Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shinjuku Incident

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    "Worse"?! Are blacks and Jews 'bad' in your estimation?
    "totally and irrevocably, horrid group of people.hitler should have wiped them off the planet"

you gotta be kidding me right? when i said worse i meant the thing about calling everyone and everybody that says one thing wrong about the group of people or race is immediately themed a racist. and fyi if you could tell by my avatar i am BLACK.................. and i live in a hessidec jewish neighborhood and i get along with my neighbors swimmingly.

Then why would you make those kinds of generalizations?

for the sake of staying on topic.......

im jut gonna ignore you and move on.

Maybe that would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    That's very humanitarian of you.
    hahahahahahahaha
    cause i enjoy violent movies.

whatever, i'm moving on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The HK press junket

Lots of star pics on the link below.
    "Shinjuku Incident" Cast in HK
    2009-02-26 11:27:46 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Liu Wei
    Cast members Bingbing Fan, Jackie Chan, and Jinglei Xu attend a press conference for "The Shinjuku Incident".

From left to right, cast members Bingbing Fan, Jackie Chan, Daniel Wu, Jinglei Xu and director Derek Yee attend the press conference for "The Shinjuku Incident" in Hong Kong on February 25, 2009. The $25 million movie is slated for Asian release in April, but will not be screened on the Chinese mainland for featuring too much violences. The movie is rated 2b in Hong Kong, which means "not suitable for young persons and children."
    Jackie Chan Not a Hero in New Film
    2009-02-24 17:55:45 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Ma Ting
    "The Shinjuku Incident", starring Jackie Chan, will be premiered as the opening for the upcoming annual Hong Kong International Film Festival.

Hong Kong director Tung-Shing Yee's latest motion picture "The Shinjuku Incident", will be premiered as the opening for the upcoming annual Hong Kong International Film Festival.

It's the first time Jackie Chan has dropped his characteristic choreographed martial art moves to play a role in a literary film, according to sina.com.

Starring action superstar Jackie Chan, mainland actress Fan Bingbing, and Japanese actor Masaya Kato, the film depicts a Chinese immigrant's struggle to make a life for himself in the 90s, as part of the underclass of Japanese society. Much of the film was filmed in Tokyo, Kobe and Sendai.

Director Tung-Shing Yee - an actor-turned filmmaker versatile in producing, directing and screenplay writing- is a two-time prize winner of Hong Kong Film Awards, a top honor in Hong Kong's film industry. He is known for his in-focus interpretations of reality and in-depth perspective on ordinary characters from different social circles.

"The Shinjuku Incident" is set for screening in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia regions on April 2.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Jackie gives up kung-fu films!!

Yea, right, just like when Jet quit.
    Jackie Chan on why he's given up kung-fu films + review of his new film Shinjuku Incident
    By Mirror Film Critic David Edwards at the Hong Kong International Film Festival 23/03/2009
    Jackie Chan and David Edwards

In a career spanning three decades, he’s made a fortune kicking the chop-sockey out of all comers.

From Drunken Master to Police Story to Rush Hour, Jackie Chan has become the most famous martial-arts expert on the planet. But now he thinks it’s time for a change.

“The thing is, I can’t just make Rush Hour one, two and three and Drunken Master one and two and Police Story one to six. I know I have to change,” he says.

“I’ve wanted to do it for the last few years and I hope people can accept it. I want to play a good guy and a bad guy and would love to be the Asian Robert De Niro or Dustin Hoffman.

“I don’t like the Rush Hour films but the fact is they generated hundreds and hundreds of millions and they’re paying us really well.”

It’s a shocking admission from the Hong Kong-born star – and just as surprising is his new film, Shinjuku Incident, which premiered at the festival the night before.

A world away from the frenetic kung-fu movies that made his name, Chan stars as a good-natured illegal immigrant struggling to survive in some of Tokyo’s seediest neighbourhoods. Gone are the martial-arts moves of old as our star plays a mild-mannered sap who finds himself slowly drawn into a bloody gang war. Chan’s character doesn’t hit anyone and, when he does face trouble, runs from the scene in tears.

The movie’s message is also unusual for Chan, presenting an adult look at how millions of Chinese immigrants flooded into Japan looking for work in the Eighties.

“I think the film will be a big surprise for a lot of people for people who expect me only to be running around breaking people’s arms and fingers,” he says.

“Last night’s premiere was exciting but I’m still wondering if a normal audience will accept it or not because it’s a really, really big change for me.

“I knew I had to change because you can’t be an action star forever but I do realise there are certain films I have to make, at least in Hollywood.

“So when I’m making an American film I just let them do what they want because they know the market. When I’m back in Asia I control my projects and make what I want. I make American films for American audiences and Asian films for Asian audiences.”

Meeting me at a hotel by the city’s harbour, Chan, dressed in a purple tweed suit, is refreshingly honest and open. Given his frenetic schedule, and the fact he turns 55 next month, he’s also surprisingly lively. “I had to rush over here from filming and after this I have to go to Taiwan and then Malaysia and then Singapore.

“And I’ve just come from filming! We were doing an action sequence again and again and I said, ‘Have you guys forgotten how old I am?’ I had to jump from a rock to another rock, jump into a tree and scale down it. That took seven takes. Seven takes! Everyone forgets how old I am.

“When I’m in meetings until 5am and then have to get up two hours later for filming, sometimes I ask myself ‘why?’

“I should retire but my secret is to keep working. I’ve just finished filming in America and in May I start Kung Fu Kid [a remake of The Karate Kid] and then another one after that.

“It’s non-stop but when I’m on a film set I’m full of energy, I think it keeps me young. The only thing I really like is making a movie. It’s like a holiday. You get up at dawn, work all day then go home, have a shower and have a drink, or sometimes not.”

Is there anything he doesn’t enjoy? His twinkling eyes look down at the table for a moment before he replies: “I hate interviews – but you have to do them. The whole promotional thing, flying places, checking in, checking out, coming back, and having to stay smiling the whole time. Seeing all the people, all the fake talk, ‘I love you so much!’ and then these interviews speaking about the same subjects.”

For a moment he looks almost serious, before breaking into a smile. “I only want my work to make people happy. Life is too short. My message is believe in yourself and never give up.”

• Shinjuku Incident – Review

It’s no more Mr Nice Guy for Jackie Chan as he trades his image of old for a morally-complex character who reluctantly becomes a gang boss in this thoughtful, if brutal, gangster drama.

A cross between One Nite In Mongkok and Goodfellas, the film’s already been banned in China for being too violent. It remains to be seen whether its blood and violence will get past British censors.

Chan plays an illegal Chinese immigrant called Steelhead (so called because he’s a mechanic) who arrives in Tokyo looking for his childhood sweetheart Xiuxiu. Nothing has prepared our good-natured lover for the harsh realities of life in Japan, however, and he soon falls foul of the local Triads. Forced into a corner, he must fall in with a rival gang to survive.

Lacking Chan’s trademark stunt and balletic martial-arts, Shinjuku Incident is many miles from the goofy charms of the Rush Hour series. Dark, grimy and filled with conflicted characters, it’s also a seriously bloody affair, with swords being jabbed through throats with alarming frequency.

Yet while it’s a departure for Chan, the film’s not quite the success he was probably hoping for. The trouble is, it’s a movie of two halves that don’t quite mesh. The first hour of this 166-minute feature is a gentle affair as we learn of Steelhead’s childhood and see his arrival in Japan. Then the gears crunch audibly upwards as we take a turn into flashy but familiar gangster territory. The ending’s a bit sappy, too.

Expect a UK release sometime this year.
    Check this out: "Let's Go" Crudo (dan the Automator and Mike Patton)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

**** all that lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Well, I'm happy that at least they're calling it the Kung Fu Kid instead of Karate Kid.

Like I mentioned in my deleted post, IMO Jackie is making the logical choice to become more dramatic and less action-oriented. He can still do action better than most anyone, but he's nowhere near where he was even 10 years ago, much less his peak, and that's only natural. However, I'm skeptical he could become the "Asian Robert DeNiro", due to Jackie's long-established image. But he could become the equivalent of a Dustin Hoffman; they already have a slight facial resemblance.

