Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biu gee

Yip Man taught Kwan Sau in biu gee to his Foshan students. The only Hong Kong student that had it in their 3rd form was William Cheung. Leung Ting added it to his Biu Jee in the early 2000's late 1990's after learning how Lun Gai performed his Biu Jee. That's why your Leung Ting video doesn't show Leung Ting performing it.

As a whole some wing chun families have it in Biu Jee but most don't. Many on the mainland don't have the Biu section but some do. Forms vary.

No comment on William Cheung or Leung Ting

But, en passim- the foundations of kwan sau are there both in the SLT and the chum kiu and you encounter it again in mook jong work. Biu jee goes on to work on other motions and structural adaptations. But it is all there. The forms are progressive- so that with practice, discipline and development at a good development level- it is all one form.

joy chaudhuri

Thank you very much hunt1

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    The forms are progressive- so that with practice, discipline and development at a good development level- it is all one form.
    Joy sir, you always seem to say it how it is. How many more gems can we throw out there for all to see?

Biu Gee? I think I know a 'version' that not many have seen! Lee Shing was a very private man, and his Biu Gee is totally unique fme. The order of sets and amount of reps per side is different from most. BG to me, is a very personal form as it's grown and developed over time as SLT & CK do also.

I'll have to post something on good old Youtube soon, and I'd love to hear what you all think, I think!

Anyone else got some clips out there of Biu Gee?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Your welcome Achilles.

Lonetiger is your BJ the same as Simon Lau's? I learned that one a long time ago.
    Also is your CK the same as Simon's? I ask because I always enjoyed the finish of that form wonder if that is standard for your family or Simons twist.?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    Lonetiger is your BJ the same as Simon Lau's? I learned that one a long time ago. Also is your CK the same as Simon's? I ask because I always enjoyed the finish of that form wonder if that is standard for your family or Simons twist.?
    I couldn't tell you I haven't seen Lau Sifus forms, only a few incomplete or edited clips. I personally wouldn't think that any of my forms look exactly like Lau Sifus, except that we may start with the same salutation (charp jeung gwa kuen) as this was a signature of Lee Shing. If you know of any good clips let me know and I'll compare.

I do have pien san kuen at the end of CK, which may be similar...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術