Thread: Hanna | Prime Video

Amazon TV show

I had a feeling this was going to go somewhere - I was thinking film franchise, but TV series works better.

MAY 23, 2017 9:00am PT by Bryn Elise Sandberg
    Amazon Orders 'Hanna' TV Adaptation to Series

nternational Studios.
    Amazon is betting on a film adaptation to be its next breakout hit.

The streaming service has greenlit a television adaptation of Hanna, Joe Wright's 2011 film starring Saoirse Ronan. David Farr, who co-wrote the original Focus Features film and most recently adapted John Le Carre’s The Night Manager at AMC, is set to pen the script. Wright will not be involved with the project.

Hanna is a high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama that follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is. Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements will serve as executive producers on the series alongside Scott Nemes and JoAnn Alfano for NBCUniversal International Studios. Scott Herbst and Tom Coan will be co-executive producers.

"From the moment JoAnn Alfano and I saw Hanna it was evident that the film would make an incredible TV series. Fortunately, David Farr felt there was more Hanna story to tell and wanted to revisit this extraordinary world. We’re excited to be in business with David, Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements, who share our passion for this compelling story," said Michael Edelstein, president of NBCUniversal International Studios. "The team at Amazon have been incredibly supportive, and we are delighted this show will air on a platform that continues to generate exceptional content."

"I am delighted to be able to return to the Hanna story," said Farr. "Joe Wright's movie was dazzling, but inevitably there were certain elements that a feature-length film wasn't able fully to explore. It's a pleasure therefore to be able to revisit the material in a longer format and take Hanna into whole new physical and emotional worlds. Amazon has shown such passion for the project and is the perfect home for Hanna." Adelstein added: "I am thrilled to be revisiting this fantastic story. Hanna is one of the highlights of my career, and I look forward to seeing this story continue with David Farr."

Based in London, NBCUniversal International Studios has delivered TV shows under its various in-house production labels, including Carnival Films (Downton Abbey), Monkey Kingdom (Made in Chelsea) and Australian-based Matchbox Pictures (The Nowhere Boys). Most recently, the studio acquired the rights to Out of Africa, and Heyday Television is set to adapt the Universal Pictures film into a TV drama in partnership with The Night Manger's Susanne Bier.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hanna Season 1 - Teaser: Baby Heist | Prime Video

I am forever grateful to the original film Hanna because through it, we got to meet Saoirse before she really blew up as an actress. Hanna: The Girl Who Kicked Ass was a fun review to write for that very reason. It was an absurd story, but it worked, largely due to Saoirse's star power. I'm not confident the new Amazon Prime series will be able to carry it off without her, but I'll still tune in and launch a new thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    #1 Saoirse Ronan is a very interesting young actress - she's one to watch in coming years.
    called it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hanna Season 1 - Teaser: Fugitive Fakeout | Prime Video

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips