Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jet li "the one"

EARTH DRAGON Guest

jet li "the one"

Myself and my students of kung fu USA were invited to a private screening of jet li's new movie the one, It was the most faked special effects I have ever seen come out of hollywood, dont get me wrong I like some special effects but not in this feature. It was a cross between the matrix,
    timecop and a sci-fi flick with no story line. I was not impressed at to say the least. The best part of the film was when he is fighting himself and used ba gua zhang that part made us cheer, hoop and hollar! The worst part of the flick is at the end where without giving to much away or spoiling it for you movie goers was when he was thrown into prison his last words of the movie were I JU LAW I'M NOBODY'S *****....that was ridiculous and a extremly tacky way to end the movie and out right bad taste.
    Dont waste your money, or you will be sorry, leave the 2 thumbs up to the FONZ..........

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

taijiquan_student Guest
    Yeah. Our school got an invitation, too, but somehow we only received it at about 8:00, and the show was at 7:00. We were kind of annoyed, but the movie looked kind of ridiculous anyway, so we didn't really care. I'll probably still see it, but I know it'll be stupid.

"Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

joedoe Guest
    I like the idea behind the movie. I will see it anyway because generally I enjoy Jet Li movies no matter how sucky.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    You're fu(king up my chi

taijiquan_student Guest
    right on

"Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

shinwa Guest
    I think that was the best ending ever lol. So cool.

atsai Guest
    Based on the trailer, there're a lot of violatoin of Newton's third law of motion... They should all go to jail for that and be Newton's b!tch. :D

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

KungFuGuy! Guest
    The movie rules. Jet Li owns you all.

Kung Lek Guest
    i like the trailer where he hits the guy with the motorcycle. hahahahhahahaha.

it's all fantastic, fantasy...
    that's how it is , don't take it so seriously :D

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

soy Guest
    Hah yeah, my school got a ton of flyers and a bunch of free passes for an advanced screening airborne expressed to us. We were like wtf? Anyways, hardly anyone wanted to see it.

Kiasyd Guest
    You just told the end of new movie, that nobody saw? That´s spoiling!!! ;)

-- Kiasyd

Je Lei Sifu Guest
    I thought it was a pretty good movie myself. Well you know what they say about opinions. As far as the special effects, I never pay much attention to them. As a whole, I thought the movie was good, not the best, but good.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu :cool:

The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

Brad Guest
    I know I'm going to love it allready :D I enjoy the Matrixy computer effects and crazy wire-fu. Personnaly I find "realistic" martial arts movies increadably boring(unless it's Jackie Chan or Jet Li). I don't know if I've ever sat through an entire Bruce Lee movie without falling asleap.

EARTH DRAGON Guest
    I didnt really spoil anything just told you what he said at the end of the movie, which doesnt mean anything if you dont know whats going on.

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

shaolinboxer Guest
    I will see any movie this guy makes.

Did you know that for Shaolin Temple (his first film which grossed millions and is a true classic - especially if you want to see some sick wushu) he was paid $0.20/day?

I support Jet Li and Jackie Chan as much as I can, since relative to American martial arts film stars, these guys are underappreciated masters.

And how many times do we have to see talk show interviews where all Jay Leno or Letterman can do is make fun of their English?

There's always a few nifty new moves that make me smile, and every time I buy a ticket I feel like I'm supporting the best in the industry.

Tigerstyle Guest
    The movie was great fun to watch, I really enjoyed it! I think the people that were disappointed by "The One" were expecting to see "Shaolin Temple" or "Once Upon a Time In China". I agree with shinwa, the ending couldn't get better than that, lol :D!

I didn't read all of the previous thread, but I wonder if the people ragging on Jet Li for this movie are the same ones that were praising the kung fu in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" as they were flying around and running on trees ;) (I liked that movie too, BTW).