Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Real Shaolin by Alex Sebastien Lee

lucas knows what hes buying himself for the holidays
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

the real shaolin - thumbs up!

Ordered "The Real Shaolin" last week.

First the photography is amazing it further pressed my need to see China before i die. You get very close to the 4 guys in the movie and you develop incredible empathy for what they are going thru and what their lives are like. You are rooting for them very early on and want them to succeed at all costs, then the depression sets in. Its is tough to watch a ten year old whose mother left him at the temples gates be treated so poorly, the conditions that these guys live in will make you appreciate the west a lot more then we do. Sanda is an unbelievably violent and unforgiving event. Get hurt and cant train? you have very little left to turn to. I loved the movie will watch it again and again but be prepared. Its a wake up call of massive proportions. Mr Lee has produced a masterpiece it is the best 20 bucks I ever spent. CMA guys owe it to themselves to see this movie.

Thumbs up

Before i went to shaolin I watched some of those other documentaries like "myth and logic of shaolin kungfu" etc. After having been there I can't really watch those anyore. "the Real Shaolin" is the only one that captures the experince of training in Dengfeng. Excellent film
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Thank you Solo1 and Shaolindynasty! Hearing praise such as this makes the 5 years I spent working on the film all worth it!

Best,
    Alexander Lee

Thank you brother for making it.

I haven;t seen it yet.

Is it anything like Leslie Woodheads 1999 film "Kung Fu Business" which follows a couple of people as they enter the shaolin school to train and their different reasons for doing so. One guy can't complete the program and in it a guy from a wu shu university program is trying to get a job as a body guard and he is confronted with teh superior ability of a security guard who came from teh shaolin school etc etc. Pretty cool film as well.

I wonder if they are similar in flavour, but I guess I won't know til I see this one.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

For me one of the most powerful moments is when the french guy is explaining how that they were building character for buddhism but in terms of martial arts they were wasting their time. you could see him realising the myths he was chasing weren't real
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Win this DVD

Our biweekly online sweepstakes is offering REAL SHAOLIN autographed by director Alex Sebastien Lee. Enter for your chance to win. Contest ends 4/28/2010. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our winners are announced

See our Real Shaolin DVD autographed by Alex Sebastien Lee Winners thread.

Thanks again for the great prizes, Alex!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thank you again Gene and thank you to the winners!