Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BJJ use and Kung Fu

Knifefighter, Ford, Long time no read, how the heck are you guys?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post
    The "it" coming up has happened to two students of mine who rolled at a BJJ academy run by a colleague of one of my martial arts instructor friends.

My two guys simply got up off the mat, said "Thank you for sparring", and left.

And NO, they weren't sparring each other when the "it" came up!!!
    When I was in high school, we had a female wrestler on the team. She was kinda hot. None of the guys who wore cups wanted to roll with her out of fear it would get up. One guy tried...it got up. he was embarrased and so was she. We were like, "hey, at least you know you're not g@y!"
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Been about a year or two since I posted here, but I lurk from time to time. I had to chime in when I saw the ruckus from Huang. He always struck me as a humorous chap because I remember when he first came to this board years ago, he was always talking about how multiple attackers were no big deal because he'd just do his Shaolin double broadsword set with his keys. lol I just remember clicking on threads and seeing him mention this shaolin double broadsword set with his keys all the time. It always gave me a good chuckle.

I had to share. Now back to regularly scheduled flaming.
    LOL, yeah, I was wondering if it was the same huang when I saw he's in AZ.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

lol, dude, check your verbiage:

Quote Originally Posted by mightyb View Post
    exactly- wtf?? I was like "where'd this come from?". I think he's mixing up threads.

Kevin- all i can say is slow down on the e-challenges, that's so 2003 kfm forum. You started out with some good posts- but soon you'll just end up a troll on everyone's ignore list. There aren't that many trolls on here- and from the posts i read- people we're trying to debate you- not flame you-

it's kinda like you trashed him for wearing white pants after labor day...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

back on topic

MP, i started wrestling in 1981 and kung fu in 1982...my first teacher had also been a wrestler and my second teacher was a brown belt in judo...i'm not sure I can distinguish the difference in lessons...fit the tool to the task (jesu'chrissss') ****, i'm glad i crack (whups, more gheyness) myself up
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

TeH DeAdL3Y

Thanks to Lucas(?) for showing me the korr3ct spelling......

This has been bothering me for a while.... an Olympic event, but who IS
    "winning" this match?

Rogue, I'm doing pretty darn good actually. I hope all is well in your part of the world. That goes for all the old guys like Seven. Knife, IronFist, rubmybuddah (or whatever :-P ) , etc. Like I said, I still lurk from time to time, so you guys still crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post

"winning" this match?
    wow- if that's not a g@y, i don't know what is...

Yeah, that was not a picture designed to reinforce the manly heterosexuality of wrestling as a sport.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post

"winning" this match?
    LOL that is freaking hilarious.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

TeH DeAdL3Y

Well..... Reuters/Dylan Martinez (and Yahoo!)(does that "figure"?) thought that it was "newsworthy"........

and the captioning describes the "action" as the guy in red "fighting" the guy in blue....

??????
    Maybe I really don't wanna know about it?
    Last edited by bakxierboxer; 08-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Someone let me know if Chris McKinnley[sp] and friend of man post here. Oh, and Ginger Fist.

Thanks.

Judo and Kung Fu go well together
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-28-2008 at 06:36 AM.

That they do... though Judo isn't much different from Shuai Jiao.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    sometimes I think it's Gene. He might get bored, create an alias, and then start flame wars to pass the time.
    Reply]
    Gene IS the only one of us with the literary skills needed to pull something like that off.