Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: least favorite style

I stand by that any practicioner who thinks that staggering around acting drunk will help them win a fight is in for a shock first time they attempt to apply their stumbling antics.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Olympic Tae Kwon Do

I understand that this is designed for sport and it has its place, but I wish that a lot of instructors out there would make their potential and current students aware of this. TKD can be an effective art in the traditional since, but the WTF (org. ?) does not have any effective hand techniques, if any at all, and makes this particular style ineffective to a certain degree.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Why dislike a style? It's the practioners that make a style stink.
    Not neccesarely, some styles are know for certain things. For example, BJJ known for ground fighting skills, TKD for high flashy kicks, boxing for hand striking skills and foot work, Savate for high kicks, etc.....

A person may not like kicking therefore TKD or Savate wouldn't be thier favorite. They would do better in kung fu class where kicking is about 40% and hands are 60% or boxing class.

Oh, now I get it. hmmmmm.... I still don't dislike any given style, but I loath kicks abouve waist high. It would be easier to state what I like about certain styles than to state what whole style I like or dis like.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I'm glad to see you think its funny.
    i'm glad to see that you see that i think its funny see?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Why dislike a style? It's the practioners that make a style stink.
    hence why i dislike mkrii's style
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Super ultra secret fact: mkriii is secretly the author of how to make friends and influence people.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

My least favorite style is whatever one the other guy is using to knock me on my ass. Yesterday it was H.S. wrestling after Little Rogue did a sweet take down on his dear old Pa. Last time I'll point out to him that he was starting his shoot too far out.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I kinda hate the mid 70's disco suit with platform shoes and large lapeled shirts style....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I can't stand the ghetto look. shoes untied, pants falling down, underwear sticking out, shirt too big, hat on sideways-they look like toddlers. Four-yr olds dress like that. Some even walk around with pacifiers. What's next-pampers?
    Could these people make themselves look any stupider if they tried? I think at this point, it would really take some work.
    I guess it serves a purpose. Now you tell if a person is an azole at a glance.

As far as styles of MA? I used to teach American kenpo(Tracy's/Parker/Chow), then at a time when I needed money, I was hired to teach Shaolin Kempo(Villari's)

With the American Kenpo, I liked the rapid-fire strikes, economy of motion,fluidity,and brutality of the techniques. I also liked the sparring-shoes, no gear, grabbing, hair pulling, groin,shin,leg kicks. It was crazy.

With the Shaolin Kempo-it looked like watered-down Kenpo, trying to look like bad Kung-Fu, with ridiculous made-up forms, Pinan Katas done completely incorrectly, and self-defense technique that would get you killed. I hated the way they marketed themselves, Ninja seminars, ridiculous attempts at chi-gung,uniforms with every patch imaginable,and the way they referred to FV as "The Mastah" (Boston accents) just nauseating.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 08-07-2008 at 02:38 PM.

TKD

Savate atleast has boxing and canes.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

i guess tae bo isnt really a martial art. so i guess ill change my answer to SUMO
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thumb wrestling....
    “Build rather than destroy,
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,
    For all life is precious,
    Nor can any be replaced” - Chuen Yuan, Li Shou, Pai Yu Feng

Chuck Norris is on the phone. He'd like to speak to you about the high kick comment.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    hence why i dislike mkrii's style

I have to agree with that. At least he didn't include his resume in this thread, or more racist comments. (yet)