Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Li Lian Jie (Jet Li)

Wink Li Lian Jie (Jet Li)

Li Lian Jie....

Ok, Im starting a new thread strictly dedicated to Jet Li....His style, moveis, philosophy....anything and EVERYTHING!

I will have regular updates and would LOVE heaps of feedback and whatever you discover thats new...just type it in!

I know... Im obsessed.........

One of the reason's I think he deserves this effort is because he is a great martial artist on and off screen......

His next movie "The One" comes out in cinema's in Australia on January 10th. To find out when its showing in other countries, just go to www.netasia.net/users/sgc_wdi/news.htm

Yes, well, this is only an introduction, but I will def. bring in heaps of topics.

It will be greatly appreciated if you contribute to this thread...and if not...thanks anyway. Remember theres lots to talk about...wushu, philosophy, religion, movies, anything and everything as long as at some point it is associated with Li Lian.

Thanks so much and hope you enjoy all future posts.

Tae Li.
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

I firmly believe the one could have been the pinnacle of all martial arts movies. The idea was great, it had the special effects to back it up, in the right hands it could have been a great classic. but as ever with many of jet's films it was very badly executed. only 1 hr and 10 mins long, jason statham put on a godawful accent, the fight scenes were too few and far between and there's no way ba gua shouldda beaten xingyi....

However the few fight scenes that were present blew me away, especially the first one. jeez they were good...

there's no way ba gua shouldda beaten xingyi.... ? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

I met jet li here in Sydney, back in 1986

had his autograph and lost it.
    had a video of him visiting our club...think i've lost that too.

I'd forget my own head if it wasn't screwed o...
    AW CRAP!!!
    any body seen my head...big round thing, looks kinda like a cabbage with eyes?!
    __________________________________________________ __________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Top five Jet Li flicks

Here's my favorite five Jet Li movies, for some unknown reason
    5 Swordsman 2
    4 Shaolin Temple
    3 Tai Chi Master
    2 Kung Fu Cult Master
    1 Once upon a time in china 2

Thats my little list anyway
    anyone else got any favorites?
    The headbutting fight in Tai Chi master and the Dragon claw vs Solar fight in Kung Fu cult master are two of my favorite fight scences ever.

Oh and Fish your head is behind the fridge... again! This happened last time im not telling you again...
    Last edited by jon; 12-31-2001 at 09:56 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Fist of Legend rules.
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

Firstly, its GREAT that there are responses!

I agree Fist Of legend rules!!!

NafAnal.....'The One' hasnt come out in Australia yet, but now Im dissapointed that its only an hour and ten minutes long! Thats NOT long enough!!!!!! From the previews that I saw its quite similar to the effects portrayed in The Matrix...Jet thinks the best fight scene is at the very end..I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Fish of Fury , I AM JEALOUS!! SO JEALOUS! you got to meet him? wow! Thats a dream come true for me...except when I do meet him there is a 100%chance I will propose then and there...heheh, his wife wont be too happy!

Jon! Buddy! Glad to see you posted! My fav Jet movies? ummm, abit hard, considering I love them all, but i think that Fist Of legend tops the lot, and Body guard from Beijing, Hitman and Kiss of the Dragon. His filming "Hero" in China at the moment and looks at the Chinese concept o a hero...is it that different to the general concept??

Anyway, heres some advise from jet himself, "when you learn something always use the heart"....I get it and I dont know? Anyone wanna help elaborate?

Tae Li

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

By the way, I dont know if you read it, but theres the whole explanation on Bagua and Xingyi in the latest edition of the Kung fu Qi gong mag.....I understood it better Jet explains it on his website, so check it out anyway, and if you know anything about Bagua and xingyi, please feel free to incluse your imput.

Its got to do with internal power doesnt it?

-Tae Li.

5 Swordsman 2
    Beware of the Swordman trilogy, it a trap it sucks you in and warps your mind. Hence......
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Xingyi shouldda won out

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents, but my qigong teacher yen chu feng is jet li's kung fu sister they shared the same teacher for years however jet li is much younger than her, she has some pictures and video of him performing at their school .....he moves well, and has good focus she says
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net

yes but can he actually fight?

Of course he can fight!

Gimme a break, give the man credit! can you fight????

Anyway, I got a new pic under my name, its from "The One", doesnt he look great in it? hehe, ok, so you need x-ray vision to really see it.....

By the way, did you know that he's working on a project with Jacki Chan this year?? should be interesting considering they have different tastes in the genres of their action films, Chan is more humour, while Li is strictly action, possibly drama.....

Earth Dragon...your qigong teacher has photos (real photos?) of Li Lian? your joking? ok, how much do you want??????????

Heres some advise I read from one of his fanmail....this is exactly what he wrote..

"As one grows older, one comes to truley understand how hatred and anger can eat away at ones energy. It is destructive, not only to others, but to oneself. To love, to be able to focus on the positive and steer away from ill will, no matter how tempting and justifiable it may seem at times, is far more rewarding, and far healthier for both the body and mind.

If one takes a closer look at all the worlds religions, do they not espouse the same thing? Once you take away the trappings, the distorting factors arising from politics and so forth- each religion preaches the concept of big love and of using non violence over violence". Li Lian Jie.

He is so intelligent, if you want to read more, go to his website, at www.jetli.com

Please feel free to tell us what you think about his advise..my opinion is it makes alot of sense, and carries much truth beind it. I mean its actually common sense.

Tae Li

-Tae Li.

Tae Li

Yes many but they are not for sale, not becuse they may be worth something but becuse thier hers from china. Although She admitts that he moves well her skill level is much higher than that of jets , remember he was a little kid when she was 20 she also said that his skill lies in WUSHU not tradtional kung fu so thier are many people in china that are better fighters but they do not move with the grace and fluidity that he has thus making him more eye appleaing to the general public, and to the screen but please lets not think like the narrow minded people of the 70's that thought that bruce lee was the best matial artist of all time!!!??????? we dont need to go into that agin. But idf you like jet li so much you must go out and by "dragons of the orient". it is a documentary that was made a while ago but it shows his entire career from 10 years old to present and has soem incrediable wushu stars in it was well
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Hey Earth Dragon, can you ask Yen Chu Feng if she knew An Tian Rong?