Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,001 ways to strengthen the fist

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    tossing a bowling ball in an arch over your head from one hand to the next.
    could suck if you screwed up.

Breaking Things.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    could suck if you screwed up.
    makes the quality of the practice much more enjoyable knowing that you could smoosh your head like a melon... creates an atmosphere of concentration. i usually throw them like 6 feet or so in an arch, catch and sink into horse... stand and throw... repeat.

one handed cartwheels...

tiger walking on your finger tips!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

tiger walking on your finger tips!!!
    once i ate mushrooms in the woods and crawled around on all fours for a couple hours.

crab walking on your fingertips.

cartwheels on your knuckles of a closed fist.

push ups on back of hands, go down, push up(taking hands off the ground) and rotate to palms down, land and go down, push up and rotate hands, land on back of hands. repeat the pattern, throw in some fists or other hand variations in there.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinrohrman View Post
    just curious, would this lead to some type of arthritic type problems down the road, since it is on the joint of the wrist? not instigating, just wondering.
    Use a good dit da jow afterwards. One that promotes blood circulation.

hand stand pushups. alternating between fist, fingers, and palm.

also develops some nice strength.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    hand stand pushups. alternating between fist, fingers, and palm.
    also develops some nice strength.

I like handstand push up. Also like the back of your hands or the wrists for push ups. Good way to build wrist strength. Wrist strength is important for snake style and various other styles of kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I like handstand push up. Also like the back of your hands or the wrists for push ups. Good way to build wrist strength. Wrist strength is important for snake style and various other styles of kung fu.
    true that. i remember incorporating this after watching drunken master lol, when the old master is training jackie and making him flip his hands after each push up.

Playing with those stress things!

Baoding balls!!

iron chain training is another method... here in this picture, , i am holding the ring of the chain on extended arms, it's weight being approx at 130lbs(i haven't weighed it, but it's far heavier than a bag of portland-94lbs)... the weight falls(hangs) lower than ones center of gravity... while holding the ring, one can alternate pulling it apart or pushing it in during the inhale or exhale... a variety of combinations are possible... obviously you can see the extent of proper concentration or else one might pitch over onto the concrete 9 feet below... the chain also has a hook at the end to added more weight...

man i wish i lived at your house !

man i wish i lived at your house !
    why do you say that?

because it looks like a great place to train from all your pictures. looks secluded, and with lots of room and wilderness.

i live in the city, sooo...not so much.

I have to admit, for an apartment, my place isnt too bad. but its still an apartment.

Also I think the neighbors above, and on both sides of me hate me when I train

because it looks like a great place to train from all your pictures. looks secluded, and with lots of room and wilderness.
    it's actually an illusion... i live on 3.5 acres(we own) in the middle of a town, my driveway is a right of way and no one will ever develop around me, yet 30 seconds in a car and you have 5 banks, 4 gas stations, a strip mall of outlet store, I-80, and all the hustle and bustle of a large suburban like rural town... in my yard you can hear the highway... but i must admit it is still quite nice... luck of the tiger i guess...

I guess it all comes down to the fact I have no motivation to buy a house.

I'm thinking I'll buy a boat in at least 10 years and live on that.

Hmmmm, I wonder what it would be like to practice kungfu to the rolling of waves....

My mother lived on a 45' sailboat and just traveled. I was fortunate enough to be able to visit her when I was younger, and that experience has always made me want that life.

besides, i always wanted to die fighting the planet, like in a raging storm that consumes every trace of me.

we'll see

most trolls live under bridges... eh? hahahahaha!!!! i love this forum.