Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WCK clips

My main point is one of "accuracy".
    Of course, this is less important to some people/styles.....
    Well, you got me there, my style doesn't concern itself with the most "accurate" pseudonym for the male genitalia.

It must be more important to you than the rest of us I guess.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

My main point is one of "accuracy".
    Of course, this is less important to some people/styles.....
    Well, you got me there, my style doesn't concern itself with the most "accurate" pseudonym for the male genitalia.
    Some folks don't even seem to be able to read text accurately.
    My statement above was about "people" and "styles" (specifically)

Read whatever you like into it.
    If you WANT your WC/VT/whatever to be known as a "short-arm" style, so be it.

It must be more important to you than the rest of us I guess.
    Nope, entirely your choice as to what you want to d1ck around with.

Back to the original clips from sifu Redmond. They're actually fine clips - just demoing opening up a line and pursuing an attack angle. You may or may not have time to do all that based upon your range, movement, and how committed to the initial punch your opponent is. Mostly you won't because it's hard to get an opponent to overcommit like that unless they've got you hurt.

I like demos to have punches that look a little more like realism, but that's my preference. Somebody doesn't like the white outfit. Yeah, fine.

All this other stuff about the boxer guy and his weird fetishes introducing short arm or whatever and wanting me to dress up is just plain gay. I'm just not into that kind of stuff - maybe you should look for a more topic specific forum for that for you.

But thanks for the clips, Phil. They're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Back to the original clips from sifu Redmond.
    A good idea......

All this other stuff about the boxer guy and his weird fetishes introducing short arm or whatever and wanting me to dress up is just plain gay.
    Although you were the first to mention the term in this thread, my first post on the "subject" was addressed to Lee Chiang Po, who'd quoted your text, and he took it as it was intended and responded appropriately.
    I don't give a rat's ass what you want to dress up like.

Yep.
    Last edited by bakxierboxer; 08-03-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Back to the original clips from sifu Redmond. They're actually fine clips - just demoing opening up a line and pursuing an attack angle. You may or may not have time to do all that based upon your range, movement, and how committed to the initial punch your opponent is. Mostly you won't because it's hard to get an opponent to overcommit like that unless they've got you hurt.

I like demos to have punches that look a little more like realism, but that's my preference. Somebody doesn't like the white outfit. Yeah, fine.

All this other stuff about the boxer guy and his weird fetishes introducing short arm or whatever and wanting me to dress up is just plain gay. I'm just not into that kind of stuff - maybe you should look for a more topic specific forum for that for you.

I just got back home but I'll make a clip explaining what the possibilities are regarding that technique. I hope Terrence realizes that I know people don't hold their arm out for you. The arm was held out so that a new student would complete the tan by making contact just in case there was a straight punch/fake which would turn into a round punch. The tan would then cover the round punch. Notice that I said round punch. Not tight hook.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

The reason Sifu Nenad had his student hold his arm out was to show the he must cover the area with a tan before continuing. Later on they can quickly pull the arm back in prep for another attack.
    The guy isn't throwing "perfect" boxing punches but since he was available we asked him to help out. I also noticed that he held his hands out a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1COyYQnvY
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    The reason Sifu Nenad had his student hold his arm out was to show the he must cover the area with a tan before continuing. Later on they can quickly pull the arm back in prep for another attack.
    The guy isn't throwing "perfect" boxing punches but since he was available we asked him to help out. I also noticed that he held his hands out a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1COyYQnvY
    Ah! OK! That makes better sense that what was shown in that other video. Thanks Phil!

Talking Be there by being Square!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Why put energy into a Tan Sao to completely change the line or trajectory of someone's punch when you could simply go around it or redirect it slightly? It doesn't seem very efficient to me. This even seems to violate the TWC rule of flanking. Why "open" the guy up with a Tan and put yourself on the inside where you could potentially have to deal with his other arm rather than leaving his punching arm on the line it occupies while doing a Lop to go around to the outside and zoning away from his other arm?

After the bong-sao with the left a simple bridgewalk/kuen su kuen with the right hand will take care of the other hand regardless if it strikes second or not. This way the defense and offense are one. When this is done the bong sao with the left can turn right into a Loy Fon Kuen(inside whipping fist) and become a strike automatically instead of just rolling to another block.
    In the Woo Fai Ching system we work with concepts of double arm control in our chi-sao(there is that thing again) and working from a square as well as a triangle which answers this question easily.
    In the Woo System we don't shun the middle. Why practice all that Chi-Sao(standing right in the middle face to face) just to abandon it when drilling attack/defense?

Love , Peace, & Chitlin' Grease fellas,

~Cg~
    Last edited by Graychuan; 08-07-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr