going guy. He was hilarious, and we had such a fun time making the movie."

The Man With The Iron Fist, which also stars Lucy Liu and Pam Grier, is set for release later this year.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i think this movie is gonna start a trend that the matrix and kill bill started a trend i would like to call "martial punk". also lets not the forget the afro samurai live action movie has been greenlit. its gonna be a good next couple of years for kung fu fusion films or "martial punk".

4 hours?

There will probably be a great director's cut version.
    Jamie Chung on RZA's The Man with the Iron Fists
    Source: ComingSoon.net
    November 28, 2011

ComingSoon.net got a chance to talk to Jamie Chung on the set of 7500, Takashi Shimizu's thriller coming next August, and we asked her about starring in RZA's The Man with the Iron Fists.

"The original cut was four hours long and RZA was like, 'Let's turn it into two movies! [Producer] Eli [Roth] was like, 'Eh...'" she said about the project.

She added: "They're really excited and I have complete faith in RZA, he's a genius when it comes to these things and he knows the genre so well. So, it's cut down to an hour and a half. Now he's working on the music. Everyone is stoked but it will have that cool feel like '36th Chamber of Shaolin' or 'Five Deadly Venoms.' It's definitely a delicacy and Russell Crowe is doing some amazing things that you would never see him do in film. It's a fun movie. I think it may come out in August."

Quentin Tarantino also produced the film, which centers on a blacksmith (RZA) in feudal China who makes weapons for a small village. He is put in the position where he must defend himself and his fellow villagers. Lucy Liu and Pam Grier also star.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I am actually getting excited about this movie.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Did I mention we got some exclusive pix?

It's in our next issue - our Jan/Feb 2012 - hits the newsstands next week.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our Jan/FEb 2012 cover story is now online

...with an exclusive pic from this film, courtesy of RZA himself.

Kung Fu Gallant
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

this has a pretty interesting cast line up. im looking forward to seeing this.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

im actually losing interest..we have no set pics, no trailer....the film is wrapped..and post prod. is wrapped according to russel crow sony execs have watched it, and it was favorable...and yet we dont get **** on this....

Greetings,

It appears that RZA has no real control of his product. I remember that he filmed something else that has yet to see the light of day. When he takes himself to the next level, one involving absolute control, it will be something else.

mickey

he does have control over his product are you nuts? he has filmed plenty of projects that he stores away...they've kept this film under heavy wrap. even the editing process..he is the writer, director producer and exec producer on this project..