Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe mistakes apes for humans-WTF

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    frankly, I don't understand why we don't use humans who are convicted felons of extreme violent crimes for lab rats. Let them pay a debt to society. What debt are they paying by living off our taxes?

"Oh, but that's inhumane"

yeah, so a guy who rapes and dismembers little girls should be spared, but we can take innocent animals. I say these people should be lab rats, and harvested for organ donation and stem cell research, cancer research, etc.
    We can reopen Auschwitz and reverse the Earth's negative karmic energy....

..**** meds fading again..... and I was just peaking awhile ago
    Hiel Hitler!!! The Natzis thought the same way and saved that sort of thing for the very worst offeders... anyone they elt might be Jewish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    What are you talking about? Try and stick to the topic at hand
    The topic at hand is "should we allow animals certain right usually reguarded as human."

You stated:
    Saying an ape deserves human rights is a mockery to those who have fought and sacrificed so much to introduce and keep liberty as an important foundation for human society.
    The problem with that is the vast majority of humans don't fight or sacrifice anything for thier freedoms. And the vast majority don't even have most of what we Americans call inalieable rights. We stick our noses into a lot of other countries' affairs because we feel strongly that everyone should have the right to life without the fear of being murdered for what you look like or beleive.... so long as you look just like us... That is hipocracy. Apes have the same right to live withoutbeing enslaved, tortured, maimed, ect.

This doesn't meen zoos are bad, but medical testing without consent? Knockingout teath so they don't cause as much damage when they try to defend themselves? Yes, I think they have the right to all of that, simply because we fight for those who looklike us to have those rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

US mistakes ape for human - WTF?

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    there is a huuuuuge difference between Charles Manson, and Gold Meir.
    Being a Jew, with relatives who were lost in the holocaust, I think I might be able to relate to this. I was talking specifically about mass murderers, people who rape and dismember, or otherwise sadistically murder and torture the innocent, and Aryans, and hippy vegan liberal democrats. Get it together.

oh yeah, and Falun Gong drones.
    -But they can be made into Soylant Green
    (not much eatin on their bones, Fat, overstuffed Right-wing Republicans would probably taste better, Ya gotta go for the marbled cuts. They cook up jucier and more tender.)
    Last edited by TenTigers; 07-19-2008 at 07:18 AM.

I once had a PETA activist over for dinner. I served her with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

I once had a PETA activist over for dinner. I served her with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
    i knew that would come at some point
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Pffftph!

I expected a typical response from a few on this board. A crowd that absurdly cheers about human rights for apes but does not care that society kills millions of humans every day.
    I care. I've opposed all the silly wars of W. Bush since the beginning. And the violations in China...and Iran...and Iraq...and anywhere they occur. Show me where this "crowd" doesn't care about humans dying. Maybe the neo-con wackos who invade countries like it's going out of style and sacrifice the lives of so many don't give a ****, but not regular people.
    A unique snowflake

Universal sufferage for universal roughage! Who's with me comrades?

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    why is that bad?

why should we cage them up?

i know plenty of brain dead people that have more rights than most animals

i dont understand what your problem is with it ?

if i had my way all sentient beings would have the right to a life free from human interference and torture

but lets not turn this into a vegetarian thing

why are you against chimps and apes having more rights?

Ditto......
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    i knew that would come at some point
    it's all about the set-up.

it's all about the set-up.
    ahhh its always fun

ive never been a big fan of PETA anyway

Heads up!

Lettuce pray for TRUE justice, not these meager half-steps!

Apes have the same right to live withoutbeing enslaved, tortured, maimed, ect.
    No they don't.

It really is that simple. They are not human so those rights would not apply.

Laws of protection granted out by government agencies of course can but be applied but that is about it. There is a real discontinuity between humans, who have been granted the stewardship of the earth, and animals, because of our capability of moral judgments.

Human rationality and morality derive from our existence as social beings from our membership of humanity as a collective, something obviously denied to apes and other animals.

If you want to get spiritual some would say this gift of rationality and morality is handed down as part of a plan. Either way you cut it we are different and certain layouts will just not fly when you compare the two, humans and apes.

No they don't.
    umm dude yeah they do.

if you think that something by virtue of its birth deserves to be treated badly then you are messed up

doesnt surprise me to bhe honest