Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biu gee

Drew. I just checked again and he does an upward biu jee and and 2 downward biu jees like done in TWC biu jee. I'm working on the clip now. The problem is that it might belong to someone so I won't post it on youtube. I can email you the slow-mo version if you'd like. I played it over 10 times and I clearly see it.
    PR
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 08-28-2008 at 07:38 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Jin Ken View Post
    the "flick the wrist up and down" is put to use in the 4th set of the dummy form. Just learned it today Its forarm energy the opposite direction not so much the finger in my opinion

I believe its the first movements in the Yip Man BJ
    In some words you are correct…

Ali Rahim.

All praise to Allah (God) the most merciful, master of the Day of Judgment…
    Thee do we worship and thine aid we seek…

Maaliki Yawmid-Diin

He called the first movement after the strike biu jee then he said seung dit? sau.I have to see the Chinese character for dit to know what that is. Maybe a native speaker might know. We call that movement Seung biu jee. I even noticed the one that he calls biu jee is armpit level. We use the same strike for Heart 1 under the armpit. The ones he called dit? sau are neck level could be Large Intestine 17-18, Stomach 9-10-12 etc. Now I know that things that look similar sometimes aren't. It's just what I see based on our Biu Jee form.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    If you look at his and at the times I gave you will also hear him say Biu Jee in Cantonese. It is a finger thrust. I downloaded the clip. Maybe I can do a slow motion version for you.

Sorry Phil.... see ive just confused maters now...LOL

I was refering to what i call Toi (toy) Sao or a pushing hand.... I see the BJ in the Sifu Wan clip ....

Just thought after the Orig Poster mentioned at the end of BJ it might be something different than what had been posted by others....

Apologies, but what is "Toi Sao?"
    The way WSL is performing is close to my version. I flick the wrist and then return with a Fok Sau visualizing it sitting back on top.
    Hey Couch,

Toi Sao for me is a press or 'pushing hand' tranistioned to from the Fook Sao back to center. I can see WSL do a similar movement. The pressure, touch point and direction of inch power (or wrist hinge movement ) may be different then my Toi Sao...is he using Jum ???

I think i have confused matters wouldnt be a first time LOL

Just for POV - my BJ goes.... Fut Sao left right. Pi Sao (looks like upper guarn but is half the angle in the forearm) then Fook sao turning to the outside followed by Toi Sao pressing back to center, then Fook turns again and you repeat three times then Fut sao is repeated on the other side....fook and Toi etc etc

Now I know that things that look similar sometimes aren't. It's just what I see based on our Biu Jee form
    No phil your bang on im the same at that part...

Its crazy how we could get this sorted in 2 secs if shown in person

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    Toi Sao for me is a press or 'pushing hand' tranistioned to from the Fook Sao back to center. I can see WSL do a similar movement. The pressure, touch point and direction of inch power (or wrist hinge movement ) may be different then my Toi Sao...is he using Jum ???

DREW
    Cool! Never knew this by another name. We just called it Fok Sau in our club. This was the motion I used to train in the Dan Chi Sau. Now I use Jum, but the Toi Sau was just as you explained, pressing (down and in) with almost the wrist and base of the palm with emphasis on the whole structure moving ever so slightly forward with elbow pressure.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

right jum strike + left tan strike attack the left flanks

left jum strike + right tan strike attack the right flanks

the striking / outside & inside of forearm energies stays constant throughout the system, from SLT and on, being nurtured and developed systematically, even into bg...meaning your relationship to the incoming line of force is all you need to guide you to what to use to attack back with...no mind. BG is a break from the normal 'bubble' of fighting. recovery.

jum is a constant force as is tan..the system is striking ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Cool! Never knew this by another name. We just called it Fok Sau in our club. This was the motion I used to train in the Dan Chi Sau. Now I use Jum, but the Toi Sau was just as you explained, pressing (down and in) with almost the wrist and base of the palm with emphasis on the whole structure moving ever so slightly forward with elbow pressure.
    Yep thats the one...

Its very useful in chi sao / poon sao, ive also found a niche for it in the clinch to gain space for punching my way out.
    Ive used Toi from a tight clinch to get enough space (only inches) to dig a good left body then right head shot respectively. Its been effective against my sparring partners.

Still not quite sure if this is what the Original poster was on about though

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Dear all,

Is it possible for someone to tell me what is the purpose of having one hand in front of you and then flick your wrist three times in the last section of biu gee?

Thank you very much

Hitman

Yah, the originator had just finished washing their hands before making up that section.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Hitman:

Can i ask where you train at?
    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."-Psalms 144:1

"I Am The Punishment Of God, If You Had Not Committed Great Sins, God Would Not Have Sent A Punishment Like Me Upon You"-Genghis Khan

"The light of the eyes is a comet, And ones' activity is as lightning, The sword that kills the man; is the sword that saves the man"

Looking at my response and what others are saying I think I had the wrong set altogether!!?

I'm in need of some more form training and BJ was my favourite in the day. Although I have to admit, much practise was done without guidance...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Katsu Jin Ken

Can i ask where you train at?

I am not attending any martial arts school at the moment due to injuries.

I am not telling you where I have been trained at, because most of the schools I been to the instructors were more interested in making money then teaching or their kung fu were poor.

Used to train at ASA martial arts till it closed down, now i train in my sifu's garage.
    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."-Psalms 144:1

"I Am The Punishment Of God, If You Had Not Committed Great Sins, God Would Not Have Sent A Punishment Like Me Upon You"-Genghis Khan

"The light of the eyes is a comet, And ones' activity is as lightning, The sword that kills the man; is the sword that saves the man"

In my organisation MAI:Wing Tsjun, although it is an EWTO/IWTA: GM Leung Ting Style based organisation we make kwan-sau(tan sau with lower bong sau) movement in biu tze form however i watched GM Leung Ting's videos and he didn't do kwan-sau but he instead did wu sau with gaun sau and i saw the same movement in TWC:GM William Cheung Style can u explain me this please...

The double gaan sao is a recovery movement....I've never seen the biu jee form with a qwan sao like that....you see that more on the Mook yan Jong

Thank you very much. And I want to correct my previous quote i said wu sau- gaun sau but it was double gaun sau. But still today i have watched some youtube EWTO(WingTsun) Biu-Tze forms and there was kwun-sau movements. It should be in 116 movements dummy form as you say because i have a book that GGM Yip Man makes kwun-sau to the dummy at early pages.Thanks for helping anyway.