Thread: Cage Rage 27

Cage Rage 27

Light weight War

Kung Fu Academy has been working hard for the last month preparing, Jody Cottham for his debut fight at Wembly Arena for Europes biggest cage Fighting event Cage Rage27.

Jody is a veteran of Cage Rage Contenders and has had a rollercoaster of a career, and so as such has come to the Kung Fu Acadmey to build new skills for his Professional MMA career. now he has the opportunity to prove that he belongs on the biggest stage, with to step up at Cage rage 27.

Jody will be fighting, Umidjon who has worked his way up by fighting at Contenders, Umidjon Mavlyanov had an impressive win recently at Contenders where he showed almost animal aggression in the speed and ferocity of his strikes.
    I expect Jody to come into this fight throwing some serious leather until somebody gets knocked out. Jody's skill sets have improved no end and he is working hard to better his game,

so every one at the Kung Fu acdemy wishes Jody the best of luck.

www.cagerage.tv
    Foshan Wing Chun www.kungfu-academy.com
    Non Political Discussion: http://forum.pagoda-imports.co.uk/

is wing chun something that has been added to his repertoire recently, or has it always been his style?

i fear wing chun can get a bad reputation due to the restrictions of a 'no-holds-barred' match, although the reputation of wing chun does not bother me in the slightest! i know that it is an effective art and couldnt care less what others say!

also though, as has been previously mentioned on this forum, should he win convincingly and keep on winning then we may see a big uptake in people taking up our beloved art

please keep us posted on how he does

regards

david

hi david

well Jody won so thats good news

no wing chun was not in his repotoire but he will be using elements of wc and tc.

people misunderstand the concept of wing chun and when they see a cage fighter not just doing a chain punch they say 'thats not kung fu/wing chun' when in fact his footwork or body structure may be using a traditional stance/posture. If you understand the mechanics they can be applied to any environment, of course its easy for us to type this stuff, practasing is another matter!

Personally if he continues to train with my sifu and applies the technqiues combined with his bjj and other skills he should carry on to be a great fighter.

peace
    Foshan Wing Chun www.kungfu-academy.com
    Non Political Discussion: http://forum.pagoda-imports.co.uk/