Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BJJ use and Kung Fu

BJJ use and Kung Fu

Anybody here roll around on the ground with members of the same sex in a vaguely ****-erotic display of aggression? How does it affect your Kung Fu?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Talking

Better than chocolate.
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Anybody here roll around on the ground with members of the same sex in a vaguely ****-erotic display of aggression? How does it affect your Kung Fu?
    hmm not sure about what specific sexual act your speaking of...

for the most part its help my chi.

BJJ? Is that like a blumkin?
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

LOL at Vash
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Well if I don't get a throw, I'll just pull them down into my guard instead of trying to force it or going back to where we started. Always moving forward.

Have you ever rolled in kungfu pants? Lets just say it does not offer the same degree of separation as canvas jujitsu pants.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 08-19-2008 at 11:12 PM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I roll with BJJ guys not regularly, but enough to test my kung fu out.

Actually, I really enjoy having the opportunity. I was trained to fight kung fu at all angles, so fighting BJJ is just another way of working one's kung fu. I have great respect for BJJ and its practitioners as a result of my "rolling" experiences.

I firmly believe that sparring against BJJ guys has been very good for my kung fu. I feel that the more kinds of martial arts I go against, the better my kung fu will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post
    I firmly believe that sparring against BJJ guys has been very good for my kung fu. I feel that the more kinds of martial arts I go against, the better my kung fu will be.
    very good answer. but you see so many "kung fu" guys just doing BJJ now cause its more effective and "real"
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

it's not g@y unless it moves.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    it's not g@y unless it moves.
    so what would you do if you realized someone else's it moved while you were rolling with them?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I might spar against BJJ, but I don't "do" BJJ. I stick to what I know - kung fu.

I wouldn't be a good BJJ guy even if I tried. The mentality and moves just don't come naturally to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so what would you do if you realized someone else's it moved while you were rolling with them?
    cry...

thats why people wear cups...

The "it" coming up has happened to two students of mine who rolled at a BJJ academy run by a colleague of one of my martial arts instructor friends.

My two guys simply got up off the mat, said "Thank you for sparring", and left.

And NO, they weren't sparring each other when the "it" came up!!!
    Last edited by Kevin Huang; 08-20-2008 at 05:29 PM.

protection

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    cry...

thats why people wear cups...
    That was going to be my answer.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Note to self: ditch leopard print thong and get a cup.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.