Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can ron paul actually win in 2008

can ron paul actually win in 2008

i dont know how your electoral system works

but is it just between obama and mc cain now?

or can you vote for whoever ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

He has absolutely zero chance of winning. Independents typically run to bring to light problems with the parties. In other words, if McCain loses because of Johnny McGibbets pulling away part of his voting base, then that might cause the GOP to look into why.

I think Ross Perot was the last independent to actually make a real effort to win.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

thats depressing.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

If you mean 'could', then yes, according to the electoral system he could. If you mean 'can' then no, he can't, as he's a dangerous freak who wouldn't get enough votes.

Instead, they may well go for McCain - a dangerous freak who could get enough votes, or Obama - who may well prove to be a dangerous freak. I love democracy. Where's my coffee?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Vote Johnny McGibbets!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    thats depressing.
    Two questions:

1) Why?
    2) Are you just about to make an ass of yourself? (With specific reference to (1) )

thats depressing.
    Not really.

The guy does not have the support of the American people to win. It is really that easy, be it because of funding, or his sometimes odd viewpoints, or the fact that a lot of the people who seem to really dig him think black helicopters are out to get you.....

Ron Paul's biggest problem was most of the people supporting him. He had some really interesting ideas.

People say they want change and want to 'throw the buns out' that are running the country into the ground but then when someone comes along wanting to change it all and throw the bums out they get scared because it's too radical and want to retreat back to the same ol' same ol'.

Go figure.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

there is no vote... it's all a smokescreen... barak will win the election, he was chosen to win. at the last minute hillary will be named his vice. hows that for a free election... it's been in the works for ages... hell do some research and you'll discover that barak is distant cousins to atleast 6 former presidents, including the one on the way out. democracy my ass... rule of demons is more like it. mark my words.

ron paul is wrong. sorry, i appreciate things like taxes funding education, and the police, and the post office, and the fire department, and roads. we tried the voluntary taxation thing once. it was called the confederacy and it didnt work.

I also love it when politicians come up wih groundbreaking ideas not knowing that half of their plans are state issues, not federal ones...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

For all the good points ron Paul makes, the big bite in th ass is his isolationist view and his borderline nutjob views of how a democratic nation should be run. apparently, it shouldn't!

If he made pres, he'd fire himself as his first duty in office.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Ah uki. Interesting point of view. You may want to look at the link below. I suspect it will make more sense to you, than me.

http://www.mefst.hr/~dr/data/zezanci...conspiracy.jpg

Enjoy!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    i dont know how your electoral system works

but is it just between obama and mc cain now?

or can you vote for whoever ?
    you can vote for whoever you want.
    Does anyone not representing the two major parties have a chance of being president?... not in our current climate.. but thats our choice really.

can that person "win"? that depends on what you mean by winning. Allot of people said the green party won in 2000 by stealing votes from Al Gore (PMRC big government nut job). By not voting for one of the two major candidates (not voting, or by voting for someone else) you are sending a clear message. Your not stupid, your not going to blindly follow idiots, and something is going to change before your going to give them your vote. (I said change.. does that mean I need to pay heusan obama?)

short answer ron paul never had a chance in hell of being the president , but you can annoy people by voting for him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    there is no vote... it's all a smokescreen... barak will win the election, he was chosen to win. at the last minute hillary will be named his vice. hows that for a free election... it's been in the works for ages... hell do some research and you'll discover that barak is distant cousins to atleast 6 former presidents, including the one on the way out. democracy my ass... rule of demons is more like it. mark my words.