Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Totally OT: xbox 360

console games are for the little boys, grow up and learn how to use your pc, it is literally 10x better no matter what title.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

oh yeah? what about tekken 6?
    where's my beer?

that's definitely a larper title anyway.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    oh yeah? what about tekken 6?
    OMG marry me.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    that's definitely a larper title anyway.
    Only if you're a crappy MAist who pretends to be Eddy Gordo when you practice your capo.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Talking My 2 cents..ergh actually it more like 10 cents...

console games are for the little boys, grow up and learn how to use your PC, it is literally 10x better no matter what title.

I used to agree with statement...used to...I have both a 360 and a ps3 and a custom built PC I made as well as a Macbook Pro laptop so as you can see I am not a slave to any particular piece of tech .

The thing is ----I changed my opinion because console games are definitely on par with PC nowadays, but at fraction of the cost. With rare exceptions like Crysis...
    Now speaking of Crysis, if you wanted to play this direct X10 beast on settings that would do it justice you would have to spend at least 1500$ on building the tower alone.Or 2000 grand plus on built machine if you don't know how to build a PC. Oh and plus PC gaming is really kinda lame at the moment if you ask me, If your not hooked on some MMO most of the PC only stuff has been kinda shoddy lately with a few exception....

but I digress kidz...I still love my PC too(thx Witcher....ohhhhhhhhhhh and Diablo 3 is alive and coming soon to ruin your weekly training schedules...
    Last edited by No_SuRReNDeR; 08-06-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typos
    “Build rather than destroy,
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,
    For all life is precious,
    Nor can any be replaced” - Chuen Yuan, Li Shou, Pai Yu Feng

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    console games are for the little boys, grow up and learn how to use your pc, it is literally 10x better no matter what title.
    I used to think that same way, I hadnt had a console in years. But then I realized, there are just some bad ass games that you cannot get on PC. thus the console.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

ya im looking forward to d3. the demo vid looks pretty fun.

ive been playing this game age of conan with some buddies. its pretty neat, you can decapitate other players or dismember them. stuff like that.

its all bloody and violent and fun. the only problem is that it cant hold my attention for too long, so after playing gta4 at a friends house, i decided to go get that.

super fun game imo so far.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I think I may be the last man alive who DOESN'T have ADD.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I think I may be the last man alive who DOESN'T have ADD.
    I dont have ADD. our perceptions of "too long" most likely differ. considering it was (conan)the ONLY game i have been playing, makes a bid difference.

what were we talking about?

fair enough

Then again...

I play Civilization games, an experience that some have compared to watching paint dry on slow-mo.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    fair enough

Then again...

I play Civilization games, an experience that some have compared to watching paint dry on slow-mo.
    ya dude, get this, in that conan game your clan or what ever builds a city. in tiers, one tier takes something like 20thousand pieces of granite, yew, iron, etc.

talk about tedious. its like working to play a **** game lol. luckily the floor is close for pushups and sit ups when sitting there gets to be un comfortable.

oh, and luckily I have no social life.

The thing is ----I changed my opinion because console games are definitely on par with PC nowadays, but at fraction of the cost. With rare exceptions like Crysis...
    Now speaking of Crysis, if you wanted to play this direct X10 beast on settings that would do it justice you would have to spend at least 1500$ on building the tower alone.Or 2000 grand plus on built machine if you don't know how to build a PC.
    Maybe when it first came out, but the graphics cards have dropped in price extremely rapidly. Could put together a Crysis capable machine for almost PS3 price now if you don't need to buy a new monitor and speakers.

You ever think you don't have a social life because you spend all your time in front of a gaming console?

You know, as opposed to being out and about and scouting out the lasses?
    Kung Fu is good for you.