Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so how lame is this?

I don't even know that the hell that is that I just watched.

They are protesting because.....

... That's what they do. They are too ugly and boring to make headlines on thier own merrits. They didn't choose that movie to protest, that was the only thing left to protest after those pesky PETA people took all the good protest material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Veering off

I don't want to be disrespectful to TT's original post but I am wondering if anyone went to see this movie and their thoughts about it.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    I don't want to be disrespectful to TT's original post but I am wondering if anyone went to see this movie and their thoughts about it.
    Not yet; It was just released to the general public today, I think.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Thumbs up

Well, I went and saw the movie today. I took my oldest son, but not my yougest. And boy was I glad I didn't take him! It was a fantastic movie, but it was also a parody of every friggin bad Hollywood Vietnam movie out ther, including profanity so think you could cut it with a knife. My 12-year-old is old enough to know that you can enjoy a movie without thinking he needs to act/talk like the actors. My 6-year-old would have been parroting it back like a prized Maccaw.

And after seeing the movie, I have to say: I can see why the huggy feely types would be up in arms. It wasn't a few lines about 'retards", it was a main theme of the movie. And not a flatering theme, either. Still a great flick if you want some borderline mindless, gut busting good time.

talking about vanity or insecurites of men.

1. one has to be "retarded" to be liked or recognised.

2. one pretended to be a black dude character to be "somebody".

3. one "needed" to smoke pot to feel "better". b/c everyone laughed at him that he only knows how to f a r t and no talents.

4. one has to pretend to lose both hands and wrote a fake war tale and "live" a honored legend.

--

they all found themself back after some clashes and near death experiences (real) in the jungle of golden triangle.

--

yes, it is a long path to know what and who we really are.

but we are what we are and not other think who we are.

--

the asistant is good and not a monkey,

--

--

yeah, i thought it was a strange set of circumstances when a movie gets protested bc of making fun of mentally challenged people but robert downey jr can run around in black face and no one bats an eye.

i mean seriously he was one step away from singing "mammy."

anway, the movie was funny and i enjoyed it.

People need to pull the stick out of their @ss

This was the funniest most entertaining comedy i have seen in a very long time.
    The cameos were great and the subject material was very well done. You know Ben Stiller is ridiculous, and i think that is what makes him a pretty decent comedian/actor. Now i will admit that Stiller has been in some really crappy films but flicks like "Something about Mary, Zoolander, and now Tropic Thunder are a testament of what good comedy in these days and times are about.
    I left that theatre with a sore tummy i was laughing so hard.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I loved the part where Tom Cruis's charachter was looking all intend, hit a button on a remote. Out comes Low by Flow Rida and then he starts dancing. The look on whats-his-name's face was great!

HAHA yeah Cruise nailed it

I was thinking that Cruise's character was an amalgamate of ball bustin exec producers that Stiller and others have had to deal with over the years. TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.