Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combat Shuai Chiao

Combat Shuai Chiao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5orlabCFE

Enjoy

" Video footage shot in Tawain from 1990-2008. Instructional demonstrations done by Grandmaster Gene Chicoine and his students from the Ho Chun School of Chinese Martial Arts in Akron Ohio. Footage was shot in various places including Political Warfare College in Taipei, Taipei Police University, Tainan, Kaishung and Ping Tung. Person Demonstrating in this video is Shawn Slonsky."
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Its very rare to see any demos of the Ho Chun, one wonders why because its quite a very good demo.

Man I think SC is cool. Love the strikes flowing right into the throws- just seems ideal to me. Good clip!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Man I think SC is cool. Love the strikes flowing right into the throws- just seems ideal to me. Good clip!
    It si a demo, still, one of the better SC ones, at lest it shows the more of the system than just the throws.

Good Shuai Jiao (which sadly is increasingly hard to find and was never that common!) is what TCMA is supposed to be, ie striking and grappling together and practiced with resistance.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Good Shuai Jiao (which sadly is increasingly hard to find and was never that common!) is what TCMA is supposed to be, ie striking and grappling together and practiced with resistance.....
    Indeed, one wonders what the future will hold for SC....

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Indeed, one wonders what the future will hold for SC....
    With people like the REAL David Lin, there will always be some small group doing Shuai Jiao and developing it (they train like MMA people and cross train! Don't tell the trolls)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Enjoy

" Video footage shot in Tawain from 1990-2008. Instructional demonstrations done by Grandmaster Gene Chicoine and his students from the Ho Chun School of Chinese Martial Arts in Akron Ohio. Footage was shot in various places including Political Warfare College in Taipei, Taipei Police University, Tainan, Kaishung and Ping Tung. Person Demonstrating in this video is Shawn Slonsky."

That was pretty good!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

reversal

Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Very nice and just the tip of the iceberg.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I think Shawn was the coach at the Great Lakes tourney in April...two of his guys and two of my guys competed against each other. good fighters.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Enjoy

ok stupid question..
    so whats the big difference between Judo and Shuai Chiao?
    does SC have any ground work like pins or anything?
    I'm sure the grips are different.. but what about the actual throws..

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    I think Shawn was the coach at the Great Lakes tourney in April...two of his guys and two of my guys competed against each other. good fighters.
    I belive you are correct

Clean and solid; kudos!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Akronviper View Post
    I belive you are correct
    lol, good...been wrong a lot lately
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"