Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,001 ways to strengthen the fist

would that make everyone else billy goats?

oh wait, IM A GOAT/SHEEP/RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    would that make everyone else billy goats?
    three billy goats gruff... a favorite book of my daughter.
    oh wait, IM A GOAT/SHEEP/RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    which one? metal, water, wood, fire, or earth?

i am yin

my year sign is earth but my fixed sign is fire
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

my year sign is earth but my fixed sign is fire
    how came you by your fixed element?

i did some chinese horoscope stuff on the internet.

here is what it told me:

Birth Data: lucas

Birth Date: October 5, 1979

Introduction

This unique reading is based on Five Element Theory, one of the oldest ideas used in Chinese astrology and a key component as well of Chinese philosophy and medicine. The five elements are associated with the five directions (North, South, East, West and Center) and as such have a 4,000 year history in Chinese thought. In contrast animals have been used as convenient short hand for designating years but not as integral components of horoscopes until very modern times. Even today many traditional astrologers do not even mention animals in their readings!

Simply put the theory states that the energy of the universe manifests itself through five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. Ideally there is a roughly equal number of each element in a chart, thus signifying balance and harmony.

The reading to follow explains how the elements in your chart reflect your personality. There are two primary considerations: the number of times each element appears in the chart and their overall balance.

Your Chinese Astrology Signs:

Year Earth Sheep
    Month Water Rooster
    Day Fire Sheep
    Year Element Earth
    Year Element Polarity Yin (-)
    Fixed Element of Year Sign Fire

Section 1 -- Year Sign

The Chinese year sign consists of two characters, one designating an element and the other an animal. They are equally important in compiling and explaining a horoscope. In fact elements actually carry more weight. This is because each animal sign has a fixed element from which it derives many of its characteristics.

Your year sign is Earth Sheep

Fixed Element

Each of the 12 (animal) year signs is associated with one of four elements, Wood, Fire, Water and Metal, three signs for each element, Wood with Tiger, Rabbit and Dragon; Fire with Snake, Horse and Sheep; Metal with Monkey, Rooster and Dog; and Water with Pig, Rat and Ox. Some astrologers, however, also use Earth. For them, Earth goes with Ox, Dragon, Sheep and Dog.. The other signs have the same correspondences. In fact the Ox, Sheep and Dog are rather, down-to-earth type signs. The Dragon, however, is the most quixotic of the 12 signs. This reading uses the first method, which is the one most commonly used.

Since each of the four elements is associated with three very different animal signs, it is not surprising that their influence is manifest in different ways. Consider Water for example. In the Pig it is exhibited as a go-with-the-flow approach to life, not unlike Water taking the shape of its container. In the Rat there is mental and physical dexterity. And, the Ox is fluid in the sense of adjusting to the demands of continually taking on the burdens of others. There are also similarities among the three signs, for example, an innate ability to develop communications skills.

Your fixed element is Fire

The fixed element Fire manifests itself least typically in gentle, if not timid, yin Sheep-sign people. Its influence, however, is still there, albeit in rather unexpected ways. Dynamism coupled with decisiveness is one of the primary qualities associated with Fire. In you that probably shows up in emoting rather than doing. In other words you are likely to be constantly and often effusively displaying your emotions. If Fire exerts an extreme influence, you could have a problem with lack of self control. On the positive side, you are probably enthusiastic and vivacious.

Charisma and flamboyance are other traits common to Fire-sign people. You may have an attractive if unassuming personality and to enjoy a fair amount of popularity. The lady Sheep will have the potential to display a charming femininity, as the Sheep is associated with the feminine. And, being a yin-sign person, you are likely to be more stylish than flamboyant in your dress and appearance. You like colorful surroundings and attire, but your tastes probably tend to run towards pastels rather than gaudy, bright colors.

With Fire there is likely to be a steamy, sensual side to you. Many people may not realize this about you due to your rather placid exterior.

A downside of your dynamism and passion is a tendency to have a short attention span and a quick temper. In fact an inability to complete what you start could be one of your major shortcomings. You may be a bit rash, which can result in your occasionally rushing into a situation without having thought through the consequences. This is most likely to happen as the result of an emotional outburst.

As Fire spreads until it is actively opposed, you are likely to have above average ambition. This is most likely to manifest as a desire for a higher lifestyle, perhaps a life of refinement.

Fire can warm if controlled or burn when not. You do not generally harbor grudges or seek revenge like the Snake when you feel you have been wronged, but you may have a tendency to tell everyone all about your woes, painting a rather unfavorable picture of those people.

Fire also instills in you a sense of adventure. As a mild mannered Sheep, this means something different from what most people would envision. Your excitement is likely to be sojourning relatively close to home, trying something new but not risky, and attending cultural or other social events.

i'll give you an idea of my life interplay with the energies... i myself am a wood tiger, my eldest daughter is a golden dragon, my second daughter is a wood monkey, my son is a fire pig, and my girlfriend is a water dog... it's a smooth ride down a bumpy path.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i'll give you an idea of my life interplay with the energies... i myself am a wood tiger, my eldest daughter is a golden dragon, my second daughter is a wood monkey, my son is a fire pig, and my girlfriend is a water dog... it's a smooth ride down a bumpy path.
    lol it sure sounds like it!

and i have three pekingese... a metal(gold) dragon, wood monkey, and an earth rat... dragon and monkey are parents of the rat... strangely odd...

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    true that. i remember incorporating this after watching drunken master lol, when the old master is training jackie and making him flip his hands after each push up.
    Playing with those stress things!
    Baoding balls!!
    You know what my sifu would do, he'd have me do handstands against a wall and place a bucket of water balanced on my feet and tell me not to drop the bucket of water.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    You know what my sifu would do, he'd have me do handstands against a wall and place a bucket of water balanced on my feet and tell me not to drop the bucket of water.
    haha

that sounds like a lot of fun. ever get any free baths that way?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    and i have three pekingese... a metal(gold) dragon, wood monkey, and an earth rat... dragon and monkey are parents of the rat... strangely odd...
    those little dogs are crazy looking

those little dogs are crazy looking
    no they are just crazy period... they have more of a history than most people can fathom.

today i decided to screw wire mesh onto a block chimney in preperation to stucco'ing it, i did it with a hand driver-drill... the old ones that look similar to the letter U.

pushing or pulling a cement mixer from point A to point B, sometimes with varying degrees of inclination and obstacles between them...

holding a job and being proficient in a data entry position most assuredly will increase fingertip strength for pressure point strikes and the like... perhaps we can stick a label on the concept; two finger mantis typing method.

i still marvel at the lack of parcipitation. for me, martial arts is always on my mind in some shape or form, from opening doors to using a trowel... the tao gives birth to 10,000 things, and i have yet to see 10,000 martial artist's give birth to one single creative idea on strengthening the fist. how's that for a lesson in the nature of the way.