Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,001 ways to strengthen the fist

10,001 ways to strengthen the fist

that's the challenge that's the goal. 10,001 ways to strengthen any martial arts-kung fu fist... hand, claw, hook, ox tongue, paw, knife, etc, etc. that's what's it's about... the fist. root with the feet, direct with the waist, express with the fist; no double posting on techniques, first come first counted. variations are permissible, provided they work just one different muscle somewhere in the body. please adhere to an honor system, personally do the technique once or twice, or rather, be willing to demonstrate given any opportunity which may so arise during the course of your life...... have fun. let the games begin!! DONG!!

i'll get the first few out of the way.

juggle 3, nine pound iron balls.

pushups on back of hand holding 9 pound iron balls.

push ups on back of hands in the mantis claw formation.

juggle 3, four pound iron bars(as juggling clubs), catching in the dragon palm hand position.

push ups on knuckles with back of hands facing ears... two extreme rotations of opposite are possible.

push ups on back of wrist in mantis claw, forefingers pointing opposite ear opening.

juggle three bricks.

punch things.

a lot.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

chopping wood by hand with a maul... wooden, fiberglass, or metal handles... 3 more.

to appease resident skeptics...

here is two pictures of back of hand push ups. taken today... 8-13-08. a great hand, fist, wrist, forearm, shoulder, etc, exercise.

iron ball juggling with just the thumb, index, and middle fingers.

push ups on the edge of willow palms.

extending fingers, only bend the first finger joints of each finger as quickly as possible.

do push ups holding up ended bricks.

lift FHA's and regular blocks with back of hands.

climbing scaffolding using only mantis hooks.

carry cement in 5 gallon buckets with ox tongue(handle rests on wrist crease).

push ups on finger tips.

push wheel barrows in reversed grip(palms facing outwards).

Crush stone with hammers of various sizes and weights.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Crush stone with hammers of various sizes and weights.
    i like that one... then you could put the crushed stone in a container and strike it with various fists... or fill a sturdy sack with it to make a throw and catch bag for tiger claw grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i like that one... then you could put the crushed stone in a container and strike it with various fists... or fill a sturdy sack with it to make a throw and catch bag for tiger claw grabbing.
    heck ya. thats a good addition.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    here is two pictures of back of hand push ups. taken today... 8-13-08. a great hand, fist, wrist, forearm, shoulder, etc, exercise.

just curious, would this lead to some type of arthritic type problems down the road, since it is on the joint of the wrist? not instigating, just wondering.

do push ups while holding onto sticks/poles hammer fist style.

various rotations of the wrist and arm with a sledgehammer or traditional block

tiger,or other claw type, grabs into sand

I use an eagle catcher too. those things are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinrohrman View Post
    just curious, would this lead to some type of arthritic type problems down the road, since it is on the joint of the wrist?
    perhaps if you are going until you drop and bleed and your wrists are black-n-blue... be smart. practice smart.

play catch with a hardball bare handed.

hand sand a wooden walking stick to finish.

learn a few tricks with a fingerboard.

Since we no longer look to hold jobs of hired soldier or hired killers we can not really justify the need to abuse out hands. I am getting on in age, and in my youth I did lots of things to harden my hands into terrible weapons. I lost dexterity in both hands. I can no longer form a decent fist with my right hand. I have broken both thumbs, several fingers on each hand and the joints suffered such massive damage that Arthritis is prevelent. I suffer pain and lack of use in both hands and I owe it all to my willingness to abuse them. I believe some of us are more liable to have arthritis than others, but I also feel that we each and every one can suffer eventual lose of dexterity and possibly proper use of our hands by this abuse. I know that some will disagree with this, but you are probably still quite young and have yet to feel the ravages of arthritis and crippled hands. I only personally know a few old gung fu fighters, but of the few that I do know, most have crooked and twisted fingers and hands. Their hands are still deadly weapons no doubt, but they have a hell of a time performing even the slightest of other functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Since we no longer look to hold jobs of hired soldier or hired killers we can not really justify the need to abuse out hands. I am getting on in age, and in my youth I did lots of things to harden my hands into terrible weapons. I lost dexterity in both hands. I can no longer form a decent fist with my right hand. I have broken both thumbs, several fingers on each hand and the joints suffered such massive damage that Arthritis is prevelent. I suffer pain and lack of use in both hands and I owe it all to my willingness to abuse them. I believe some of us are more liable to have arthritis than others, but I also feel that we each and every one can suffer eventual lose of dexterity and possibly proper use of our hands by this abuse. I know that some will disagree with this, but you are probably still quite young and have yet to feel the ravages of arthritis and crippled hands. I only personally know a few old gung fu fighters, but of the few that I do know, most have crooked and twisted fingers and hands. Their hands are still deadly weapons no doubt, but they have a hell of a time performing even the slightest of other functions.
    moderation is the key... well one of them... the other is simply, mind is the path. having said that; it's all in the DNA.

so do you have a technique to share that will eventually cripple our hands?