Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dragon-Lung Ying Chin-Na/Grappling?

hey

take a look at this link

http://www.youtube.com/user/nydragon7

Ok some explainaition of What I said

CLC learned the dragon style from LYK ......a style for a big men like Lam Yui kwai .....since he was small and skinny he have to adapt it to himself ....thats give the pak mei of HK.....a derived of the dragon style for small and skinny frame.....using the pheonix eye punch mostly with a good conditionning and less aggressive or svery forward of the dragon style ....NO Mass NO Impact....Dragon is very aggressive you crash your opponent with powerful punch ,head butts close range attack .....and go for throw or neck break .....

Dragon could be a wild Boar for us

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 07-23-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Hello,

I've been a student of Lung Ying & Bak Mei for over 20 years. I think it's really how much the teacher understands of the art and is able to transmit to their students. Maybe more importantly their own personal preference.

When I train with my sifu in Edmonton, the entire time is spent doing the chin-nah applications from the forms. It is very, very long and painful work (brutal in fact). Doing this sort of work for three hours at a stretch is not an easy feat. And he is incredibly skilled in this art. He truly has the "magic hands" of Dragon Style. When I train with my si-bak in HK, he emphasizes more the pushing / pulling aspects of the style, and can easily control and send flying anyone who attacks him. He also knows all the point hitting / chin-nah etc., but it's more from the tai-chi that he does.

My point is that every art should contain everything - but everyone needs different teachers to transmit all that they need. I focus personally on power generation (for health and fitness), but less on the chin-nah, because it's hard for me to make it "work" in real life. Other people don't have this problem. To each their own!

Cheers - AQ

Kudos for those who chimed in; the veil should be removed. In this day in age there is no need for secrets or ignorance.

Steeeve,

Watching those sets I see all the hidden qinna techniques; a lot of choke holds, etc.

hi. lung ying has pretty much every aspect of hand to hand combat except groundfighting, with an emphasis on smashing a weak guard or tricking a strong guard to open and then grabbing whatever is presented (throat, limb, crotch), sucking it in and destroying it in the process of destroying the opponent. what a teacher chooses to teach of the system depends upon his depth of knowledge, personal experience and preference. you get a guy who's been smacking around in brawls, he probably isn't going to teach you cum la sau. you get a guy who dedicated a long period of life to studying the intricacies of the art, and he probably isnt going to insist on the brutal conditioning. people are just different nowadays.

i think that more important than learning all the hands and all the forms, all the ranges and all the capabilities of an art, is to understand its practicality to what you want to achieve or learn within your span of study. if you find yourself deeply immersed later on in your adventure, okay, THEN it is time to debate these things about what your style does or does not have, and begin to explore how deep the rabbit hole goes. so many forms have been created just within this style alone that it leaves people wondering more about the "where did it come from" than the "what does it have to offer". some lung ying forms were created almost completely out of a 3-hand combination that existed umpteen years ago. but we look at the trees and miss the forest.

there's no veil, just people who want to get the knowledge before they are really able to understand it. a bit like a 14 year old going to Yale. yeah sure he wants it, but can he really "get it"? the information is out there. the path is pretty friggin' forked though, pun intended. maybe some teachers get it, maybe others don't. we are all human.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Thumbs up

Excellent! You know I've always find Trinity pretty hot and tempting. I think the true is always out there somewhere and may be it is in Hong Kong after all.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Quote Originally Posted by meltdawn View Post
    .... an emphasis on smashing a weak guard or tricking a strong guard to open and then grabbing whatever is presented (throat, limb, crotch), sucking it....
    ?????????
    I always thought that all those references to the marital arts were misspellings......
    Hmmmm..... a truly deadly combination of both martial and marital arts!
    Oh, Frabjous Day!

its not whos right ....its whos left

Steeve

Dragon Lung Ying is a one of my prefer style

Why dont talk about the basic Sup Luk dung forms (the 16 mouvements) almost the same of the HK Pak mei Jik Bo

Steeve

lung ying sifu

Hi Folks,
    saw this on youtube -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-0BJVMBZsw&feature=related & just wondering who the old sifu is? ,he's great.

cheers
    hakka jai

Just take a guess

Sifu Lam Chan kwong or Lam wun gwong ????????????????

Steeve

this is Master Lee Fat at the age of 78.

RIP.

龍形派元老-李發 逝世

龍形派元老 李發 於二零零七年十二月八日晚上因病逝世
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

meldawn

I try ur link but thats not work Bro

Lum's Dragon Style Boxing Association

Steeve