Thread: Need help with name of Jackie Chan movie

Need help with name of Jackie Chan movie

After the original Drunken master, there was a second one with Sam Seed, only this time Jackie comes back as the student who has become the Master.

I have been looking for this movie for some time now, and i "Think" it is called "Return of drunken Master".

However, I cannot find it anywhere. When i google it only the original, and the third one "Legend of Drunken master" comes up.

I am thinking I have the name of the second one wrong.

Can anyone help with the name of the second Drunken master movie with Sam Seed in it?

Thanks!

Somewhere on the Northen Hemisphere of the planet Terra.
    I didn't have much time to look, but here is the URL to the Wikipedia page on that particular topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Master

Go to the section entitled: "Sequels and Spinoffs". I hope that helps.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    --- Mohandas Ghandi

I vaguely remember him doing a second drunken kung fu movie. A lot of stores were selling the video as a jackie Chan movie right after the release of Rumble In The Bronx here in the US but in truth there were only a couple of clips of Jackie from the Drunken Master film, it was really about some other guy and a girl learning kung fu. Anyway his IMDB page lists a Drunken Dragon aka World of Drunken Master film from 1978 and a Dance of the Drunken Mantis aka Drunken Master 2 film from 1979.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0803298/

Jackie did do another drunken movie, Legend of the Drunken Master aka Drunken MAster 2. Ti Lung plays his dad and Anita Mui plays his stepmother. Jackie plays the same character, except he seems to be stupider.

Jackie is not in Dance of the Drunken Mantis, but it is a continuation of Drunken Master. It has Simon Yuen playing Sam the Seed and it also has that lady with the legs who played Jackie's aunt in Drunken Master. Yen Shi Kwan plays a teacher character and teaches lead actor Yuen Shun Yi the sickness style.

World of Drunken Master stars Jack Long and Lee I Min, and has a cameo at the start of the movie from Simon Yuen.
    Last edited by jethro; 07-24-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Greetings,

Jethro beat me to it with the Dance of the Drunken Mantis. If it is not that movie you may consider:

- Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (I think this was the only other Jackie Chan movie that starred Yuen Shiao Tien). The bad guy was Wang Cheng Li of the Ji Do Kwan Tae Kwon do style.

Other considerations:

- Young Master (my guess is that you may be confusing Yeun with Shek Kin, who is in this movie) The bad guy is the amazing Hapkido master Whang In Sik.

- Dragon Lord. Also with Whang In Sik.

Question: Who was the bad guy in the movie you are looking for. It would help us find the movie that you are looking for.

Clips from the above movies can be found on youtube.

mickey

Dance of The Drunk Mantis

Dance of The Drunk Mantis is a classic! No Jackie tho...

The Young Master is one of my personal favs - love that they ripped Tomita's Holst's Planets for the soundtrack.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart