Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you support unnecessary physical cruelty for personal gain/entertainment?

Do you support unnecessary physical cruelty for personal gain/entertainment?

does anyone???

at all?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    does anyone???

at all?
    Hello !!
    We're Martial artists !!
    LOL !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Do you mean to oneself or to others?

Reminds me somewhat of the Golden Rule, which is also faulty. Just because I like to smoke bong hits and go surf 20 foot waves doesn't mean my neighbor should.

As for self cruelty, we could say we're cruel to ourselves in our training but it's worth it for the outcome. I can't think of a reason to be cruel to another, except in combat. Then you dig the elbow in the face and put your weight on it.

Anyone that watches sport combat supports unnecessary physical cruelty for entertainment.
    That, and people that watch reality TV shows.
    Those people are even worse actually.

ok let me rephrase

does anyone support unnecessary cruelty for their own gain/ entertainment against parties who are forced into doing it,

namely animals.

ok let me rephrase

does anyone support unnecessary cruelty for their own gain/ entertainment against parties who are forced into doing it,

namely animals.
    Define "unnecessary." I have a feeling that you'd define eating animals as unnecessary thus making this debate a non-starter if we can't agree about that. See the problem?

ok let me rephrase

namely animals.
    Putting GAIN and ENTERTAINMENT in the way you did makes it seem the both are equal, they are not.

2 things.

1. animal cruelty. there are laws to specify "treatments or care" of animals.

shipping with right temp, not too cold or too hot, food and water if long distance.

but most of them, farm animals are shipped to "slaugter" house, and yet it is important to make sure the shipping conditions are good or comfortable, kind of ironic?

at slaugter house, pigs are stunned with electrical poles, so they are shocked and unconscious of what follows--

2. entertainments are entertainments, so people wear head gear and chest protector, so they do get "hurt" by punches or kicks in the head or chest area. gloves of knuckles etc etc. rules such as no elbow, no knees, no hitting below the belt or groins area etc etc.

3. use dog, chicken, or crickets to fight, me absolutely against them. ABSOLUTELY NO.

----

I love to fish, so by that definition, I would say I do (to the question posed) since I often use live bait, and they certainly don't volunteer themselves onto the hooks.

If I'm ever in the opportune environment, there would also be a real chance that I would bet on a hercules beetle fight.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    2 things.

1. animal cruelty. there are laws to specify "treatments or care" of animals.

shipping with right temp, not too cold or too hot, food and water if long distance.

but most of them, farm animals are shipped to "slaugter" house, and yet it is important to make sure the shipping conditions are good or comfortable, kind of ironic?

at slaugter house, pigs are stunned with electrical poles, so they are shocked and unconscious of what follows--
    these are frequently ignored, animals travel for days at a time in cramped conditions with almost no food or water and in the case of chickens they are simply tipped out into the slaughter house all at once, animals suffer broken bones frequently and often arent able to make it off the truck.

3. use dog, chicken, or crickets to fight, me absolutely against them. ABSOLUTELY NO.
    me too,

a dog or a chicken or a cricket regardless of what it is, it is wrong to make it fight with no choice of its own.

in cage matches etc the contestants are willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Define "unnecessary." I have a feeling that you'd define eating animals as unnecessary thus making this debate a non-starter if we can't agree about that. See the problem?
    whats necessary about eating meat
    please tell me

You know...plants are technically alive too. Don't they have a right to live as well? If you're going to write off animals because they're living things, write off plants too.

Veggies are such hippocrites.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Anyone that watches sport combat supports unnecessary physical cruelty for entertainment.
    That, and people that watch reality TV shows.
    Those people are even worse actually.
    Why all the judgments?

Why is combat sport unnecessary physical cruelty? Both participants are eager to do it. Signed up for it willingly. They love it. To them, maybe having to sit and watch two guys play chess is cruel.

What's necessary? Is training? Is sitting on the computer talking $hit? Is anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Why all the judgments?

Why is combat sport unnecessary physical cruelty? Both participants are eager to do it. Signed up for it willingly. They love it. To them, maybe having to sit and watch two guys play chess is cruel.

What's necessary? Is training? Is sitting on the computer talking $hit? Is anything?
    Dude, don't sugar coat it, its cruel and we love it !
    LOL !

I guess I say I have to do... the whole fishing thing. I eat what I catch, but there is a lot of struggling and released fish.

I've thought about it. Understood it. Thought about the way they're so eager to attack the fly (thinking it is a living being) and decided, "fu(k the fish." Guess I'll be thinking about it now again.

Gave up spear fishing. I could literally feel the difference in the fish. No spear... you can swim, not with them, but near them, drift with the current. With the spear, they dart screaming "murderer! murderer!."