Thread: OT: fun quotes

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

OT: fun quotes

here is a listing of quotes from a particular character, Walter Slovotsky, in the fantasy series "Guardians of the Flame" I definitely recommend it as a series up through the 5th or 6th book.

http://www.slovotskys-laws.com/index...rchives.Quotes

a few samples:

The most important lesson in karate is running. The first thing you do in a fight, is to turn and run away. Run for at least a mile, preferably two or three. If he's still chasing you, he's probably out of breath by then. If it's still worth fighting about, you turn around and beat him up.

I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.

Just once, I'd like to have an enemy against whom nonviolence would be a workable option -- workable in the sense of me not ending up dancing on the end of a spear or cut into tiny, bite-sized pieces.

Involve yourself with the world. Reach out. Touch. Taste. Live. Trust me on this one, if nothing else.

Slovotsky's Law #37: Some people need less attention than others.

When the student outsmarts the teacher, it speaks well for the student -- and probably better for the teacher.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

To qoute my former drill instructor:

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

dude, that ones a little old and faded don't you think?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Now, when I say, "Who's da mastah?" you say, "Sho'nuff!"
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

"I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four. "

I like this one. If it were beer instead of whiskey, then it would apply to you Oso!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

My old Shufu used to say, "If the body fails, you fall. If the mind fails, you stand. There is no shame in falling."

This, of course, when he had us in the horse stance for what seemed like hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    "I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four. "

I like this one. If it were beer instead of whiskey, then it would apply to you Oso!
    beer, whiskey...it's all got alkeehawl in it!

"Are you going to shoot pool or talk a lot of shit?"

"I'm going to shoot shit and talk a whole lot of pool", Clint Eastwood in Pink Cadillac (I think)
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    dude, that ones a little old and faded don't you think?
    Of course it is. I went to bootcamp in 1986. 20yrs ago.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Good one Judge, looks like a signature to me.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon best quote

" Real sharpness comes without effort. No growth without assistance. No action without reaction. No desire without restraint. Now give yourself up and find yourself again."--CTHD
    “Build rather than destroy,
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,
    For all life is precious,
    Nor can any be replaced” - Chuen Yuan, Li Shou, Pai Yu Feng