Thread: Pretty Intereting breakthrough

Pretty Intereting breakthrough

For those that want to read something different. Rat brain cells used to power a robot. If anyone remembers Dr. Kevin Warwick was the guy who put the silicon chip in his arm back in the late 1990's so a computer could monitor him.

Think about how this could effect brain aliment research.

http://technology.newscientist.com/c...ed-robots.html

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    For those that want to read something different. Rat brain cells used to power a robot.
    interesting they used rat brain cells to power the robot and not human... tells you something.

If anyone remembers Dr. Kevin Warwick was the guy who put the silicon chip in his arm back in the late 1990's so a computer could monitor him.
    so lets everybody go run out and get microchipped to be monitored and stay safe.
    Think about how this could effect brain aliment research.
    would you really like to read my hypothesis?

interesting they used rat brain cells to power the robot and not human... tells you something.
    Rat brains are cheaper? Anyway, I'm sure the fact that the brain cells are living cells taken from rat fetuses would bring up all kinds of ethical/legal issues if they were human.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    Rat brains are cheaper? Anyway, I'm sure the fact that the brain cells are living cells taken from rat fetuses would bring up all kinds of ethical/legal issues if they were human.
    that highly depends on who is doing the research. persoanally i believe the post is part of a broader propaganda movement aimed at accelerating the acceptance of biological microchips being inserted into human beings... first they market it to help rescuse your lost dog, then to find your lost child, and now, well it's just becoming the hip thing to do... no cash society, complete bio-medical records, personal data... all under the skin for our very own persoanl safety in the interest of national security. just market it to the children, talk about how famous doctors are using the wonderful benefits of microchipping the population. soon everyone will be doing it just because everyone else is. it's just cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    that highly depends on who is doing the research. persoanally i believe the post is part of a broader propaganda movement aimed at accelerating the acceptance of biological microchips being inserted into human beings... first they market it to help rescuse your lost dog, then to find your lost child, and now, well it's just becoming the hip thing to do... no cash society, complete bio-medical records, personal data... all under the skin for our very own persoanl safety in the interest of national security. just market it to the children, talk about how famous doctors are using the wonderful benefits of microchipping the population. soon everyone will be doing it just because everyone else is. it's just cheese in the trap.
    Ah, so it's not just a hatred for cops, but an all-encompassing paranoia.....

I get you now.

I don't share Uki's views that police forfeit their status as human beings by dint of their profession but I do agree I ain't getting no microchips sewn up inside my skin, thanks.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

To me, this is a great step towards cybernetics. who needs kungfu if i can crush your skull in a grip made of stainless steel and hydrolics?

ill steer clear of the microchips, but hey, if I can be a roboterminator, bring it on.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    Ah, so it's not just a hatred for cops, but an all-encompassing paranoia.....
    never said i hated cops, i just understand the mentality behind them and the consequences it brings. i am far from being paranoid...
    I get you now.
    you haven't got squat.