Thread: Iron Monkey

Abstract Guest

Iron Monkey

movie release is the 12th..is this the same Iron Monkey as IM2? or the 1st one? aren't there 2 Iron Monkey movies already made? I coulda SWORE i saw this flick already....Donnie Yen stars? :confused:

-------------------------
    In mildness is the strength of steel

shaolinboxer Guest
    Yes this film was orignally rleased in 1993. Took a while , didn;t it.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
    - Cat

EmptyCup Guest
    This is the original Iron Monkey that they decided to bring to the West 8 years after it was made!!!

Iron Monkey 2 was a piece of crap movie that borrowed the name of the superior original and was the worst movie ever made. Yes, this beats The Big Boss :D

Donnie should have his legs broken for making that crap...

Abstract Guest

i knew it...!!

my friend was tellin me, U GOTTA SEE THIS! i hadn't seen the previews yet, so when we saw it, i said, man, this looks MAD familiar...i DID see this on VCD a couple of years ago, soooooo, unless i get free passes, i ain't payin $10 to go see it again.

-------------------------
    In mildness is the strength of steel

Master_Mike Guest

Who is Iron Monkey

Seem you guys know a lot about Iron Monkey. So I need to know, who does play Iron Monkey, Jet Li, Chow Lun Fat, who?

Silumkid Guest
    The actor playing "Iron Monkey" is Yu Rong Guang. He has also been in Deadend of Besiegers, Green Hornet (HK version), Holy Robe of Shaolin Temple, and a few others.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

Black_Talon Guest
    Donnie Yen stars in it too, the movie was increddible on the big screen i recommend it to all!!

Some may boast of prowess bold,
    Of the school they think so grand,
    But there's a Spirit, can ne'er be told,
    It's the Spirit of Aggieland

------------------
    ------------------
    UT Unlimited, your premier mapping site!
    Ace82@unrealism.com
    UT Unlimited

fmann Guest
    I didn't like this movie. The choreography wasn't bad but they visibly sped up the film such that it was much too choppy for my tastes.

Yuen Woo Ping's greatest stuff so far I think has been CTHD and Fist of Legend, IMHO. Possibly the Matrix in terms of cinematic appeal and not just purely the kung fu.

Iron Monkey Question

How do you say the title of this movie in Beijing Mandarin? Anyone know?

Thanks
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!