The Big Brother...

I'm still eager to see this - can Jackie pull off a decent film without kung fu?
    Softer side of Jackie
    by Sharyn Yap

JACKIE Chan fans may find his latest movie, Shinjuku Incident, a tad disconcerting as he’s not performing any kung fu stunts at all. But for Chan himself, the movie offers a fresh new challenge and several firsts where his career is concerned.

"The biggest breakthrough for me in this movie is that I’m just an actor – I was not involved in any other aspects of it," he says in Kuala Lumpur recently. Chan and co-star Daniel Wu (right) were in town to promote the movie.

"It was an agreement I had with the director (Derek Yee). I was not to give any opinion whatsoever; I could not change the script or the action choreography … it was very difficult [for me].

"This is also the first time I was a villain, sort of. The first time I play a man who don’t know kung fu, the first time as a village bumpkin, and also I had a bed scene and went naked!"

As Yee is one director he could trust, Chan was willing to go the extra mile. Yee had always wanted to work with Chan as long as 15 years ago, but not on an action flick. Now that Chan has come to realise he wants to be an actor who knows how to do action movies and not just an action star, the time is right for their collaboration.

"Too much of the same thing would become boring," Chan explains. "I’m getting fed up myself. I have been experimenting with different styles and I think if the audience can accept this one, I would be able to do anything. If not, it will be back to Rush Hour 10 or Police Story 20…

"To date, the public response [to Shinjuku Incident] has been good although there were some Japanese fans who stopped me in the street crying because they hadn’t wanted to see me get beaten up or dying."

The movie revolves around an honest tractor repairman from China called Steelhead (Chan), who steals into Japan’s Shinjuku district in search of his girlfriend. There, he sees the Chinese illegal immigrants like him being shunned by mainstream society and oppressed by both the Japanese Yakuza and Chinese gangs.

He decides to take a stand. He strikes an uneasy alliance with Eguchi, a Yakuza head, and is given control of Shinjuku’s night establishments. But all he really wants is a simple life and starts his own tractor repair business, leaving the rest to his friends.

But power corrupts and even his close friend from the same village, Jie (Daniel Wu), formerly a shy, simple-minded youth, is transformed into a demented druggie.

For Wu, playing Jie was challenging as he had to submit to a character change from a mild-mannered young man to one with outlandish make-up and a wild nature.

"In the beginning, we were afraid that the image was a bit too extreme," he says. "But in Japan, we discovered, they were even more so and we adapted to the Japanese style.

"To Jie, the make-up and wig were all symbolic of a mask for him to hide behind. It says ‘keep away from me’ but ultimately, he is a lonely and insecure character and I had to get into that mind-set for the role."

Both Chan and Wu agree that their favourite and most memorable scene was the one where Chan was nursing Wu, who had been brutally beaten. The two had a good cry, even after the cameras stopped rolling. "I was just sitting there and looking at him and he looked so sad and the tears just came," says Chan.

Another interesting scene was the bath scene, where the two actually bared all. "When we went to the bath, we were unaware that it was a public bath and everybody there was naked," reveals Chan. "At first, we had a towel on but then, it would look funny so I said what the heck, and ripped it off." He also ripped Wu’s towel off!

"I was not so much embarrassed but worried that people might make comparisons," Wu chips in mischievously. "After all, he is the Big Brother!"

Of course, fans in Malaysia will not get to see anything as the censorship board has been busy. We also won’t be witnessing Chan’s first bed scene.

"Overall, Yee wanted to bring to light the Chinese people’s life as illegal immigrants and after watching this movie, people will realise that being an illegal immigrant is not a good thing.

"The message here is that ultimately, no country is better than your own."

Shinjuku Incident is showing in cinemas nationwide starting today.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

$6 mill HKD opening

See 10 Questions for Jackie Chan TIME video

Shinjuku Incident

THIS is one Jackie Chan movie that is different. There’s no kung fu stunts here at all. Sure, he still fights – a bit – but with none of his famous nifty moves and beautiful manoeuvres in this rather intense drama about illegal Chinese immigrants in Japan.

