Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddha Maitreya to be borned soon

prana Guest

Buddha Maitreya to be borned soon

Buddha Maitreya, the Buddha of all encompassing wisdom has been prophesized by the Buddhist calender to be borned fairly soon.

Apparently, a similar Prophecy also "dances" in the bible...from the old testament
    "Prophetically, the child Isaac, which means 'Laughter,' is being released in nation after nation as the new wine is being passed"

I do not know much about the bible, so you Christians out there can help me out. The Buddhist prophecies of Maitreya is one of happiness and love, and infinite compassion.

He is to borned approximately 2500 years after Shakyamuni Buddha's enlightenment.

It has also been said that a 100 years before his birth, will be great suffering and war. He, Buddha Maitreya shall lead the world to change its ways. There shall be much famine just before, and the life expectancy is about 10-15. Food is in shortage and artificial food is manufactured.

A new era of peace shall be borned following Maitreya's birth. I look forward to his birth.

The same reason Naropa emphasised his lineage should be kept as only an oral transmission for 13 centuries before being openly taught.

Any1 want to add to this ? There is plenty more to discuss... such as the Aquarius, the Mayan 22-12-2012, and the Egyption pyramids end of era.

[This message was edited by prana on 09-17-01 at 05:17 PM.]

Nutt'nhunny Guest
    oh so now the great fear is creating messiahs.

kungfu cowboy Guest
    I just love a good fairy tale!

prana Guest
    I know the things I believe in are very far out and probably ludricrous for most people. If there was a topic on the biggest weirdo here, I have no doubts I shall be voted.

"Either your two side channels are open, and your central channel closed, or
    your central channel open, and your two side channels closed.
    These are the only alternatives..."

Lama Yeshe quoting Lama Tsongkhapa

Martial Joe Guest
    and how do you know this is true?

IXIJoe KaveyIXI
    I am Sharky's main man...

prana Guest
    The prophecy of Maitreya is has been a followed tradition for, well 2500 years. Statues of Maitreya are erected all over Buddhist temples.
    One of such, the tallest Buddhist statue ever "The Maitreya Project" currently being erected in India, funded by Buddhists all over the world to commemorate (?) his birth.

joedoe Guest

Martial Joe

How do you know anything is true?

It is simply a belief - a Buddhist belief. No more or less valid than any other belief.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Grappling-Insanity Guest
    Its wierd how religions kinda work together. Now i'm no religious freak, but I think i know a lil bit.

>>It has also been said that a 100 years before his birth, will be great suffering and war.<<

Does this not sound like revalations???? and like I said i'm not a religous Know it all, but doesnt Jesus come back at the end of revalations???

joedoe Guest
    Religions are often very similar, particularly Christianity and Buddhism. So much so that even the Catholic Church has recognised that they are "the same but different".

Religions often borrow concepts from each other and incorporate them into their own framework. Concepts get dropped too. If you look back in Christianity's history, there are a lot of concepts there that look very much like Buddhism and Taoism, but they were progressively dropped.

BTW Revelations supposedly a rip-off from the Zoarastrian vision of the end days.

Nexus Guest
    prana. You are the buddha, who are you kidding? You are waiting only for yourself, and unless you reach into yourself for such wisdom, you will not recognize it when it stands before you.

One buddha knows another at a glance.

If he who leads with compassion is you, then you will change the world with just a smile.

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>

prana Guest
    I do not know much about Christianity at this depth, but one thing is for sure, when I use the word Buddha, I use it in its true meaning, to mean the enlightened one. I do not imply he has to be a "Buddhist" sitting in meditation. He is the one who will bring peace to the world in the form of great loving kindness and leadership in that respect.

I think in that sense, he could be, in the eyes of Christians, the return of Christ

joedoe Guest

Nexus

Everyone has the chance to be a Buddha, but not everyone will reach Buddhahood. :)

Everyone needs something to hope for and a leader to inspire them. I guess to many Buddhists that is what Maitreya represents.

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Interesting thread.

I shall watch the world closely, prana.

soy Guest
    Seems appropriate. I could definetly see ways changing for the better.

fiercest tiger Guest

i hope its true!

prana- buddha bless you and everyone on earth! you are a kind person, i like that! :)

i was told the burning bush story in the bible was taken from buddhist stories can you clarify that?

peace

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com