Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu's place

It is good to see the next generation of practitioners asking themselves the validity of CMA; at one point we all should ask ourselves does our particular style or knowledge is valid?

At which point we should look for the best venue that suits our needs to judge or exam of our knowledge/skill. (As we all know this will vary from person to person.)

Exactly Eddie! We need put up or shut up. I'm sorry but fighting with kung fu is not kick boxing or Chinese kick boxing.

It's so silly to judge if one style is better than other. Gung Fu, CMA, Karate, MMA.... doesn't matter title, all can be the same. you fight a person and his own training, not a title or name. Gung Fu/CMA has evolved, the funny thing is that some people don't realize it because names, titles, and uniforms have changed/evolved.

martial arts is all the same, the problem is that natural human prejudice causes some people to think that they have or do something better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Exactly Eddie! We need put up or shut up. I'm sorry but fighting with kung fu is not kick boxing or Chinese kick boxing.
    what is it then?

Quote Originally Posted by yaoli View Post
    It's so silly to judge if one style is better than other. Gung Fu, CMA, Karate, MMA.... doesn't matter title, all can be the same. you fight a person and his own training, not a title or name. Gung Fu/CMA has evolved, the funny thing is that some people don't realize it because names, titles, and uniforms have changed/evolved.

martial arts is all the same, the problem is that natural human prejudice causes some people to think that they have or do something better than others.
    Good Post!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    oops. my brother just told me that only overseas chinese may attend.
    Chinese racism, just another reason CMA has not evolved
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4o7x...eature=related

Wang and Yang both were san da king winners in Taiwan.

talked about their wins in K-1 fights over players from australia and thailand.

They both are also good with western boxing and had a lot of injuries over the years. and they are both old and won against younger players.

For people that are interested, this was from a recent event of K-1 in taiwan.

Wang was like 33 years old and his opponent was still in teen.

So he used fast western boxing and KO his opponent in the first round. He said that the opponent was good with MT and good kicking and young. So he wanted to get close fast and punch as fast and as hard as he can. So Wang did not have to deal with kicks and dragging on the fights for more rounds. Wang was affraid that he did have the endurance to last for more rounds.

--

My point was that a fight is a fight no matter in what format, san da, tkd, mma, k-1, ufc,

a fight is a fight no matter what you use, boxing, mt, bjj, judo, shuai jiao, kung fu,

--

oh, by the way, I am a supporter of "arts of war fighting championship" (or MMA in China).

--

back to regular programs.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Chinese racism, just another reason CMA has not evolved
    I do not really know what the comp is about.

But it will be held as more of a cultural thing.

And the sponsoring group is related to epoch time and fa lun gung.

http://martialarts.ntdtv.com/en/

Last edited by SPJ; 07-20-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rd's alias - 1a View Post
    go to china and step into a san shou ring. We will let them know about your thread ahead of time.
    mmmmmmmmainstream rd!

kungfu or rather, chinese influenced martial arts are under going the same metomorphasis that is taking shape across the entirety of martial arts.

What you are saying about cma is similar im sure to what many practitioners other various tma's are saying all around the world.

with the rise of mma over the last several decades, and the utilization of mass communication within the martial arts world, many people are being forced to open their eyes to aspects that their previous studies may have not introduced to them.

this is not to say that all (to stay on topic) cma teachers/practitioners are so far removed from reality that their methods and techniques are useless, rather that as a whole, these people must find where they fit into the over all picture.

the truth about martial arts is and always has been very simple;

you take what there is, you find out what works through testing it, then you practice and keep on testing. this process nevers ends, and there are no limitations. you will always find out something new.

the problem with cma isnt the material, nor the training methods. Plenty of people are on the right track using cma in their games. the problem with cma is with people. with cma having such a long history and cultural fusing, there are just too many aspects.

for instance there is the straight forward combat of cma. this is not stylistic per se, yet at the same time it is. I would place this more onto the school rather than the style. Some schools from the same styles across the globe will NOT be on the same page.

there is the health/spiritual aspect. many people will begin and die in their ma careers seeking only health or spiritual development.

there is the cooky mystic side of cma. (not to be confused with chinese sciences. such as acupuncture, meditation, qi gong etc. these would fall in the spiritual and health section. I refer to the no touch ko's and the like) a lot of people are retarded. they have mis guided ideas and beliefs that are drawn from a multitude of places. essentially they take what is pure, warp and twist it to suit them.

then there is the contemporary wushu.

With all these aspects of CMA, and all being categorized under that lable 'KUNG FU' there is a problem being able to find what some call 'the real kungfu' if you get my meaning.

NOW, the thing with kungfu and mma. the way mma is going to utilize kungfu in its arena, GENERALLY, isnt going to be by having an influx of 'kungfu' purists competing across the globe. no, the involvement will be in men who KNOW cma and draw from ASPECTS of cma in mma training.

cma can stand on its own, in its own realm. in the mma world cma must be added to the collective that is mma. not try to forge its own path.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yaoli

Good Post!

thanks!!!

I do not really know what the comp is about.

But it will be held as more of a cultural thing.

And the sponsoring group is related to epoch time and fa lun gung.

http://martialarts.ntdtv.com/en/

ah, so DEFINITELY RACISM !!!!

You do know that Fa Lun Gong preaches racism as it's basic tenent? Chinese go to the "best heaven" and black people do not go to heaven at all Anyone who "inter marries" goes to hell.

Anyone who would go to an event sponsored by Fa Lun Gong is stupid
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

How do I get to Chinese food heaven? Mmm, hungry.
    "Don't think,
    just train"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    on Long Island, you need to go to Fortune Wheel. There's another place in Bethpage, called Orient, but the waiter scares me.
    Some like East Buffet-it's not one of those cheezy buffets. They have sushi, sashimi,with good cuts of yellowtail-if ya tip them(they keep it under the counter) and a carving station with Peking Duck, and leg of lamb, and on Saturdays, they put a whole lobster at every table.
    LamaPaiSifu's school is right across the street from Minado (not Manudo) which is a huge Japanese all you can eat. (the desserts suck, though-but the flan is ok.
    flan in a Japanese Restaurant? Maybe it is Manudo!)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Of course, like always, jokes are made and issue is dodged.
    1. If kung fu people enter MMA events, --

the most likely place would be MMA in China. so I encourage CMA schools in China to send their students to art of war FC.

2. If MMA people enter Kung fu events, --

so I encourage MMA people in the US to enter san shou, kuo shu lei tai events.

your concerns are fully addressed.

sometimes we have to read other's posts carefully, or think about them more, or meanings beyond the obvious.

I spoiled the fun.

---