Steelhead (Chan) is an honest, hard-working tractor repairman from China who makes his way into Japan illegally in search of his girlfriend Xiu-xiu (Xu Jing-lei).

Once there, he witnesses how the Chinese migrant community in the Shinjuku district is being hounded and oppressed by the yakuza and other Chinese gangs.

In order to survive, he is driven into an uneasy alliance with yakuza leader Eguchi (Masaya Kato), whom Xiu-xiu had married.

In exchange for his help, Steelhead is given control of Shinjuku’s night establishments. Since he is more interested in living a peaceful life with new girlfriend Lily (Fan), he leaves the business to his compatriots.

However, his friends end up being used by Eguchi to front the yakuza’s drug business. Feeling responsible, Steelhead steps into the shadowy world once more.

Chan is supported by an excellent cast of Chinese and Japanese actors such as Naoto Takenaka who is brilliant as Kitano, a cop who is saved by Steelhead and becomes his ally.

Veteran Hongkong actor Paul Chun Pui puts in an amazing performance as a Shinjuku resident who bullies those he can and kowtow to those he can’t.

Chin Kar-lok, the movie’s action choreographer, also has a notable role here.

But, of course, the most outstanding has to be Wu who plays a rather shy, timid young man who is swept into the murky world against his will.

Shinjuku Incident is entertaining in its own way – although violent – with pretty good interaction from the cast.

But as far as a Jackie Chan movie goes, it’s just not the same without those good, old-fashioned punches and kicks and death-defying stunts. – Sharyn Yap
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

more on Shinjuku Incident

Can Jackie break out of his typecast?
    Different light

Action superstar Jackie Chan broadens his horizons and shows audiences a new side to his acting prowess.

JACKIE CHAN will make you cry in this movie. Yep, there are no slapstick antics, no laugh out loud quips.

In fact, Chan has taken a huge leap of confidence in his latest venture, Shinjuku Incident. In this one film alone, the superstar – who has acted in over a 100 films in his long and illustrious career – boldly goes where he has never tread before. Chan tackles several issues he’d never considered touching in his 47 years of filmmaking. Renown for his acrobatic fighting style, comic timing and his innovative use of improvised weapons, Chan readily admits that “this is a film of many firsts for me”.

It is the first time he plays a non-fighter. It is the first time he plays a villain who kills people. It is the first time he does a bedroom scene, and drops his towel! And without giving too many spoilers away, this is the first time viewers will be moved to tears by the time the credits roll. (Malaysian moviegoers might not get to see several of the action star’s “firsts” though, as some of the more violent and sexy scenes have been censored.)

Yet, with all his “firsts” aside, the biggest breakthrough for Chan was actually succeeding in stopping himself from interfering with other aspects of filmmaking, and sticking to acting.

“Before we began filming, I agreed with director (Derek) Yee that I would only play the role of an actor and nothing else. He said if I made changes to the script or altered any of action-director Chin Ka-Lok’s fight choreography, then we might as well not make this movie at all.”

Chan agreed. “But it was indeed very difficult for me. As I watched the proceedings and even the editing, many times I wanted to offer my opinion but I had to respect the wishes of the director.”

Chan was in town on Tuesday with his co-star Daniel Wu to meet fans and promote Shinjuku Incident, which they say will not be released in China due to the film’s violent content and the negative influence it might have on young minds.

Helmed by multiple award-winning Hong Kong filmmaker Derek Yee, the gangster thriller tells of the sad predicament of Chinese immigrants caught between the police and the yakuza as they try to eke out a living in Shinjuku, Japan.

“Though I can’t say the same for many other directors, I knew I could trust Derek Yee. He did his research for 10 years. In this film, we’re showing people what their countrymen have to contend with in other countries. Effectively, we’re telling people everywhere that there’s no place like home.”

While it may not be considered a martial arts flick, the film is nevertheless packed with action sequences and tremendous dramatic impact, courtesy of action director Chin, who also plays Hongkie, a key figure in the movie. The film also stars mainland Chinese beauties Fan Bingbing and Xu Jinglei – both who play Chan’s love interests in the film, as well as Japanese actors Masaya Kato, and Naoto Takenaka.

