Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling out Oso

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    thanks everyone...just spent 2 hours nursing the service van back as it kept cutting off every time I slowed below 20 miles an hour...gonna try to make the rest of the day better
    Could be a metaphor for life as an old, errm older, guy.

Happy Birthday Oso.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

happy beer day.

what you drinkin tonight?
    where's my beer?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Slow birthday means this still counts. Happy Birthday. Safe journey.

I No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    just got back in, a couple of students took me out for beer and pizza [pious]actually, I had the salad [/pious] ...really, i did, grilled chickens and lots of greens and shiat

a whole group of TKD people came in and one girl had a 'got qi' shirt on...started to talk to her but she was easily half my age so I didn't think the line "Do you know who I am?" would have been so smooth

GDA: i was drinking the Brown Bear Ale by Catawba Valley Brewing

http://catawbavalleybrewingcompany.com/beer.html

a good, very dark brown ale w/ chocolate and coffee flavors and a slightly toffee undertone

...thanks again everyone.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Hbd Oso

Beer ain't my cup o' tea but that means more for you!

If YOU thought she was worth talking to, then you should have just continued a pleasant conversation. Hmm..why would she recognize you? Were you wearing a Superman shirt ?

Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

one girl had a 'got qi' shirt on...started to talk to her but she was easily half my age so I didn't think the line "Do you know who I am?" would have been so smooth
    Hey, that's the benefit of being an old man: half your age is still legal!
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

If YOU thought she was worth talking to, then you should have just continued a pleasant conversation. Hmm..why would she recognize you? Were you wearing a Superman shirt ?
    lol, i'm sure you got the joke

JP: yea, maybe legal but i'm really starting to believe the 'don't trust anyone under 30' thing
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

I like the way you think JP.

Oso, the same pizzeria our group gathers at? What no challenges this time!?
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

JP: yea, maybe legal but i'm really starting to believe the 'don't trust anyone under 30' thing
    In my experience all women are crazy, but their psychosis shifts focus when they turn 30. There are exceptions, however, that make talking to the 20 something crowd worth exploring.

Of course, ignore everything I'm saying--I'm married now so its all academic from my perspective.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    I like the way you think JP.

Oso, the same pizzeria our group gathers at? What no challenges this time!?
    lol, no a different one. I stopped going to the other one because the beer starting sucking...I went so far as to talk to one of the reps from Highland Brewing and he gave me some down low on how they weren't keeping their taps clean

a real shame since they had the best selection in town but if you can't keep the lines and heads clean...

JP: yea, I hear you but I may be on sabbatical for a while...or I may just become the biggest ***** I can be...haven't decided yet

Happy B-Day brother! Wish I was there to buy you a cold one!

As far as women go.... dude, you should know by now they are all nuts! You just try to find one whose craziness you can deal with!

Cheers brosky,
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

True dat Jake, could not have said it better!

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Thanks, Jake. I have to own this one though.

I have owned many Oso, probably explains why I did not get hitched until I was 43. Then I fooled this Puerto Rican Princess that I was a nice fellow, unbeknownst to her!

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

maybe there is hope for me yet at 41