Ive started to build my own set with nunchuaku combining my shaolin red fist techniques and methods. as ive taught myself the nunchaku over a span of 8 years, the only formally learned material entering this will be from my xiaohongquan and dahongquan.

just for my own practice of course. something formalized that works what I feel to be realistic nunchaku strikes and techs with that of strong offensive, and defensive footwork. combined with kicks, hand strikes, blocks, and couple basic throws.

this will give me a great framework to practice all of my nunchaku techniques in a sequence.

im keeping with linear footwork as is the red fist boxing, but I will have focus to each side as well as forward and backward rotation.

ive been doing this for a few months now and have decided on my opening (nothing fancy, like a lot of kungfu, this is meant to be in the realm of realism as well) and the first several movements.

I am keeping this realistic, so the strikes are generally wide range, extended powerful strikes. simple hand offs, and defensive cover with the off hand as well as footwork/stances.

also to keep in mind I am using nice heavy oak chucks. each strike is meant to be able to damage bone.

I have to say, its some of the most fun ive ever had with my martial arts. im a bit of a perfectionist so I think this is going to take me a very long time to accomplish to my personal satisfaction. once I am happy with the outcome, ill try to find someone to film me and will post it.

dont hold your breath though, its going to be a while.