Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sparring Equipment

I’ve done business with Pakistani companies for a long time. They are usually very efficient and very reliable. Most of the MA gear manufacturers are in Selkot (sp?) Pakistan, and international business is what they depend on. Im sure if you contact the Pakistani government they could help you out.

I once had a very bad experience with a very reliable Thailand based manufacturer. I guess its just what it is. You win some and u lose some.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Drake,
    The gear in Pakistan are very well priced. Even for people who live in countries who doesn’t earn in dollar. The quality of those gear are also really good.

Not every thing is always about terrorism or communism. Geepers!! Can you say American paranoia?
    得 心 應 手

Communism is ok now. Keep up with American villainism!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Q: what's green and smells like pork?

A: kermit's finger.

there's some muppet pron for you guys.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Communism is ok now. Keep up with American villainism!
    得 心 應 手

I deal with one Pakistan company for some of my equipment, like anyting, there is good and bad. Pakistan equipment is usually cheaper, but lower quality.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Ask around...

Maybe someone around here knows of a place where you can buy martial arts equipment online.

...not even gonna link to it....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I appreciate your input.

Not everyone in the middle east is affiliated with terrorism.
    A large amount of the goods you purchase at retail prices on the internet are made in Pakistan and other countries.
    The type of sparring equipment at martialartmart.com is not what we were looking for. We needed something more along the lines found here. The equipment at Tango Sports Tango Sports was comparable and considerably cheaper and was going to have our logo printed on it
    Perhaps we were naive, but in that we were able to expose someone that is doing bad business, hopefully saving you the same troubles. Live and learn.
    On another note, this campaign seems to have caught someones attention in their organization. We will have to see what transpires.

Thanks again for your interest.

Chris

Chris-

you will get what you pay for and you can expect a certain degree of cost cutting to come from manufacturers in developing nations such as Pakistan.

while tere are some very good quality producres there, there are also hordes of producers who will sell you crap or outright rip you off and you have no recourse.

besides, with all the economic woes these days, buy from manufacturers in your own country when you can, pay the premium and get the quality and assurance of warranty that you should have.

or at least deal with local retailers/wholesalers who have accountability.

direct to source with a foreign market is always risky and companies that actually succeed at it do so because they have a physical presence at the manufacturer ensuring that the order is assembled , packed and shipped properly. Or they thoroughly and exhaustively research the company they are about to deal with and put in place rigorous and vigorous contractual standards.

good luck and next time, check out: http://www.boes.ca for pro-quality sparring gear.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Im moving to china is a month's time, and oneof my plans are to start exporting some of the chinese gears such as Dhen dao and 9 suns mountains to my country (RSA) and posibly even other places.

Chinese quality isnt all that good, but not bad for schools either.

But buy from Thailand isnt that expensive either.
    得 心 應 手