Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barack and John

Yeah, hiding in a hotel bathroom is very forthcoming

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    At Least Edwards was being honest and admitted to the affair and didnt pull a clinton on everyone.

Are you high? He did exactly that. When a whiff of this first came out years ago he did the Clinton, "I did NOT..." and blamed it on a Republican conspiracy and the press nodded in agreement and said no more about it.

And I take it you have as little respect for Mrs. Edwards as for Mrs. Clinton?

It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

At Least Edwards was being honest and admitted to the affair and didnt pull a clinton on everyone.

""The story is false," he told reporters then. "It's completely untrue, ridiculous." He professed his love for his wife, who had an incurable form of cancer, saying, "I've been in love with the same woman for 30-plus years and as anybody who's been around us knows, she's an extraordinary human being, warm, loving, beautiful, sexy and as good a person as I have ever known. So the story's just false.""

http://www.mlive.com/elections/index...air_he_de.html

"he repeatedly lied about an extramarital affair with a 42-year old campaign employee"

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5441195&page=1

Well Bush Lied about WMD's and as a result a few thousand of our soldiers are dead. Tens of thousands more in Iraq are dead. The administration lies on a constant basis, they deny everything and get you nimrods to believe it.

SO when i compare someone who lies about an affair and compare it to a leader of our Nation who lies about Iraq and people die as a result, i tend to play the lesser of the two evils, if you can even call what edwards did as "evil".
    Who here has not gone through infidelity? Seems to me that negotiating and reconciling infidelity is a showing of humility even in the face of a lie. Edwards is coming clean and purging himself. Clinton didnt do any of that really,but his lie as well as Edwards didnt get anyone killed. Someone being emotionally hurt yes, but you wont give him any credit because you disagree with him politically. Try looking at him from a personal perspective rather than a political one. i am. Can YOU? Ill bet we could dig up a ton of Dirt on you ,unkokusai, would it change how you are seen here on the forums? If you are a leader in your community you have to reflect the values of that community ,yes and i understand that, but no-one is perfect and i am not going to begrudge this man his opportunity to help dig a nation out of the sh!t that your party has buried it in.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

The problem with Edwards was the way he denied the story. Something tells me that she is not the only one.

In any case what does it matter? His political career is over.

By the way the story "It was hushed up" does not hold water. People have known about this since it happened.

Well Bush Lied about WMD's and as a result a few thousand of our soldiers are dead.
    I am not going to get into this with "you" because your a man-child but Bush never lied about WMD's.

Learning what you are talking about is the first step to taking responsibility for the path ahead of you. Take it for what it is worth.

Try looking at him from a personal perspective rather than a political one.
    That's the point. When you look at a political leader it should be from a personal perspective. It is the only real perspective you have at the end of the day.

SO when i compare someone who lies about an affair

But you said he "was being honest" and didn't "pull a Clinton" and those were both lies. You lied. You are a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Learning what you are talking about is the first step to taking responsibility for the path ahead of you. Take it for what it is worth.
    In the best case scenario Bush didn't lie. He simply made an assumption on incorrect fact. I don't believe it but it might be true....

and lets say it is...Isn't Bush guilty of not "Learning what he is talking about"?

Edwards is coming clean and purging himself. Clinton didnt do any of that really

That's another lie. He "came clean" and "purged himself" in exactly the same way Edwards did: when he had been completely exposed and had no other choice.

You are a liar.

The facts are that both John and Barack are media celebrities but it seems that McCain's know he will lose bigtime so he tries to paint Obama as more of a celebrity and the American people will not know the tricks being played.

McCain was/is the original celebrity while Obama is new to the celebrity game!
    WHo is better at it? Who really cares? Apparently McCain does hence the "politricks"!

unkokusai and others

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.