Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stop B!tch'n...

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    IMO, the sparring/wrestling training should be part of the elementary school training and it should start from day one. Of course you can't swim very well the 1st time that you jump into water but you can still try to keep your body float.

SC doesn't have long form but short drills (13 Taibo, 24 Shi) - 13 standing postures and 24 solo drills.
    i agree with u
    about short drills, thats not just shuai jiao, for most styles with forms each move from a form should be a drill by itself
    Last edited by bawang; 01-09-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    You'd get some really loud/persistent howls of outrage from "liberals/progressives" if you were to try forcing "combative stuff" on public elementary school kids.
    Hawaii does it

http://www.sportshigh.com/sports/judo/tournament/2008

http://hawaiijudo.org/index.php?opti...id=8&Itemid=28

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ALL Kung-Fu systems came about through combining elements from other methods. That is how they evolved to become what they are (were).
    Once you stop doing this, you stop evolving. TCMA became great through this process, and then people striving to be sooo traditional, closed their doors, closed their minds, and their art stagnated, and remained where it was a hundred years ago, rather than continuing to grow and evolve. The Masters who developed these styles, did so by being open-minded, and taking what works.
    You can follow suit, or kill your Kung-Fu.
    I know a young fella from China that practices his familys' system. His Father required him and his brother to go learn another style. Apparently this tradition has been passed down for a lot of generations. Very good idea in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    if you were to try forcing "combative stuff" on public elementary school kids. Or did you mean "basic training" in a MA school?
    I mean "beginner training stage". In most of the SC school, the teacher will ask the new students to wrestle with the old students on the 1st day. This is a very good test.

- If any student doesn't like physical contact then he may need to find other style.
    - It tells the new students that how much body balance knowledge that he has.
    - After few months, the new students will feel that it gets harder and harder for the old students to throw him, he will then build up confidence on his training program.
    - The most important one is, this will prove to a new student that no matter how strong he is, without a good throwing move, he cannot throw anybody (there is always a lucky punch but there will never be a lucky throw).

Nope, the links specifically refer to "teams".
    These are not required school-system-wide MA courses.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I mean "beginner training stage". In most of the SC school, the teacher will ask the new students to wrestle with the old students on the 1st day. This is a very good test.
    - If any student doesn't like physical contact then he may need to find other style.
    OK, then we're in agreement.