Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eclectic

Eclectic

What about the Krav Maga or Systema system

While Krav Maga is good in the military sense, the civilian version taught to Americans is nothing of the sort. Systema I hear only B.S on.

Stick with what works. Take a look at what pro's and law enforement and military work with. In general if it's something taught at the local gold's gym...I wouldn't take it as anything worthwhile.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Dear Van

Do you know what s u talk about or just give ur opinion .....I mean giving ur feeling without any experience of this system ...just talk

for me

Krav maga is like Kajukenbo .....Systema is a modern pa kua style....very effective
    but a advance system for advanced students....

Steeeve

Advance systems for advanced students? Is that the new euphemism for looks cool but doesn't work?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Dear Van

Do you know what s u talk about or just give ur opinion .....I mean giving ur feeling without any experience of this system ...just talk

for me

Krav maga is like Kajukenbo .....Systema is a modern pa kua style....very effective
    but a advance system for advanced students....

Steeeve
    Yes...it is an educated opinion. There are some places here locally that teach Krav Maga, but again, the civilian version is not the same as the original stuff. It's been altered to appeal to its target market.

Systema, yes it's only an opinion. Still educated though. I've done a lot of martial arts, and unless this guy came up with a new physiological way for a person to move--than I believe the hype out there that says it's b.s. Think about it...
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Well Van

Whos dont alter their style or system to appear to their target market....

Whats ur background

Steeve

Well Van

Whos dont alter their style or system to appear to their target market....

Whats ur background

Steeve
    The real question is who DOESN'T change the style to fit a target market? I don't feel that martial arts is a product that should be changed or watered down just to make a buck.

My background? What's your background?

Legal

Both of these systems are very effective self defense systems with a highly aggressive nature.

As long as the practitioners stay within the narrow confines of what the law allows people to do in reality encounters, everything will be fine. That holds true for ANY martial art.

Practicing arts like these also improve one's self confidence and self image. That's more effective in preventing street violence than anything else.

Van

Just take a look to ur site

Why all this show off thing if you preach effectiveness....you look to be a movie stars my friend ...dont take it bad ...

For my background ...Kajukenbo ,kuntao silat ,kali ...some wing chun(yip man and YKS) ,praying mantis(northern and southern),pa kua ,hsing I .....

Whats ur now......Do you do some Viet vo dao ??????Vo Vinam or ????

Steeve

Kevin

U are a very intelligent guy......

Take care Bro

Steeve

Thank you, Steeeve.

I have a student that trained Systema. It was pretty tough training, and most of the students didn't last.

Nowadays, I look at the practitioner and not so much the style. In any martial art, there are guys who can make that art WORK.

Van

Just take a look to ur site

Why all this show off thing if you preach effectiveness....you look to be a movie stars my friend ...dont take it bad ...

For my background ...Kajukenbo ,kuntao silat ,kali ...some wing chun(yip man and YKS) ,praying mantis(northern and southern),pa kua ,hsing I .....

Whats ur now......Do you do some Viet vo dao ??????Vo Vinam or ????

Steeve
    Not taking anything "bad". You're the one that seems to have a problem with my opinion as it doesn't seem to suit the response you were hoping for. I guess people are only intelligent when they agree with you huh?

And since you've checked out my page, it seems you should already know my background. If you'd read closer, you'd see that my interests lie in both entertainment and full contact fighting. No martial influences from Vietnam.

Van

U are also intelligent and very good

Steeve

Gosh thanks! Note the sarchasm there. I only mentioned that to point out the process of your mindset.

Bro Van ...

Im sure ur good and fast ..... and intelligent young chicken...hehehe just a joke

No sarcasm ....men im sure u done some viet vodao ........ur vietnamese ?

like Kevin said

Nowadays, I look at the practitioner and not so much the style. In any martial art, there are guys who can make that art WORK.
    08-20-2008 02:09 AM