Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theory of CMA (communism) vs MMA (free market system)

omg i think i saw RD actually use the "quote" function

there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Been studying economics lately.

Was thinking maybe CMA has been influenced negatively by China's recent past, mainly a closed off, non-competitive central planned system.

Likewise, MMA is as free a market as you can get. Bring whatever you want and the competition itself will define the standard and weed out the garbage.
    so who is the capitalist?
    (don't try and tell me free-market and capitalism is the same.. LOL back to economics 101 for you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Im tempted to jump in and say I’m actually very much for a communist type government, but then I was reminded I am surrounded by Americans . No-one might ever want to speak with me again.
    Don't worry Eddie, you are not alone.

<signed the pinko, commie, canuck>
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    Ray, I think you are confusing martial art for sport.... Martial art has things in it that can be useful in very broad parameters... Chinese martial arts have been used for many, many different purposes over the years.

For art the value is in the eye of the beholder and if some kid in a strip mall is loving his new green belt then don't begrudge him!
    I don't consider martial arts a sport, though I think it is extremely important for a martial artists to put himself in situations where he finds himself competing... putting his training to the test against others. Whether it's in the ring, kwoon, gym or street. You need to test drive the technique.... especially in CMA where lots of claims are made but there is no proof (double leg takedowns work and we now it because you can turn on Spike TV and watch it done well all night)

Martial arts are for combat. Health is the side benefit.

Now for the young green belt, if he's a kid you can't blame him. He should enjoy his green belt. But there's a difference between a Boy Scout badge for camping in a park with secure facilities (water/bathroom) and getting the Medal of Honor in Iraq. One is not so easy to get. A testament to rising above and beyond.

I say it all the time, but martial arts are not for everyone. If you're not getting punched, kicked, slammed, choked and hurt ... there will be times you're in pain.... you're not training right. Think of what it would take to turn a man into a warrior who uses only his body and mind..... THAT'S MARTIAL ARTS.

Ray, I'd rather say, "THAT'S PART OF MARTIAL ARTS..."

I'm just pushing my viewpoint that martial arts is a wide field and there is room for a lot of different people to get something out of it. It's been that way for a long time now, and redefining it to fit my particular needs at the moment is a bit short sighted.

What if you are injured or get sick, martial arts can help you but not if you are getting choked and kicked and sparring full force.

What if you are force marched 25 miles a day during wartime, there's no time for jump rope or heavy bagwork or fighting full contact. But again, martial arts can be useful during warfare.

There's a reason why so many things are included under the holistic banner of Chinese martial arts. There is fitness, fighting, meditation, healing, anatomy, "chi", cultural information and more. Not everyone will work on all these aspects, and indeed, no one could master them all in one lifetime.

Not to say that there isn't some lame stuff picked up along the way as well. But don't be too quick to judge, someday when you aren't in the prime of life you might find those other aspects suddenly very useful.

Anyways, just my thoughts based on what some people have told me.

-Jess O

I understand your point and I appreciate Chinese culture more than most; love it actually.

So far I've broken my ribs, nose and wrist (twice). I don't know what I did to my shoulder before my last fight because I didn't go to the doctor but after a heavy day of surfing or training it gets real tight and clicks a bit. I have full range of motion but it's uncomfortable. It's getting better but it's been like 8 or 9 months.

I never stopped training during any of that. Just adjusted my training, worked on what I could.

When I'm older, maybe like 45, I'll stop fighting and if I have kids teach. But by then I'll have a lot of experience. I can hang my gloves up with pride. I'll hopefully still train the same way though.

I don't know. No matter how I wrap my hands around it the training is still the training. And though methods may vary there's a right way to train and a wrong way. I see guys in their 50s doing hardcore jiu-jitsu still. Training till they gas.

In my mind, and maybe I'm wrong, I separate the study of medicine (which also seems like a lifetime pursuit in its own) from the study of combat. In way I think that's part of the problem, the myth of these great men that have unbeatable fighting skills, but meditate for months on the mountain and can spit some dirt in their palm, rub it, and cure cancer. It's romantic as all hell. But because I train I'm healthy and in the rare case I'm sick I'm going to someone who's gone to medical school. Now, when I want to learn a fighting system, I go to someone who has spent just as much time fighting as that doctor has studying.

