Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dale Dugas - Iron Body

Dale is one of the most approchable people on this forum, his contact info is there for all to see and anyone willing to go to him and test him in any way, he is up for it.
    Notice I didn't say fight.
    The fact that other people are willing to criticize but NOT willing to test speaks volumes.
    Critique all you want, free country, just don't understand those that critique but are not willing to find out of their critique has any merit.
    Don't believe his Iron Vest?
    go to him and find out, same for IP and what not.
    MA is a hands on experience and the only way to find out is th get your hands on.
    Its not that complicated at all.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ronin, I don't think my first post in this topic in any way attacked Mr Dugas. Was it critical? Yes, but it did not deserve the short novel he wrote in attack to me. This is what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by JJMantis View Post
    Sorry to bump... After reading the thread about concrete, I searched for Shifu Dale Dugas / Iron Body to find out if the user Uki had bad mouthed him here. I didn't see it in this thread, maybe it happened somewhere else.
    This just states why I am resurrecting an older thread, and that I am interested in learning more about the Mr Dugas / Uki rivalry.

What I did see was Mr Dugas publicly posting a private message from another user. I am sure you are going to call me a "mouth boxer" next, but WTF right do you have posting a respectful and private message on a private forum? I just don't get it.
    Here I am obviously upset that a private and respectful message was posted publicly. You can see I was upset and used some abbreviated language here, for that I apologize. However there is no need whatsoever for posting private, respectful emails in a public forum.

I don't know what video this thread was based on, might we discuss this one? It may be the same I don't know, I searched on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwBmA8r9v40

OK, between Mr Dugas being a very big guy and the people "hitting" him being polite, I don't see this as a definite display of iron body. Especially since you admit to being bruised by what looks like medium power kicks by guys a lot smaller than you, I think this myth is busted.
    And this is just an honest critique, I don't see anything wrong with this.

I don't want this thread to be a place for public argument, and this is just not my style. I like this forum and enjoy discussions, even discussions where two sides may disagree. But challenging me to a hands on contest because I didn't like his video is just uncalled for.

If I am way out to lunch just let me know. Again to Mr Dugas, I want to see a peaceful way out of this. I also may take you up on the seminar in 09 if I am in the area.

Ronin, I don't think my first post in this topic in any way attacked Mr Dugas. Was it critical? Yes, but it did not deserve the short novel he wrote in attack to me. This is what I said:

This just states why I am resurrecting an older thread, and that I am interested in learning more about the Mr Dugas / Uki rivalry.

Here I am obviously upset that a private and respectful message was posted publicly. You can see I was upset and used some abbreviated language here, for that I apologize. However there is no need whatsoever for posting private, respectful emails in a public forum.

And this is just an honest critique, I don't see anything wrong with this.

I don't want this thread to be a place for public argument, and this is just not my style. I like this forum and enjoy discussions, even discussions where two sides may disagree. But challenging me to a hands on contest because I didn't like his video is just uncalled for.

If I am way out to lunch just let me know. Again to Mr Dugas, I want to see a peaceful way out of this. I also may take you up on the seminar in 09 if I am in the area.
    My point is very simple, you wanna find out, find out for yourself.
    You said "the myth is busted", well then...

Dale would be very open to allowing you to test him in a friendly manner, he has an open invite to anyone.
    Dale is simply a "proof is in the pudding" kind of guy, perhaps he has been around too much and been exposed to too many "mouthboxers" and is overly jaded in that regard, but considering this is the internet and it chalk full of "key board warrior", most tend to take someone's lack of desire to see for themselves as a sign.

See, here is my beef with Dale.

I don't question that he appears to know his ****...

I just think he acts like a d!ck at times.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    See, here is my beef with Dale.

I don't question that he appears to know his ****...

I just think he acts like a d!ck at times.
    Dude, the man is bald, wears a Kilt AND does Bagua !
    WTF do you expect ?!?!?

I know. I just chose to exercise my perogative to tell people when they act like jerks. Kilt or no kilt.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

That's it, you've all got to put up or shut up now...

Hey, I'll cross hands with anyone who will pay to bus my ass down to wherever they are. Or anyone who comes to visit. I'm one broke-ass guy at the moment.
    Simon McNeil

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    so..is there an "iron kilt technique?"
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "Hey, you wearin a golden bell under that?"
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

cjurakpt Guest
    what is it with guys on KFMF named Dale being crabby? seems like they've got some kind of....

CHIP

...on their shoulders...

(let the groans commence)

Kilts...golden balls...crabs...chips...

I don't know what to make of this thread anymore...

My only beef with Dale...

...aside from him being so friggin' huge that he probably doesn't need martial arts to defend himself, is his fixation on lineage and identity. When confronted here on the forum, he always asks (or perhaps 'demands' is a better term) who the master is of the troll. Who cares about that? The forum, by it's very nature, is a masquerade. Some of us, like Dale and I, go nekkid, which is to say we don't use forum handles. We use our real names. But at a masquerade, going nekkid is an option explored by the daring, but not required of everyone. It's my choice to go nekkid. Demanding that someone unmask at a masquerade defeats the fun of it. For that matter, I've never been too fixed to lineage. I've seen great masters produce lame students and vice versa. I've seen great fighters arise with no background. I do think lineage is interesting, but it's not a point of contention. If someone calls me on my stuff, let them. They do all the time. I don't really care. Hell, I get a good barometer of what the wulin thinks of my work just by looking at magazine sales (and that's always humbling ). Fortunately, I hold the ultimate ace card there. If sales dip too low, I can commit seppuku and this forum says 'goodnite'.

The other beef I have with Dale is the kilt thing, but that's just my fashion sense.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Actually it's interesting the number of people who do publicly provide information on their RL identity on this forum. Greater disclosure than you get on many places in the internet.
    Simon McNeil

Having some unknown person make critical comments on anything to do with personal performance is always going to be asked who they are, where do they live and what and with who they train.

I am very old school and do not take kindly to internet unknowns make assanine comments about myself nor my teacher. Call me old fashioned....

As ronin pointed out Im a very open individual and have an open invite( some call it an open challenge...) to any and all who want to come try me out and then decide after seeing me personally take your power and smile at you or break slabs that you check to see are not doctored in any way.

JJmantis, you resurrected a thread and made comments. What do you think Im going to do? Im going to ask you who are you? etc. I want to know who is this person who is commenting on me, and what I can do as I have no idea who they are or their background.

Do you train Wah Lum Tan Tui Tong Long Pai? Taiji Meihua Tong Long Pai? Saying mantis is like saying you train kung fu. It pretty much means nothing. can you see my por( Point of Reference) asking these kinds of questions?

In reference to posting pms, I explained before that this unknown troll clown had started spouting off and I called him on somethings and he used that old "I know your teacher excuse, and you should step off" the public forum as he was wimping out of a situation via pm. The smoke blower never gave his name nor his relationship with my teacher. Unknown idiots will be treated as such and will not be treated with any respect as they show themselves to be cowards who hide.

You have a problem with that, then so be it. I cannot stomach cowards and mouthboxers who post and post and never id themselves nor their teachers and schools. That shows either they are full of it and are not representing themselves truthfully or they are hiding something.

I treat people according to their own needs, and sometimes they need a kick in the arse or a slap in the face to bring them back to reality.

Again not seeing these people nor having any info about them creates a problem and I call them out. Once known I really have no problem with real people who train and have made many friends that way.

My invitation is again offered to you, and anyone else who is curious to see what I can do.

Im always up to meet other martial artists and experience their material.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.