Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen

Watchmen

saw the preview for this at batman. i was actually more excited about the watchmen preview than i was for seeing batman.

alan moore is the bomb
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

man that is the truth! been waiting for a watchman movie for a loo-oo-ong time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

Slackers, posting a thread without a link.
    lack of chi...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

There's an official website, you know...

Watchmen. Love the dripping blood spot when loading...

(with blood)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

Slackers, posting a thread without a link.
    lack of chi...
    I dont lack qi, I just like to make you use yours instead. I like to keep my reserves up

Im glad that they waited until they could make it look so good.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I saw Watchmen last night, and it was amazing. I even think the change in the ending was probably appropriate.

Several people walked out of the theatre during the movie. I guess they thought they were going to see Spiderman, but wound up watching Citizen Kane instead.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thumbs up

I just saw Watchmen last night, and it kicked a$$! The fight sequences were top notch, and though a bit over the top (hey, it's a comic book movie), I really enjoyed the graphic results which amplify the devestating stakes in self defense.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I saw Watchmen last night, and it was amazing. I even think the change in the ending was probably appropriate.

Several people walked out of the theatre during the movie. I guess they thought they were going to see Spiderman, but wound up watching Citizen Kane instead.
    yeah, citizen kane with a big, blue wiener.
    i swear I don't understand the decision to take off the dude's shorts for 80% of the movie.
    It just seemed very gratuitous - didn't add anything to the flick.
    I could see that making other folks uncomfortable.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    i swear I don't understand the decision to take off the dude's shorts for 80% of the movie.
    Well, he does walk around naked in the comic.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It was probably done to hush the critics about all of the Silk Spectre nudity. I can handle a blue dong flopping around for that. I didn't even notice it until my wife pointed it out to me.

All-in-all I thought it was great and paid great respect to the comic.

It's a symbol of him becoming detached from human social constructs.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Rorshach...

...a kempo & TKD black Belt...
    Jackie Earle Haley on Watchmen
    Published March 7, 2009 in Movie Interviews
    By Fred Topel | Image property of Warner Bros
    Watchmen Watchmen

Jackie Earle Haley spends most of Watchmen wearing a mask. As Rorschach, his visage features a morphing inkblot. For a portion of the film, he is captured and sent to prison under his real name, Walter Kovacs. To Haley, there was little difference.

Jackie Earle Haley Talks Watchmen

"Not much," Haley said. "I donned freckles. Yeah, I mean I looked at that and was thinking, 'What should I do there?' To me, it’s just, the guy is Rorschach. Walter is long gone, and I think he’s Rorschach, with or without the mask. So I’ve pretty much kept it in the same world. I don’t think that he throws on his mask and he completely changes his identity but I think when he’s in the middle of an interrogation or something, it might pump up his adrenaline and his syntax just like I think anybody would."

Haley can actually fight. He has a black belt in Kempo and Tae Kwon Do but that wasn't the style Rorschach was supposed to use. "He’s kind of more boxer-y but he does have some legs and stuff. I think what helped me with already having some experience with Martial Arts is that I didn’t need to show up two months before and start with the basics. I know everybody kind of went into fight training, and then into choreography. So I got to skip all of the fight training and just go into choreography. Then I also had the additional help that my character was covered so I had a kick ass stunt guy who was able to do most of it. But I did do some of it, and it was neat that the guys didn’t have to spend so much time teaching me how to throw a punch. It was just going right into the choreography of it."

The distinctive mask was a CGI accomplishment, but Haley got a sense early on of what it would ultimately look like. "We had some fixed Rorschach masks for stunt work and stuff that was further away from the camera, so obviously we could see an exact still representation. Then one day [visual effects supervisor] D.J. showed up on the set, he opened his computer he said, check it out. What they did with the blots I thought was incredible but it was kind of a challenge or concern, like wow, how am I going to go about this, kind of acting with the sock on my head, that first you’re kind of nervous, because you’re taking away your main tool, which is your face as an actor. But at the same time, you’re playing this character Rorschach, so there was something incredibly motivating by putting this thing on, so I think I struggled with it for a little while, just internally, and then I think as time went on all of that was just kind of reconciled in here and becoming Rorschach was a much easier process as time went on.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

RotFLMFAO!!!!!

Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

It's a symbol of him becoming detached from human social constructs.
    While the may be, he's not naked that often in the book. Mostly on Mars. The rest of the time he's in a black unitard or a black man thong/banana hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    While the may be, he's not naked that often in the book. Mostly on Mars. The rest of the time he's in a black unitard or a black man thong/banana hammock.
    maybe zack snyder just wanted to see a blue ****, is that so hard to believe that he just wanted to show the audienc hey look at this blue **** isnt this hilarious.