The story is set in the early 1990s. Chan portrays Chinese tractor repairman, Steelhead, and Wu plays his fellow villager Jie. His girlfriend Xiuxiu (Xu Jinglei) goes to Japan to study and when she does not return, he enters Japan illegally to search for her.

There he meets Jie and he ends up doing odd jobs to earn a living. Then he finds out that she has married yakuza head Eguchi (Masaya Kato) and changed her name to Yuko. Meanwhile, he saves Inspector Kitano (Naoto Takenaka) from drowning and nightclub mama-san Lily (Fan) during a robbery. And along the way, he somehow gets entangled in triad dealings while trying to help his friends.

“The character I play is 70% like the real Jackie. I take care of other people and go far away to work leaving my family at home. In fact, I take care of others more than I do my own son. He’s in his 20s now. He used to compose songs. Now, he wants to make films. He plans to go into directing. I said to him, ‘You can do anything you like. But, there are three things you can’t touch: drugs, triads and gambling.’ My father taught me that. I grew up with all these negative influences around me but I never touched them.”

Heaping praise on the Chinese actresses in Shinjuku Incident, he said: “I think people have a lot to learn from mainland Chinese actresses. Their professionalism is impressive. A lot of the film’s dialogue is in Japanese; and Bingbing would come on set and speak like a native Japanese. Though, she doesn’t understand a word, she’s learnt all her Japanese lines by heart. And she’s got all the proper expressions and inflections to go with it.”

Unlike most of his previous films which mainly revolved around action, Chan traded kicks and punches for drama and tears this time around. “I have always wanted to be known as an actor who can fight, not an action star who can act.”

“My chief purpose has always been to make different films and play varied characters for the benefit of my fans. If people can accept me in Shinjuku Incident, then it would have really broadened the range of roles I can look forward to playing in the future. In Hollywood, I won’t get offered such films, they only give such roles to actors like Robert De Niro.”

Referencing his popular American and Hong Kong movies, Chan voiced his boredom at being stereotyped. “Given an opportunity, I would rather not carry on making films like Rush Hour and Police Story.

“I want to explore new things and have an enjoyable time on the set,” said Chan, who turns 55 next Tuesday. “If I continue making those movies, it would be no fun for me any more. The cameras start rolling and I repeat the same lines: ‘Don’t move. Police from Hong Kong. Inspector Lee,’” Chan droned, eliciting peals of laughter from the media present.

Though he is keen to explore a wider scope, he is concerned that moviegoers would not be able to accept change.

“To date, some 85% of the response I’ve gotten is positive. In Japan, however, fans were crying in the streets because they didn’t like to see me get beaten up or in any tragic sort of conclusion. To placate them, I had to tell them I already had a comedy in the pipeline.”

Chan then shared that he’d been working on a screenplay for the past decade. The film is a combination of action and noir comedy called Da Bing Xiao Jiang (Big Soldier, Little General). And his co-star for the flick would be none other than Rochester-born Taiwanese singer-songwriter, Wang Lee Hom.

“I hope to release this film this year as well so audiences will get to see two movies from me, and one with the Jackie they’re familiar with.”

Apart from that audiences can expect two other movies, a remake of Karate Kid said to be renamed as Kungfu Kid and Chu Ba Wang.

Chan is also ready to groom his successors, and he has already signed on all the 16 contestants from the 2008 edition of Beijing reality show titled Long De Quan Ren (Decendants of the Dragon). “Next year we’ll start the show again, and I will open it to Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Japan and the rest of the world, not just China.”

Other than being a cultural icon and role model for youths through his films, Chan is a keen entrepreneur and active philanthropist. With his own line of clothing, fitness centres and eateries, Chan has pledged a portion of his profits to fund various charities apart from his own Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation.

Besides being being a spokesperson for the government of Hong Kong and goodwill ambassador for Unicef, Chan also champions various causes, among them disaster relief efforts, protection against animal abuse, and various educational institutions.

A Jackie Chan museum is also being built in Shanghai.

