Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cop in coma from RNC

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Actually a nice little IP trace would reveal who it is. But i dont need to do that, i already KNOW who it is. anywhoo.
    yeah it is probably some twad who runs a school and calls himself a master or instructor or something. a few of those guys have wonderful vocabularies and some get sick to their stomachs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post
    To me, a "rear naked choke" implies that the person being choked is having his airflow cut of by an opponent who has him in a choking position.

ATTEMPTS at rear naked chokes can easily be defended in the ring. But once the choke is landed and pressure applied, that's when it's virtually impossible to escape. And even if the defender escapes, the judges will award significant points to the choker. Either way, it's a losing proposition.

The officer in question was choked to the point of nearly death. Had he been trained in nonMMA ways to break the rear naked choke, he would be in better health today.

To me, the semantic details of what happens within the rules of a MMA ring have absolutely no bearing on reality combat.
    It's a point of semantics I will argue. A fully applied RNC that is escaped is a RNC attempt that failed, but was still technicallya RNC. I've herd that a properly applied RNC is virtually impossible to escape. But I say it is only imposible to escape below certain skill levels, both in the ring and out. This being said, every one gets caught from time to time. You do not know if the bouncer had any training on how to escape them in "reality combat.: You do not know if the perp had any real training in fighting, either. There is not enough actual fact know about that fight to make a judgement like the one you put forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Becca, I won't argue against you for the sake of arguing.

All I know is that somebody got hurt in a way that possibly could've been avoided. No amount of theorizing can change what actually happened.

Anybody can get caught in a bad situation, and no amount of training makes anybody invincible. All one can do is train methods that hopefully increase the odds of surviving common attacks like the rear naked choke, then hope for the best.

Semantics are for ring judges who CHOOSE the winner of a tournament exhibition bout. That's not so in reality combat.

There is absolutely ZERO room for semantics in surviving reality combat encounters, legally and physically.
    Last edited by Kevin Huang; 08-19-2008 at 09:39 PM.

We should all take a moment to welcome our new troll - Kevin Huang

Now, that being said, let's all take a moment to put him on "ignore" and take the oath to pretend that he doesn't exist at all
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Um, hello lkfmdc.

I don't have a problem with you or anybody else. Actually, I feel privileged to be posting on the same forum as you.

I haven't even been here 24 hours, and I'm already being called a "troll"? NICE!

Um, hello lkfmdc.

I don't have a problem with you or anybody else. Actually, I feel privileged to be posting on the same forum as you.

I haven't even been here 24 hours, and I'm already being called a "troll"? NICE!
    Ross (lkfmdc) calls anyone a troll who states an oppinion that focuses on "reality fighting". I have tosay, that is also what got me going after you. Only dipwads of McDojo grads think there's all that there is such a thing as an uber deadly streat only, too deadly for the ring technique, let alone whole style of fighting out there.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Becca, I won't argue against you for the sake of arguing.

All I know is that somebody got hurt in a way that possibly could've been avoided. No amount of theorizing can change what actually happened.
    That being said, you did spacifically state that:

The officer in question was choked to the point of nearly death. Had he been trained in nonMMA ways to break the rear naked choke, he would be in better health today.
    Yes, all fights can theoratically be avoided. And bouncers do in fact have high risk jobs. We even have a long time bouncer on this board that once ended up down an elevator shaft. Notice that he his not one of the morons spounting off about a lack of saftey, stratagy, or training. His only comment were along the lines of how bouncers usually work in teams.

To me, a "rear naked choke" implies that the person being choked is having his airflow cut of by an opponent who has him in a choking position.
    RNCs do not cut off air flow. It's a blood choke.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Actually, you've been here before. You run the school in Arizona, right?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimaroon View Post
    Now, post how many cops, daily,hourly by the minute are choking out, macing, billyclubing, molesting,raping........
    Here...this was in yesterdays paper.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08192008...eat_125110.htm

-jo

Man thats terrible. That's why i love law enforcement so much

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Man thats terrible. That's why i love law enforcement so much
    From todays paper...it just gets worse and worse.

City leaders must get serious about policing the police
    BY CHRISTOPHER DUNN & DONNA LIEBERMAN
    Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 4:00 AM

Hermann for News
    Police Commissioner Ray Kelly
    Caught on videotape: An NYPD officer lowers his shoulder and viciously levels an innocent bike rider in the heart of Times Square; another officer repeatedly hits a man curled up on a public street with his baton in broad daylight; and yet a third officer beats a handcuffed man with his baton, takes a break to answer his cell phone and then resumes the beating.
    Shocking as these recently revealed incidents are, they are no surprise. Rather, brazen attacks like these are the predictable result of Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly's decision to turn a blind eye to officer misconduct over the past few years.
    Most complaints of police abuse of civilians are investigated by the Civilian Complaint Review Board, an independent city agency. But when the board finds misconduct has occurred, Kelly controls whether the Police Department pursues the case. He also has final say over all discipline, which can range from merely giving verbal "instructions" about how to handle future civilian encounters to firing the officer. And Kelly doesn't have to explain his decision to anyone.
    During Kelly's most recent tenure as commissioner, discipline of officers found guilty by the CCRB has deteriorated dramatically. Between 2002 and 2004, about one-half of those officers received discipline more severe than instructions, about one-quarter received instructions, and a tiny number of cases were closed by the department without further action. (The remaining cases ended without discipline for miscellaneous other reasons.) Since 2005, however, only one-quarter of officers have received punishment more severe than instructions - half the rate of the three previous years. Conversely, slap-on-the-wrist instructions rose dramatically, comprising more than half of all cases completed in 2006.
    Most troubling, the rate of cases the department has simply closed without action or discipline has spiked, from less than 4% each year between 2002 and 2006 to nearly 35% in 2007 and more than 30% so far this year. As a result of all this, the proportion of officers given only instructions or whose cases are just dropped has more than tripled since 2002, rising in 2007 to 66% of the cases where the CCRB had found misconduct.
    And we are not just talking about minor misconduct. Officers using excessive force against civilians - the most serious form of misconduct - accounted for more than 10% of the cases dropped in 2007 and more than a quarter of the cases so far this year. Meanwhile, minor misconduct like offensive language or discourtesy has accounted for less than 5% of the dropped cases since 2006.

-jo

well obviously you know nothing because the basic premise for that choke is to cut off blood supply to the brain hence why pressure is applied at the sides where the main arterys are, hence you whole argument is flawed in that you dont know the first thing about what you are talking about.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I won't post on this thread anymore.

Since you guys are telling me that a rear naked choke DOES NOT cut off airflow, I cannot and will not continue this discussion. My opinion on how I feel about your views shall stay my own.

I'm out. Good day.

I won't post on this thread anymore.

Since you guys are telling me that a rear naked choke DOES NOT cut off airflow, I cannot and will not continue this discussion. My opinion on how I feel about your views shall stay my own.

I'm out. Good day.
    You were exposed for lack of knowledge on the technique...that's all that happened. Don't get hurt because you got called out.

But to your credit you can apply an RNC to affect airflow by placing the forearm across the trachea as opposed to having the elbow in front of it. That however, is a more inferior method than a blood choke and thus not commonly utilized. That's why everyone got on you about the RNC. In the military we learned both versions, but again, one is less effective than the other.

As long as you don't pull a HW8 and start spouting off about non-realistic things or talking about subjects you really have no training in...you'll do fine here.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."