Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am new as of

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Well if I know "A thing" you could say I might be odd, but if i know "TWO things", I could be even! So make up your mind then...am I odd or even?? Or both? Or neither? Or all at the same time? Or each at its own time? If I were two odds that makes an even, but if I were an odd and then an even or an even and then an odd I would be odd. On the other hand if I were three odds I would still be odd.......

Pant, pant, pant......all this math talk is confusing me and tiring me out!!

I need a nap now! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    in case you were wondering, yes, it is possible to simultaneously snort coffee out of your nose and wet your pants from laughing...

For you I predict SEVERE thunderstorms!!!
    I thought I felt a drop (or was it two...?)

cjurakpt Guest
    This would depend upon one's purpose for meditating. Not everyone meditates according to the principles of Zen. For some it is mental exercise designed to attain understanding, or peace of mind, or supernatural experiences, etc. We even had a guy on here a few years ago that practiced for the purpose of life extension/immortality. Each will measure their success or failure according to their original purpose.

To say there is no ultimate purpose other than the practice itself only applies to a specific context and is in itself a form of measure as well.
    in a way, it's like anything - there is the "suchness" of meditation, that state of awareness being what it is; then there is the practice of meditation, which approaches this state to varying degrees; then there are my boxers, which have been sitting in the laundry basket for so long that they can stand up by themselves

BTW, I guess that the guy doing the immortal practice will be the only one left to find out if he's right...

I meditate generally to feel better when I'm really stressed out in school. If the person was correct in saying that it means there is an imbalance afoot, then I can understand why I saw more blue and green like crazy in that time period. There were mood swings and mental conflicts everywhere. If that's so, pleased to say that the colors have diminished to a faint cloud while I meditate.

PS: immortality is so over-rated. Everyone knows that being not mortal doesn't mean you won't die. It means you won't live like a mortal, so something in this guy's logic may be messed up. I for one wouldn't mind living an extra hundred years in good health, but forever? No, that's too long for me. I'd probably go senile from boredom.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09