Thread: Differences of Northern Styles

Differences of Northern Styles

Hey everyone, I think this might be my first time posting on this board. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to Nothern Kung Fu styles, so I figured this would be the best place to ask, right?

My question is this, outside of forms and techniques, what're the differences between some of these styles? So far my experience in them is only superficial, so I've only seen kicks, punches, jumps, strikes, etc.

What're the unique attributes of some of these styles? Do some of them develop different parts of the body, or have unique concepts or theories?

Thanks in advance!

Check our dear friend google

And you might also ask this in the Shaolin or general Kungfu forum, as this subforum is for mainly for the praying Mantis style.

My bad Posted very late at night and forgot this forum was only mantis! Well in that case, the same questions still apply, but only to mantis styles of course I'm very interested in the training methods to develop power and speed that are specific to these styles. Also, do any of the northern mantis styles include any Iron Body/Hand/Shirt/etc. training?

Smile

Technically, there is north by north western and north by south eastern martial arts. Truly northern style of martial arts is very hard to come by due to the fact that the north (ie Beijing area) is full of migrant from the "south "since Ming dynasty (1368 - 1644 CE).

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum