Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Tigers Tournament youtube vids 2008

Quote Originally Posted by UmFu View Post
    yes sir. the da saam sing division, it is not only strength and time measured, but also technique measured based on the rules/criteria.

some people have opinions that disagree with boxing and mma matches as sport (we don't however this is a good example of personal preference and appreciation.

some people practice da saam sing for different reasons and some have different perspectives of this exercise/technique. obviously the competitors in the da saam sing division have a similar perspective, not to say that others who do not compete are wrong.

i've spent hours arguing that boxing is a great sport vs. friends who think it is not. in the end both sides have good points and neither side is wrong, just different perspectives.

check out the rules for da saam sing at www.5tigerschampionship.com and another video of the rules demonstrated during the tournament and see if promoting this type of competition will improve/promote a useful CMA fighting skill:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmwoq...eature=related

btw, if arm wrestling is a national competition, there's certainly room for da saam sing in martial arts competitions.
    Hey, anything but flowery forms !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

regarding the after, LMAO, well there were alot of people with bumps and bruises the next day and some who couldn't even remember how they got them
    LMFAO!

SO true, I woke up on the floor of your school, with quite the head ache the next morning and sore ass hands. your Sifu's students from Poland got more entertainment than they expected when they found my brother and I hung over, swearing and confused desperately trying to make coffee.....

PM so I know who you are,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    LMFAO!

SO true, I woke up on the floor of your school, with quite the head ache the next morning and sore ass hands. your Sifu's students from Poland got more entertainment than they expected when they found my brother and I hung over, swearing and confused desperately trying to make coffee.....

oh yeah the guys from our Poland branch told us a funny version of you guys in the morning LOL!

btw, Sifu mentioned that he got to exchange and compare some jow ga & buk sing hands alittle bit with you in the hallway during the tournament and complimented your technique.

LMFAO!

SO true, I woke up on the floor of your school, with quite the head ache the next morning and sore ass ...

DUDE !!

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

btw, Sifu mentioned that he got to exchange and compare some jow ga & buk sing hands alittle bit with you in the hallway during the tournament and complimented your technique.
    We had really similar ideas on bridging and entrance, I have to say that he is one of the fastest southern stylists I'v ever seen move. Your Sifu has really exceptional gung fu. Please say hello to him for me, I'll either see you guys in MD this weekend or come up for a visit at the end of the month.

Sanjuro:
    I have to say you have a very "creative" imagination and I'm flatterd that you think of me like that but I'm not interested. I suggest a weekend visit to Montreal, your sure to meet some one there (it was funny though)
    Last edited by Satori Science; 07-22-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

A short highlight clip from the 5 Tigers Tournament Lei Tai exhibition.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DciQcEDOcw

With the exception of one fighter that I met that night everyone there were good friends of mine, great experience for everyone they all learned lots.
    Last edited by Satori Science; 07-22-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

A short highlight clip from the 5 Tigers Tournament Lei Tai exhibition.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DciQcEDOcw

With the exception of one fighter that I met that night everyone there were good friends of mine, great experience for everyone they all learned lots.
    nice to see gung fu schools having closed door intramural fights. I hope the jow ga people continue. does anyone know where the fighters are from?

Quote Originally Posted by yaoli View Post
    nice to see gung fu schools having closed door intramural fights. I hope the jow ga people continue. does anyone know where the fighters are from?
    it was an intramural, but not exactly a closed door. We just opened our school the night before the tournament to have a few intramural full contact matches between some visiting schools. this was seperate from the tournament and intended to be a venue to allow us to exam how we would introduce full contact, san da, san shou, lei tai........ in a future tournament since the Maryland law just changed in our favor. As of now we are trying to re-establish a network of kung fu schools who would like to participate in joint intramural full contact sessions. the scheduled fighters at the intramural posted by Satori were:

LANDON GODSEY (Team BANGOUT/Yee's Hung Ga) 6'2" 215 lbs
    MIKE BEATO (Green Cloud CLF) 5'5" 180 lbs
    STEVE DAVIS (Team BANGOUT/Brothers of Wudang) 5'7" 175 lbs
    TRISTAN (Green Cloud CLF) 5'6" 160 lbs
    MIKE FLORES (Liu Seong Combat Arts) 5'10" 160 lbs
    KAIN MARTIN (Team BANGOUT/Yee's Hung Ga) 5'9" 190 lbs
    KRIS ACEVEDO (BJJ/Muay Thai) 5'10" 185 lbs

There was also one fighter from Sifu Kevin Preston's Siu Lum Hung Ga school in PA but i apologize for forgetting his name.

it was an intramural, but not exactly a closed door. We just opened our school the night before the tournament to have a few intramural full contact matches between some visiting schools. this was seperate from the tournament and intended to be a venue to allow us to exam how we would introduce full contact, san da, san shou, lei tai........ in a future tournament since the Maryland law just changed in our favor. As of now we are trying to re-establish a network of kung fu schools who would like to participate in joint intramural full contact sessions. the scheduled fighters at the intramural posted by Satori were:

LANDON GODSEY (Team BANGOUT/Yee's Hung Ga) 6'2" 215 lbs
    MIKE BEATO (Green Cloud CLF) 5'5" 180 lbs
    STEVE DAVIS (Team BANGOUT/Brothers of Wudang) 5'7" 175 lbs
    TRISTAN (Green Cloud CLF) 5'6" 160 lbs
    MIKE FLORES (Liu Seong Combat Arts) 5'10" 160 lbs
    KAIN MARTIN (Team BANGOUT/Yee's Hung Ga) 5'9" 190 lbs
    KRIS ACEVEDO (BJJ/Muay Thai) 5'10" 185 lbs

There was also one fighter from Sifu Kevin Preston's Siu Lum Hung Ga school in PA but i apologize for forgetting his name.
    it seems like good idea for students to exchange with persons outside if their school in smaller events in order to prepare for larger events if so choose. actually I don't think it's necessary to participate in large venues if your goal is mainly to improve & test your skills these intramurals will give you much experience & cheaper :-)