I have no time for shifty logic anymore. I lost considerable time with nonsense.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    a. if China under one rule, there will be no wars among factions/kingdoms. It has been so for hundreds of years during a weak zhou. That included spring autumn and warring states. People sufferred wars upon wars.

at his time, Kong Fu Zi proposed an ideal society that every one takes his place in an ideal society. Father is father, son is son, King is king and minister is minister. meaning minister likes to stay as a minister and not become the next king by assasinating his king.---

KFZ's idea was never accepted or adopted during his life time.
    KFZ only saw himself as the preserver of Dao but is recognized by some even today as the inheritor of Dao, which is the combination of the wisdom, teaching and lineage of the long line of ancient sage-kings. During the time of the sage-kings it is the development of culture rather than the rule of law that drive the society. It is important to remember that before KFZ time there was no distinction between Daoism (Dao jia) and Confucianism (Ru Jia) or other schools for that matter. Technically all are considered Ru Zhe (learned or scholar). Both Daoism and Confucianism acknowledge and recognize the wisdom and teachings of the long line of sage-kings which started with the legendary Fu Xi (approx. 2852 - 2738 BCE) and ended with Zhou Wu Wang and/or his brother Zhou Gong (around 1066 BCE). The difference between the 2 schools is that Confucius believes in the importance of social system and sees himself as the guardian of Dao; whereas, Lao Zi believes that Dao can not be sought without and social system is a manifestation of corruption of human nature rather than the realization of Dao. Ru and subsequently Ru Jia professed in six subjects - Li (ritual), Le (music/arts), She (archery), Yu (Charioteering), Shu (Literature), and Shu (mathematics). These are collectively known as Liu Shu (six arts). Ru Zhe, who were nobles, in general were taught this But KFZ in an effort to preserve the teachings of the sage-kings, he edited them into 6 classics and taught them as Liu Yi (six cultivations), which includes the oldest and most complex of them - Yijing (classic of change). He also open up schools to commoners. He claimed to have 3000 students of which 72 were outstanding. He was deemed as too idealistic. At a time of "international" intrigue where self preservation out weights self perfection, his career suffers a great deal but he managed to sow the seed of the Confucius movement that even influences Chinese people today.

b. more local control meaning a weak central government or ruling court. China is way too big for one person to rule it all. during Qing, the last dynasty, I think that it is Yong Zhen or Kang Xi, he actually read all the reports from over 6000 local officials and keep close contact or approve or discuss proposals. Wow, when do you get to sleep like 3 am in the morning?
    Well, the problem isn't that simple but I just want to say that even though Yuan dynasty (Mongolians) and Qing dynasty (Manchurians) are not Han tribe; therefore not Chinese per se, they are considered as dynasty rulers of China because they "respect" the Chinese system, conventions and the administration of Ru Jia bureaucracy. One might even say they are more Chinese rulers than the CPC.

--

2. Kong Fu Zi idea is good that people will be content and more "obedient" subjets or shun ming. So any form of government (in China) would like to use it as a political main stream idea. It places trusts in the leader or leading party that, it is the great father that would takes care of everyone.

It was debated, b/c the nationalist party was about to overthrow the Qing's rule.
    Confucianism is meant to focus on the positive of social structure and is therefore deemed as providing stability for the country. But this is superficial benefit only. This doesn't mean that it is only practical in nature. It is also quite pragmatic when it comes to self perfection. Philosophy wise, it's quite close to Kantian philosophy but it perhaps provides more in terms of the recognition of infinite mind and moral metaphysics.

--

even today, CPC is gladly to resume KFZ idea and embraces it in a big way. They found the grand grand--- child of KFZ and celebrated KFZ's birthday every year. again so that we may have shun ming.
    Well, actually CPC is trying to use Marxism especially dialectical materialism to reinterpret ALL Chinese thoughts. Confucianism happens to be one of them. This is the most sinister of CPC actions yet. If you look at their "scholars" trying to reinterpret more like reinventing the classics such as the Yijing, you will feel sick to the stomach of the BULLSH!!T. They are FU CKing sneaky!

3. Wushu as the ways promoted today by PRC may need many things to improve or to be corrected. But at least, it is funded by the state, talents are sought after and training starting at tender age in wushu academy.

--

Wushu as a cultural thing, physical eduation or even gym events, well it may not go far beyond its border.

--
    Once again, Wushu is FUBAR to the Nth degree. It's idea is to numb your senses at best and turns you into a living dead at worst. There is nothing martial or Chinese about it. Please for the sake of Kung Fu, pay attention to the BS scheme of fragmentation by sportification of martial academia. Regular folks don't care that Kung Fu has it roots in the teaching of the sage-kings which is why we should study Confucianism. Many of the Kung Fu masters gave up their lives to protect Chinese values and thoughts through out history. Nowadays, it is nothing but a past time for most. That's fine but as a Kung Fu stylist, as we see Kung Fu is a life style, we should know better. If people don't mind to be zombies, what do I care? In times of foreign oppressions, it is the value of the teachings and those who understood the importance and sacrifice their lives for it that saved China. Now as a Chinese living in Canada and in relative peace, I see the true value of the teachings when I see the tyranny and oppression suffered by the natives who where rob of their culture. The CPC is wolf in sheep's clothing. It will be a tough one to beat for the sake of true Chinese values, philosophies and thoughts. All I can say is the mind is a terrible thing to waste, be mindful always, my friend.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

MMA is NOT a free market!

There are rules, and people have to abide by them. It's not "anything goes". MMA fighters deal with a very closed system - that of ring rules. And those rules vary from state to state, depending on what state government allows.

Communist China is similarly restrictive in its wushu permittances.

However, most of the kung fu practiced around the world is NOT from Communist China - for now.