Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biu gee

Biu gee

Dear all,

Is it possible for someone to tell me what is the purpose of having one hand in front of you and then flick your wrist three times in the last section of biu gee?

Thank you very much

Hitman

last section ? what lineage are you following for clarification of methods ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Dear all,

Is it possible for someone to tell me what is the purpose of having one hand in front of you and then flick your wrist three times in the last section of biu gee?

Thank you very much

Hitman
    In the BJ I perform, there is a Fok Sau with a "flick of the wrist" three times...is this the motion you speak of?
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Dear all,

In the BJ I perform, there is a Fok Sau with a "flick of the wrist" three times...is this the motion you speak of?

I was looking at several different wing chun books and some of them showed the "flicking the wrist three time". I have forgotten the titles of those books. I am not sure the name of this movement as the authors did not mentioned it, therefore, it could be fok sau. The movement was to flick your wrist up and down several times.

Thank you
    Hitman

Dear all,

I was looking at several different wing chun books and some of them showed the "flicking the wrist three time". I have forgotten the titles of those books. I am not sure the name of this movement as the authors did not mentioned it, therefore, it could be fok sau. The movement was to flick your wrist up and down several times.

Thank you
    Hitman
    Well..this is my take on the whole thing! The movement that precedes the 'high-powered Huen Sau' is generally either a Fok or a Jum, etc.

SNT and CK are all about the elbow. Elbow, elbow and elbow. The BJ is IMO about three things primarily. First is about getting or 'cutting' back to the centre, second is about Ging or relaxed energy, and third is about wrist (instead of elbow).

The 'flicking' is actually (the way I do it) a Huen Sau with a real good flick of the fingers at the end. This helps with wrist energy and also with building Ging into the motion. The reason it looks like it's going up and down is because after the flick, I perform a Fok Sau at the end...making a small circle. If you're following a book, it's likely that the full motion is being missed.

All the best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    Last edited by couch; 08-18-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Huen Sao, jut sao, huen sao, jut sao. You can add a pak or a fok sao if you want to. It is all about using your imagination.

Hitman's original post

They are 'Jut ging"- dont raise shoulders, dont bend elbows- when done right helps develop
    wrist and fingers. Do not tighten muscles. Helps in getting out of jams at close quarters- there are other applications as well. At close quarters-the arms wont be straight- but you would have learned how to empower the bridge(kiu), wrist and fingers by then.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    They are 'Jut ging"- dont raise shoulders, dont bend elbows- when done right helps develop
    wrist and fingers. Do not tighten muscles. Helps in getting out of jams at close quarters- there are other applications as well. At close quarters-the arms wont be straight- but you would have learned how to empower the bridge(kiu), wrist and fingers by then.

joy chaudhuri
    There we go!

This type of training helps immensely. When playing high-energy Chi Sau, I've only been able to pull off some really good Huen Sau's because of this type of form training.

It's quite an amazing system. After performing a section on the dummy, let's say, then you go back to the Chi Sau and it comes out of what seems no-where!

Best,
    K

the "flick the wrist up and down" is put to use in the 4th set of the dummy form. Just learned it today Its forarm energy the opposite direction not so much the finger in my opinion

I believe its the first movements in the Yip Man BJ
    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."-Psalms 144:1

"I Am The Punishment Of God, If You Had Not Committed Great Sins, God Would Not Have Sent A Punishment Like Me Upon You"-Genghis Khan

"The light of the eyes is a comet, And ones' activity is as lightning, The sword that kills the man; is the sword that saves the man"

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Jin Ken View Post
    I believe its the first movements in the Yip Man BJ
    I agree, as these 'flicks' appear after the initial logo, five fists and legwork. The 'start point' of BJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ... when done right helps develop wrist and fingers. Do not tighten muscles. Helps in getting out of jams at close quarters- there are other applications as well. At close quarters-the arms wont be straight- but you would have learned how to empower the bridge(kiu), wrist and fingers by then.
    Superb
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

...."keep back you guys , or I'll use my wagging finger techniques"....

to funny!

In TWC we don't use wrist flicks. We use Biu Jees like here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYcXbwKFpc
    Sifu Wan does something similar here around :08 and :15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtsEvZs2So8
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Dear all,
    Thank you very much
    Hitman
    Forgive me if im wrong but could you be talking about... Toi Sau ?

I only mention this because you wrote 'in the last section'..

My Bj has Fut Sao left and right then Pai Sao (looks like upper Guarn) this then turns to Huen and after Huen three wrist flicks are Toi Sao pressing back to the center.....

Sifu Wan doesnt do this in the link provided by phil so if you see it... im way off LOL.

Sifu Wong performs it here at 203 -

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WOEnxFyGA

Im now thinking i am a bit off cause there is no hand in front of you in the form at least, but im postin anyway

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    Forgive me if im wrong but could you be talking about... Toi Sau ?

I only mention this because you wrote 'in the last section'..

My Bj has Fut Sao left and right then Pai Sao (looks like upper Guarn) this then turns to Huen and after Huen three wrist flicks are Toi Sao pressing back to the center.....

Sifu Wan doesnt do this in the link provided by phil so if you see it... im way off LOL.

Im now thinking i am a bit off cause there is no hand in front of you in the form at least, but im postin anyway

DREW
    Apologies, but what is "Toi Sao?"

The way WSL is performing is close to my version. I flick the wrist and then return with a Fok Sau visualizing it sitting back on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    . . . . . .

DREW
    If you look at his and at the times I gave you will also hear him say Biu Jee in Cantonese. It is a finger thrust. I downloaded the clip. Maybe I can do a slow motion version for you.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr