Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BJJ use and Kung Fu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post
    Yes vankuen and mightyB, I am in a VERY different place from the rest of you.

I do kung fu in the REAL WORLD where I'm a martial arts professional who pays rent and taxes to the IRS for teaching others. The opinion of the paying client is the only opinion that matters to me, for I am at their service and not yours.

You martial arts nonprofessionals are not doing what I'm doing, teaching others in order to make a living. Hence you can woof away at pros like me without fearing financial or bodily repercussion.

I put my body and reputation on the line EVERY TIME I step into my classes. People are scrutinizing me just as much as I am scrutinizing them. They give me a thumbs up by signing up for classes, day after day and week after week. I don't do contracts, so people can quit any time they want.

Those guys read this forum too. They see you guys woofing at me, just like everybody else does. And you know what? They STILL keep coming to classes to learn my martial arts. Hence your woofing has ZERO IMPACT in my world, which is the REAL world.

As for those who would believe your amateurish woofing, they wouldn't last a single day in my classes. Thanks to your woofing, I receive attention from only the clients who have legitimate interest and aren't into kung fu just to bully others.

Let's see who else is next on the woofing list.
    Holy Christ. Okay Huang...here's some real talk for you, and your students can read this too.

1.Most of the people on here also "do" real gung fu in the real world.

2.For not caring about our opinions, you seem to really relish in responding to them

3.Remember, other people here teach as well...you're not the only "professional". Though you're the only one putting yourself on a pedestal.

4.We all put our bodies on the line every time we train and teach as well--why do you think this is exclusive to you?

5.People don't respond to your posts the way they do to make your students think any differently of you, they do it in response to what you write and sometimes...gosh darn it...you're not going to agree with it. You need to learn to deal with it and stop throwing an e-tantrum.

6.What people say on an internet forum has little to do with their fighting abilities or whether or not they'd last in one of your classes. IF that were the case than I seriously doubt (based on your posts on conditioning) that you'd last even five minutes in one of mine. Huff huff!

Get a grip man...seriously. Stop trying to fight with people so much and just understand that we all have different opinions. Some very different. But regardless of how those opinions come across (rude, blunt, fake, nice, ass-kissing, whatever), it's the freaking internet man.

Oops...almost forgot!

WOOF!
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 08-22-2008 at 07:32 AM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    holy sh!t...! A legit post! I tried that a few posts back and look where that got me! It made me a woofer!

Like I said- grappling training helps kung fu. You get into better shape (hard wrestling is the most intense cardio you can do) and it gives you direct feedback on how chin na has to be simple in order to have any chance at working.
    Agreed. Any sort of ground work is tremendously hard if you're not conditioned for it. We had a drill the other night where two guys had to hold down one...and everyone being held down was done within 5 minutes (give or take). That completely wipes you out.

On the flip side--I've heard of BJJ guys complaining about getting fat?! I suppose their bodies adapted or their game has improved to the point where they don't expend as much energy.

I agree on the chin na. I used to practice a lot of small circle joint locking and while some of it has been very useful in self defense, for sport fighting they simply don't work as well. Intricate movements have a much lower success rate. Attacking large joints with the entire body seems to have the best success rate.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Thumbs down In my humble opinion

And since Kevin doesnt care, in my humble opinion i think Kevin is an egocentric A$$hole who needs to get over himself. With your attitude i am very suprised you have students, You treat your students this way? I hate to think what you are imparting to them attitude wise. Inflating yourself to be this "professional" when you come off like a high school punk. Talk about Mouthboxing, you seem to be the self appointed king of it right now.
    But its okay really Kevin, You can hide behind this screen nick and get out your ego centric frustrations on this forum without having to answer for them at all. Everytime you look in the mirror you know what it is that you see. You know what reflection i see of you Kevin? A self inflated ego centric punk with no real self respect OR integrity that is masked with foolish pride and peac0ck ruffled feathers.
    You are about as transparent as the glass house you live in buddy. Whata jerk0ff.

PS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHwaicSkRk

great band douchwad
    TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 08-22-2008 at 08:31 AM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I think that doing BJJ and wrestling has helped my kung fu in that it shows me what I need to work on if I ever happened to have to fight a grappler. Plus if I feel its better to take the fight to the ground rather than fight standing I can do it.
    Good god! I agree with mkriii! The world must be ending.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Total count of martial artists from here who intend to put their moves where their foul mouths are: ZERO. And counting.

End of story.

Total count of martial artists from here who intend to put their moves where their foul mouths are: ZERO. And counting.

End of story.
    And I was getting ready to jump in and defend you because I don't think that you intend to be a troll- you're just coming off that way.
    ---
    What I was going to say to the guys was to lay off of insulting the music. It takes passion to be a musician or an artist and it takes guts to play in front of people like that. Some people like country, some like rock-n-roll, so don't insult a musician who's playing a style they like just because you don't get into that style...
    ---
    Regardless of the above statement about the music- Kevin's still acts like an @ss when he "discusses" the martial arts. That'll probably change as his mouth boxing skill improves.

WooF!

Ralek/Rolls come back from the dead?! Oh my, I had to post once I saw that Don't know what all the hub bub is about with Kevin. Some folk just don't have anyone in "real" life to talk to so they use the boards to "get it all out" I guess. Crazy how this post bursted into flames for no apparent reason.

Seriously rogue, it doesn't matter whether my guys tapped or not.

People are going to think what they think.
    It does matter in the sense that if they did they may have to thinking to do and some reworking of their training. If they didn't then that speaks very highly of their training and skills. It may just be sparring but it does give a slight glimpse into the skills.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

TWS, I prayed and prayed, but the gay...

it stayed.

Kevin Huang.... yes.... I remember you. You had some strongly held opinions back then too as I recall.... You developed a form that revolved around fighting either in a chair or starting in a chair, didn't you?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

It seems that only well trained MA's (the few) can actually see the similarities and train/cross train with BJJ. Adding ne waza (ground techniques) to what we call kungfu can make a higher grade practitioner.

Once upon a time in an old west saloon...

The piano player ducked behind his upright.
    "Kevin Huang.... yes.... I remember you", said the Prankster slamming down his shot glass onto the bar. "You had some strongly held opinions back then too as I recall....", he continued, peering under the brim of his hat at the big mirror behind the bar.
    Turning quickly the Prankster struck like a ***** rattler, grabbing "The Kid" by the front of his Rockmount cowboy shirt. "You developed a form that revolved around fighting either in a chair or starting in a chair, didn't you?", spat the Prankster.

The Kid knew his goose was cooked when he saw...

IT!
    Last edited by rogue; 08-22-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    TWS, I prayed and prayed, but the gay...

it stayed.
    I smell a new sig!

DM

It has everything to do with mouthboxers like YOU woofing away, knowing that you'll never face me in person.

Guys like you TALK martial arts, and with great disrespect for me and other professionals who DO martial arts for a living.

Professional martial artists like myself don't waste our time dealing with amateur woofers who can't walk the talk.

Holy crap, what a fuckin' clown this guy is.