Catch Jackie Chan in Shinjuku Incident, distributed by Golden Screen Cinemas, and now showing at cinemas nationwide. The movie is rated 18PL.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Confirmation on the $6 mil opening (HKD)

$6 mil HKD is only $774,204.474 USD.

Click the link for a Fan Bingbing photo gallery. Jackie turned 55 last Tuesday.

"Shinjuku Incident" Fan Bingbing covers HK magazine
    (CRI)
    Updated: 2009-04-10 10:05

Mainland star Fan Bingbing is on the cover of the April issue of trendy magazine Harper's Bazaar, the Hong Kong version. Fan Bingbing and Jackie Chan starred film "The Shinjuku Incident", has raked in about 6 million H.K. dollar since its opening there on April 2nd. The actress, most commonly known for her appearance, is received by film critics this time for her role in the Japan-backdropped film.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Soooo...

...anyone seen this yet?
    Daniel Wu - A Vase No More
    Thursday, April 30

Unlike most hunks in the entertainment industry America-born-Chinese, Daniel Wu, prefers to take on villain roles to challenge his acting skills. He is also one of the very few artistes open about his love life in front of media.

Wu plays an illegal immigrant from China in his latest movie The Shinjuku Incident. His character finds work in Japan together with his good friend (Jackie Chan) from their hometown. The timid nature of Wu's country lad character took a 180-degree turn after a run-in with a triad.

Wu said, "The process of change is very sudden, fast and extreme. That makes it difficult to convince or allow the audience to appreciate the change in the character. To portray his change into such a notorious character is really difficult."

A Golden Horse Best Supporting Actor, Wu finds breakthroughs in his own acting skills in The Shinjuku Incident. Winning an award, on the other hand, became insignificant and not as important for him anymore.

"As an actor, it shouldn't be just about awards, it should be about playing your character well. If you get an award for it, that's a bonus. To keep thinking of winning an award is an unhealthy mindset."

Mentor to Wu, Chan wqs also his childhood idol. His career has been soaring since joining Chan's company. It is not hard to notice the admiration and respect that Wu has for his mentor and friend.

"He is still my idol, in fact, our relationship is very special. He was the person who brought me into this line. For the past decade, we have built up a really good relationship. It feels almost like I've been integrated into his family and known him better. In the latest collaboration, we felt almost like father and son, or brothers. Never have I imagined that I would one day be a friend with Jackie. It's beyond a kid's wildest imagination to have his idol become his good friend."

In line with his cheerful and open nature, Wu speaks of his love life freely. He expressed that his girlfriend, Lisa S, and himself are currently focusing on building a career but still manage a very stable relationship.

"We have been together for six years, so I guess our relationship is pretty solid. I feel that we have to take things slowly, so we don't exactly have a marriage plan or when to have children. I feel that love should be organic, more natural, with feeling and chance. Anything can just happen."

With no wedding plans in the pipeline and only career in full focus, Wu shared that he does not plan to venture into Hollywood without a good role, but will continue to pursue the Asian market.

The Shinjuku Incident is currently showing in cinemas.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

20 US screens only

This would make a great double feature with Spy Next Door. Kidding! Just kidding.
    Posted: Tue., Jan. 12, 2010, 7:29am PT
    Jackie Chan's 'Incident' heads for U.S.
    Film to open on 20 screens in 10 U.S. markets
    By CLIFFORD COONAN

BEIJING -- Jackie Chan crimer "Shinjuku Incident" has secured theatrical distribution in the U.S. and will open Feb. 5, followed by a Sony Home Entertainment DVD release on May 25.

Pic's producers have partnered with Barking Cow Distribution to release the film in Chinese with English subtitles on 20 screens in 10 U.S. markets with large Chinese communities.

The DVD will offer a choice of either Chinese or English-language and subtitles.

In the pic, which was exec produced by Chan and helmed by Derek Yee, Chan plays an illegal Chinese immigrant trying to survive on the gangster-run streets of Tokyo in the 1990s. Pic also features Daniel Wu, Xu Jinglei and Fan Bingbing.

Pic was nixed by censors in mainland China for its violence and depiction of malcontent mainlanders fleeing to Japan.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips