Thread: Kung Fu steped up at Wembley Arena, London at Cage Rage 27

Kung Fu steped up at Wembley Arena, London at Cage Rage 27

Hi,

I have some good news for the Kung Fu community, and so I though I would share it. here is a small write up, if you want to see some photos then please visit http://www.kungfu-academy.com/page.asp?pid=75
    Jody was due to fight again in a few weeks but as he broke his hand he will be out for at least 6 weeks.

Enjoy

Mark

Team KFA steped up and won at Wembley Arena at Cage Rage 27

Team KFA Fighter "Jody Cottham" won in Cage Rage 27 in a lightweight War with Umidjon Mavlyanov. Jody won via Submission (Guillotine) 3.16 Rd2

Jody Cottham has been training at the Kung Fu Academy under the tutelage of Mark Hobbs, for his fight at Cage Rage 27 held at Wembley Arena, London, fighting for Team KFA.

Jody won this Lightweight war against the Russian fighter Umidjon Mavlyanov, in the second round, after a series of reversals on the mat, Jody Cottham sunk in a guillotine choke for the victory at 3:16.

This was a hard fight, Jody even broke his hand. There was a lot of leather thrown by both fighters, yet Jody controlled the fight well keeping his composure, escaping some well placed locks and working into his ground and pound game, eventually winning the fight with a well placed guillotine choke.

This was a great result for Jody Cottham and for Team KFA. It is also great to see Kung Fu skill sets being utilised in the sport of Cage Fighting, giving recognition and confidence back to the traditional arts in the current world of combat sports.

Congratulations, hopefully this will be one of many more future successes for Team KFA.