Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 6 Elbows of Kung Fu -

Hi KC elbows,
    Still dont get ,how the system aquired the nickname 6 elbows???.

cheers
    hakka jai

Quote Originally Posted by hakka jai View Post
    Hi KC elbows,
    Still dont get ,how the system aquired the nickname 6 elbows???.

cheers
    hakka jai
    There are six elbow methods. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    KC Elbows,

That's good to hear; I use to judge both of them, i.e., Reyes, and actually spoke with their parents ages ago.

Their staff was very strong; a solid southern staff set.
    Mike isn't sure which judge you are, but he's pretty sure it would have been at Dallas that you met his folks. Is that right?

There are quite a few "Elbow" styles associated with some styles. One Chen sytem has an elbow style associated with training but I believe it is more training than style/system. I did not study such a system but while I was in St Louis in the 90's, there was a guy caled Chun Man Sit who had an elbow system/style I believe was from S. China. I have seen it demonstrated and it seems to be complementary to any system or style.

There seems to have been at least a few systems but as each family learnt it, it became their own famiy style over the centuries.

KC Elbow,

Yes; I'm also friend with their shifu. Is Mike the taller/oldest one? (At this moment, I don't recall.)

KC Elbow,

Yes; I'm also friend with their shifu. Is Mike the taller/oldest one? (At this moment, I don't recall.)
    No, that's Rudy. Rudy never learned the entire taixu system, but does MMA in California. For a good part of the last ten years, he was a recon marine, and is actually currently playing himself in the HBO series Kill Generation, which is based on a series of articles written by a Rolling Stones reporter who followed Rudy's unit in Iraq.

Mike is the the younger one, he teaches out here, and pretty much trains as hard as he always did.

KC Elbow,

Thanks for clarifying and updating of their whereabouts/doing (great guys). Therefore, Mike should remember me, when the judges weren't able to appreciate his use of fajin and gave first to someone, who looked like he was constipated doing his form.

KC Elbow,

Thanks for clarifying and updating of their whereabouts/doing (great guys). Therefore, Mike should remember me, when the judges weren't able to appreciate his use of fajin and gave first to someone, who looked like he was constipated doing his form.
    LOL!!! That's hilarious.

I ran into a Sifu years ago and always tried to remember his name, Chu Man Sit. KCEblows, is it you? I think we met at a tournament in 1996 in Alabama.