Thread: Red Sonja: the ultimate Sword Hottie?

Hybrid View

Red Sonja: the ultimate Sword Hottie?

Was tempted to post these images in the Sword hotties thread. Still I figure people will want the opportunity to comment on the Posters as well as next year's film.

Poster

Other Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Was tempted to post these images in the Sword hotties thread. Still I figure people will want the opportunity to comment on the Posters as well as next year's film.

Poster

Other Poster
    wow. im freaking excited.

this and watchmen are gonna make 09 for me.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Red Sonja. Ah yes.

Time for a sword hottie flash back.

Brigette had the physique for Red Sonja.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Brigitte Nielsen ahh yes...

not quite a sword hottie here or here. But then again, She Hulk was never known for her swordplay.

I should know better than to challenge DS's comic fu...

...but I googled up this and just can't resist posting it.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2017!

"Female Strong" - it's a thing now

I wiki-ed the 2010 project. It says "Actress Rose McGowan was originally intended to portray Sonja in 2010's Red Sonja film, but these plans were squelched by injuries that permanently damaged the mobility and strength of her right arm" but the link to the original source for that has long expired. Either way, Rose has got to be our first Sword Hottie FAIL .

The question is - who will play Red Sonja in this new film?

Millennium To Produce Female-Strong ‘Red Sonja’ With Cinelou
    by Anita Busch
    November 4, 2017 8:28am

Millennium

EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Media will finance and produce a new version of Red Sonja and is looking to it as a new franchise for the company. The project will be produced by Millennium’s Avi Lerner and Joe Gatta alongside Cinelou’s Mark Canton and Courtney Solomon. They are fast-tracking this project and next will hire a writer.

Red Sonja is based on a heroine created by Roy Thomas, editor at Marvel (in the 1970s). She has appeared in hundreds of comic books over the decades, which Dynamite Entertainment continues publishing today.

Millennium Media

“We have been waiting for the right time for this remake,” said Lerner, “and with the success of Wonder Woman, the audience has spoken. They want female heroes.”

The film’s executive producers will be Millennium Films’ Boaz Davidson, John Thompson and Trevor Short. Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman of Campbell Grobman films also will executive produce with Scott Karol of Cinelou. Red Sonja’s rights holder Luke Lieberman also will be an exec producer.

The first Red Sonja film in 1985 starred (and introduced) Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold Schwarzenegger. This version will be different, with fresh story ideas and characters.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips